Best versions of a couple of punk classics

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jligon, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jligon

jligon Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was wondering if anyone had opinions on the best sounding CDs of Never Mind The Bollocks and/or The Ramones (first album). In particular, I'm interested in any opinions regarding any of the import issues of these albums.

Thanks,

Jon

2. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I just saw somewhere (Billboard online maybe?) that the Pistols stuff is being re-done, probably with bonus tracks.

3. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

They also remastered Never Mind the Bullocks as an import (I think it was the twentieth anniversary edition) in 1997. Good to know there is some people who post here who are into punk. I recently completed my collection of MOJO Magazine's top 100 punk songs. They put out the punk issue last October and I immedialtely set out to purchase the songs I didn't already own. I did the same when they put out their top 100 psychedelic songs in '97. I don't know why I do this, I'm a list freak I guess. Plus, it's fun to collect them all...

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Yeah, I found a remaster (or so it seemed) of the 20th anniversary, only released by Virgin in the UK. It was released in a hardcover mini-book with 2 Cds inside. I neglected to pick it up, but someone told me it didn't sound like a remaster, just a repackage.

5. Matt

Matt New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.