Best Buy Canada - 20% off sale

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cliff barua, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cliff barua

cliff barua New Member Thread Starter

A doctor's apointment gave me a chance to go into Best Buy in Downsview (Toronto) this morning on the way to work to pick up the Pet Sounds DVD-A. As many here have stated, they've organized all their hi-rez stuff into one area with the redbook CD's.

From July 25-31, they're having a 20% sale on ALL their DVD-A's and SACD's. This was of course troubling to me because I've bought every friggin' hi-rez disc I want so far (and usually from Best Buy!! :) ). Their prices were already amongst the lowest in canada on hi-rez. I got the Pet Sounds disc for $18.39 CDN (I always add CDN because inevitably a forum member will try to one-up me by saying that he picked up Pet Sounds from Best Buy for $15.99 just outside of Mobile, Alabama :D ). But if you're looking for all the Warner titles (Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, etc) they're all about $21.50 CDN now and others such as Chicago II and the new Stely Dan may be even cheaper. The Police SACD's are $16 bucks (except for live), Peter Gabriel is cheap, etc (you get the picture).

Anyway, if you're looking to add to your hi-rez collection or wanting to pick up the old Sony stereo-only titles (Thriller, Abraxas, Byrd's Greatest) before they get remixed and remastered, now would be a good time.

Cliff

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Cliff, makes me wish I lived closer to the border!

mud-:D

3. Dave D

Dave D Done!

now that there's nothing for me to buy..........

:realmad:

4. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

That's ALWAYS the way. Those that want things first are always punished.

mud-:D

5. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Come on. There's ALWAYS something to buy!

6. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I wish Best Buy would hurry and come to BC, we need more stores...

7. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

You are right. I have a hundred or so titles but there are a few like Foreigner 4 that I may get now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.