Best Buy's long, drawn out CD wake

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Another Steve, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

I came across the original UK record for 49p once. Admittedly, it was quite beat up. The artwork was still pretty impressive in its beat up state.

DME1061 likes this.
  2. DME1061

DME1061 Forum Resident

I haven't been in the Record Collector in a while. I went to see Cheetah Chrome perform there a couple of years ago and while he was setting up I was browsing through their selection. I didn't see much I was interested in and it was on the expensive side.

zphage likes this.
  3. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

:laugh:

4. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

It now makes perfect sense to for Best Buy to have had all their media on rolling racks.
    Every time I'd go in there, they were moved ever closer to the back doors.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. rjp

rjp Senior Member

where online?

amazon and ebay both have used prices through the roof, and across the board.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

I think I mostly bought their "exclusives." Same with Target. Also, I would go there on Tuesday's back in the day to pick up a new release that I knew they'd have in stock at the sale price. But BB wasn't ever conducive to browsing.

ian christopher and zphage like this.
  7. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Likely areas that skew older (Older Millennials -born before 1985 - and areas with a lot of Xers and younger Boomers who caught the CD wave)

I've also noticed that in areas with a lot of big-rig trucks on the road, there tends to be more music stores, and many gas stations/truck stops carry CD's for sale.

8. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

the Fry's electronics near me has a decent CD selection. A lot of Bowie and Judas Priest, interestingly.

9. shirtandtie

shirtandtie Forum Resident

Not a retailer in sight where I am. One Newbury Comics but I don’t count it because they’ve basically turned into Spencer Gifts. Everything is online for me now!

10. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Just noticed that most of the CDs that I had in my saved for later section at bestbuy.com are now out of stock. Are they getting out of the CD business online too?

11. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

You could look online such as amazon and Best Buy would price match it. I did that when I saw the Rush 2112 hologram vinyl there and got it for $11 and change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.