Better Call Saul - Season Four Discussion & Digestion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by EVOLVIST, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

We saw him get easily bested by Mike when he was trying to ambush him. Other indicators also suggest your evaluation to be correct as well.

Yes, but Saul had a gun to his head at that point and he's the kind who crumbles easily in those situations, so I don't think he was lying then.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  2. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Thank you for the explanation. I feel better that I didn't miss anything obvious. If there was a shred of decency in Saul (and there may not have been) when he met Walter and Pinkman, he may have blamed Nacho for something because Nacho was already dead, and no one would have to pay the price for Saul's lie. Or not.

3. EVOLVIST

EVOLVIST Kid A Thread Starter

Interesting. You could be right. They could write Nacho way into the future, or out, without feeling shoehorned. Nacho could be dead, or have gotten far away.

Funny, I just noticed; does Saul says "Eladio?" Saul certainly says that he's a friend of the cartel...in Spanish.

4. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Sounds like "Delado", but it might be close enough to "Eladio" to fudge. He's a friend of the cartel. He knows a guy who knows a guy. :)

Gems-A-Bems and EVOLVIST like this.
  5. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident

Yes, but there are collectible hummels that may be worth tens of thousands of dollars. No shortage of hummels selling upwards of $1000 on eBay. Looks like the highest priced one currently has a buy it now price of $35,000 (little old man reading a newspaper).

Brett44 and genesim like this.
  6. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I personally am glad I never get into something like that. Everybody has their poison and where there is an interest there is a collectible that gets an astronomical sellers price.

snowman872 likes this.
  7. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident

Yes, exactly. Many of us here are music collectors and understand the mania over certain items.

genesim, rontoon and EVOLVIST like this.
  8. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

That's a good point. Gus having a cop background would explain his respect for Mike as well. It would be even better if we find out that Gus was involved in the murder of Mike's son...

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

10. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

I really can't see how anyone would get suspicious when a guy with heart problems who is old has an attack of some sort dealing with his heart.

Shawn likes this.
  11. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

I think Gus is just really good at reading people. Nacho was very nervous and displayed some tells which Gus could have picked up on. And I believe he has seen that Nacho is a more or less "decent" person and not too happy with Hector's ways and could not be happy about what Hector did to Nacho's father.

Vidiot, JimW and EVOLVIST like this.
  12. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

But he had seen him many times recover from a fit after taking the nitro pill. It makes sense to me that he would be suspicious after watching him take a pill and it not having the usual effect.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  13. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Dipping sticks, yo!

notesofachord, George P and JimW like this.
  14. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

15. EVOLVIST

Note that in episode 2, Jimmy pulls up to the copier place, runs his hands through his hair, some hair comes out of his head.

Jimmy is a lot more stressed over Chuck's death than he lets on.

No wonder he blew off some steam with the two marks he made at the copy dealer.

Vidiot and JimW like this.
  16. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Could the contamination in the 67% sample be chili powder?

Kyhl, Hot Ptah, mpayan and 2 others like this.
  17. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Really good episode.

Something tells me that Nacho's suffering has just begun.

Hot Ptah and JimW like this.
  18. EVOLVIST

Ha! I doubt it. Pinkman said it's his signature meth, and Pinkman is like 16-years old right now. Although, it's possible...even if he fails Mr. White's chem class?

Speaking of Pinkman, that would be a helluva coincidence given that Pinkman shoots a certain someone in the face.

Hot Ptah likes this.
  19. EVOLVIST

I have to ask. Maybe I'm dense or something, but what would compel the cousins, of all people, to save Ignacio?

20. JimW

I knew as soon as I saw it was a university Gus was walking through who'd turn up. Very happy to see Gail!

Kyhl, rontoon, EddieMann and 2 others like this.
  21. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

They kept teasing before the season started that a BB character would return whom viewers would be thrilled about. About half way through tonight's episode, I thought, "gee, this guy was cool but I'm not that thrilled." Little did I know there was another surprise coming!

JimW likes this.
  22. JimW

??? They're all part of the Salamanca crew- why wouldn't they save him?

23. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

That was gonna be my answer. Nacho might not be family, but he has been a very loyal (as far as they know) member of their crew.

24. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Could just be business. Their bosses would want to know all Nacho can tell them about who hit them.

25. JimW

And is currently the highest ranking member of that crew north of the border, if I'm not mistaken.

This too.

Kyhl, bopdd, BEAThoven and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.