Best Buy sale on selected UMG Deluxe Edition CD sets.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by KeithH, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

Best Buy is currently running a sale on selected UMG Deluxe Edition CD sets. Selected sets are $19.99 each and are featured on an end cap at the front of the store. In addition, when you buy one of these sets, you get a Deluxe Edition sampler CD free. I don't recall all of the sets that are part of the sale, but here are some of them:

* Cream Disraeli Gears
    * The Allman Bros. Band Live at the Fillmore East
    * Bob Marley and the Wailers Legend
    * The Who Who's Next
    * Lynyrd Skynyrd Gimme Back My Bullets
    * Lynyrd Skynyrd One More From The Road
    * Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (hybrid SACD)
    * Elton John Captain Fantastic
    * Eric Clapton 461 Ocean Boulevard
    * Weezer (album title?)

I did not look at the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road set closely to see if it was the standard two-disc set or the three-disc set with the bonus DVD. Nevertheless, that's a pretty good selecton of titles, though the one I really want, Joe Jackson Night and Day, is not part of the sale.

One should be able to get most or all of these titles for less through yourmusic.com, but the sale intrigues me from the standpoint of instant gratification and because I like those promo discs. I may go back and grab a few, though I do not know how the mastering is one many of them. The only one of the lot I have is Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and I feel the SACD layers are mastered hot.

2. floyd

floyd Senior Member

as you point out some of these are at yourmusic.com but some not. I am interested in WHo's Next for the bonus materiel and Skynyrd's Bullets album (I like my One more From the Road DE I recomend it) I have to wonder if waiting be fruitful for yourmusic.com after all WHo's Next has been out a while and hasn't yet shown up.

3. KeithH

Is Best Buy still running the sale? I saw a sale endcap at one Best Buy store last Tuesday, but another Best Buy in my area did not have a sale endcap on Friday.

4. ghostdwg

ghostdwg Senior Member

According to the full page ad on the back of the current issue of ICE, the Best Buy DE sale is supposed to be running until 4/15.

5. KeithH

Thanks. Maybe the store I was in on Friday took the sale endcap down because they ran out of the samplers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.