"Best of Vol 1" Van Halen CD?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by musicfan37, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member Thread Starter

Does anyone know if there is any sonic difference between the domestic release verses the Japanese CD release? There is only one extra track on the import.

2. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

I am not sure if there is a sonic difference, but I think the full CDs that were reissued and that B/O were done with different mastering. Also, the early pressings of BOV1 had a different version of "Runnin' With The Devil" that had the verses and choruses in a different order (a pretty weird arrangement). I guess someone accidentally used a different edit of the song that was never officially released. Not sure if that is true of the Japanese release.

BOB

3. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile

The Japanese pressing adds Hot for Teacher

Brian

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

In the US, Warner Brothers released the best of CD, it contained the alternate edit of "Runnin' With The Devil". When WBv realized it, they fixed it in subsequent runs. I assume the Japanese version was never fixed.

5. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member Thread Starter

I was just curious why the Japanese issue CD is going for approximately $45 (w/ one extra track) when the domestic is $14.

6. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

Japanese pressings in Japan are a bit more expensive that US imports there. That is why they typically add more tracks to their versions. For ANY Japanese CD to be imported into the US, it is usually upwards of $35, regardless of what is on it. Whether it is of value to you or not is up to you.

BOB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.