Best McCartney unreleased song

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by backseat, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Natural E likes this.
  2. Natural E

Natural E Forum Resident

Oh okay, I am familiar with the 1978 Rupert The Bear" recordings. I guess when I read "Rupert Song" I was thinking of the McCartney LP 1970 outtake called "Rupert Guitar Song," which has been speculated to be the same as "When The Wind Is Blowing".

3. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I went with Waterspout, but there are some very nice tracks there, Your School would be a close 2nd. Glenn is spot-on with Nightingale--that is a fantastic track. I also have to say that the demo with Elvis C for So Like Candy is unbelievably cool.

4. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

There are many other good songs missing, but from the list, I went for 'Your School', which is a beautiful song with a lovely vocal. I also love the poppy 'Waterspout'.

I would love to hear Paul's 'Is It Raining In London?', because the version that I have heard sounds like it is a good song.

5. ladycat

ladycat Forum Resident

I like this one

6. Pastle

Pastle Forum Resident

"Tragedy". He did a few versions and they were all very good. Great cover.

buzzzx, theMess and Johnny Reb like this.
  7. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I do love "Waterspout" and "Yvonne" but if it were included, I would have picked "On The Wings Of A Nightengale."

Mooserfan and theMess like this.
  8. :righton:

9. RKMiller

RKMiller Forum Resident

Waterspout, with Yvonne a close second.

10. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

That would be my vote, but on this list I chose Yvonne

ladycat likes this.
  11. jricc

jricc Senior Member

I voted Waterspout, but Cage and Yvonne are right up there too, IMHO.

12. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics' Thread Starter

Just looking at the poll results until now...well, as expected at the moment "Waterspout" gathered much of the votes...Surprisigly (to me, at least) "Return to Pepperland" shares the second spot along with "Cage"!

theMess likes this.
  13. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

What about "Boil Crisis"? That song's about as twisted as McCartney can get..."Prick the blightah!":laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Seriously, though, "1882" would get my vote as well:cheers: After doing my Beatles thing Saturday morning, Saturday night I tried a little experiment with Ram and Red Rose Speedway while watching Hockey Night In Canada with the sound off:righton: Knowing "Get On The Right Thing" and "Little Lamb Dragonfly" were Ram leftovers I put them on Ram in place of "Ram On" and "Long Haired Lady" (my least favourite Ramsongs) and replaced them on RRS with "Night Out" and "1882". Worked mighty fine, if I do say so myself...

backseat likes this.
  14. 1) Waterspout

2)Cage
    Boil Crisis
    Unbelievable Experience
    Stop, You Don't Know Where She Come From? (Ok, now we get it on the reissue)
    Robber's Ball
    Night Out
    Tragedy...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

1882: Demo version (1970) followed by live version (1972):

Buick6, Zeki and Johnny Reb like this.
  16. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Cage is two fabulous songs spoilt by being joined together; Yvonne's The One is wonderful - I love it - but I picked Waterspout because I just can't stop grinning like an idiot every time I hear it.

17. Fortuleo

Fortuleo Used to be a Forum Resident

On the list Cage. Your School second.

Not on the list : Nightingale and Tommy's Coming Home

18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Carnival Of Light. :)

Cake likes this.
  19. Cake

Cake Forum Resident

That track and the extended Number Nine REALLY need to be released, already!

I would especially LOVE to hear Carnival Of Light but all of the versions that are on youtube and being shared on internet sites are all FAKE, am I correct?

alexpop likes this.
  20. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb RĂ©sident du forum

Yep.

Cake likes this.
  21. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

Lets' see. They are unreleased so I never heard of any of them.

22. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

About time someone got this right. Right @Glenn Christense ?

Everytime I see one of these threads I'm sure someone is announcing the news I've been waiting for for a long time.

23. readr

readr Forum Resident

Mama's Little Girl

I know it came out way later on a single in the late 80's. But, it's a song that was unreleased. I think it's a gem.

theMess likes this.
  24. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Occasionally, a McCartney song stopped me in my tracks. I stop what I'm doing and sit down and listen. this is what happened when I heard Did We Meet Somewhere Before. I had goosebumps at several parts of the song and I think it is literally beautiful. The 'happening time and time again' chorus is just wonderful and the last note of the ending gives me chills. If I had to make a cdr for someone of Paul's best songs ever, this would be on the disc. Hopelessly romantic, wistful and sweet.

theMess, mrjinks and Johnny Reb like this.
  25. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I chose Cage if only for the middle part ("I've been sent to tell you..."). Classic McCartney melody. Second choice was ...Nightingale and third was Did We Meet..

theMess likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.