Best Generic Stylus for an Ortofon OM 5e Cartridge?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by thebunk, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jelloalien

Jelloalien Stylus Genie

I think pfanstiehl source their styli from Switzerland and EVG/TONAR/LP Gear from Japan

2. needlestein

needlestein GrooveTickler

Yes, I wasn't trying to say that the EVG styli are the same as the Pfanstiehl styli. I was trying to say that what EVG offers throughout the range from 10 to 30 is really all just the same stylus in different packaging, and of course, they're all the same price. Pfanstiehl does the same thing. If you check Jico's website, Jico does it, too.

Pfanstiehl does often source from Switzerland--that's what the box says. But sometimes the box says something else, and other times the box is just plain wrong. Pfanstiehl has changed suppliers a number of times without updating the country of origin on the packaging. For example, I know that what they offer for the Stanton 4822-D7A right now is a Colombia-made Normarh, which is an excellent stylus. The package, however, has remained unchanged and still says "Made in Switzerland." I've also gotten a Japan version in the same package as well as the original Switzerland version which looks identical to the 4822-DEE, but without the red dot. I'm just assuming that those ones actually comply with what's written on the packaging and are, indeed, made in Switzerland.

Jelloalien likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.