Better Call Saul - Season Three Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stereoptic, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Hate the wait.
    Game Of Thrones 2 year wait ( media ).

2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I was watching Breaking Bad re-runs AMC today and Bob Odenkirk did a commercial for the season 3 BR and saw Summer on one of the tags. So, I'm guessing it returns this summer.

3. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

A nice Vince Gilligan interview on todays AV club: https://www.avclub.com/vince-gilligan-says-better-call-saul-gets-darker-this-1822418789

This surprised me: " We [the writers] are greedy, we want to see all these people—up to and certainly last but not least, Walter White himself. Hopefully someday we’ll get to that—I’ll have to be coy about when that may be. But also, sometimes we just don’t know. We’re feeling our way through it."

alexpop likes this.
  4. alexpop

What's the projected plan for BCS series, ie; how many seasons ???

5. beercanchicken

beercanchicken Legendary Stickman

I've read they believe it will take the same amount to tell the story as BB, so 5? Which sounds about right considering where they are in the narrative. I personally expect the rest of the way to be pretty f-ing dark.
    I'm hoping we get some Bill Burr.

alexpop likes this.
  6. alexpop

It will be brilliant in season 5 to introduce WW. Means if you want to go on a 10 season binge start with BCS then continue with BB.

beercanchicken likes this.
  7. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

I hope they go beyond BB with the Omaha stuff. VG has said that is is indeed possible that they do that.

8. beercanchicken

beercanchicken Legendary Stickman

I bet it does end like that. If not a cameo, at least a phone call or something saying to expect a "new client"

alexpop likes this.
  9. alexpop

Continuity..
    Could a new story be possible with Saul Goodman and Jesse Pinkman still alive ?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  10. alexpop

That would be brilliant !!!

11. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

One good thing if they ever resume at the Cinnabon situation ... Odenkirk would not have to have bangs any more to make him seem younger.

alexpop likes this.
  12. alexpop

Robert Foster /Ed, make you disappear guy. Now that was a interesting character something to explore in sequel of sorts.

Gems-A-Bems likes this.
  13. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I finished Season 3 this morning, and while I love this show I have to confess that I am always frustrated with the season finales because I keep forgetting every year that the seasons are only 10 episodes. That isn’t inherently a bad thing except the finales never feel like finales, they feel like the episode before the finale. I don’t know any other show that does that. Yeah, the major plots get wrapped up and there is the usual teasers and such for the next season, but the cliffhangers are always of the softer “wait for next week” variety rather than the “wait for next year” kind that they usually are. It’s all so.... “ARGHHH!!!”

14. alexpop

One of the advantages of watching a show when it's completely finished is you have the advantages of binge watching, less frustration.

15. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

You consider one of the main characters (trying to be spoiler free-ish) potentially being burned alive and dying in a fire he caused himself as a minor 'next week' kind of cliffhanger as opposed to a season ending one?

notesofachord likes this.
  16. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

A lot of interviews with cast and crew after the last episode talked about it as if it was clear what happened. I thought it was left open. Won't go into any details to avoid spoiler.

Can't believe the next season won't be until the fall. Usually the finale would be on right around now.

17. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

Hoping the next BB spinoff will be called "Chillin' with Badger and Skinny Pete".

EddieMann, Jerry Horne and EVOLVIST like this.
  18. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Pretty much. It isn’t as if the house exploded from a gas leak or anything. There’s too much wiggle room for the character to survive, so as far as cliffhangers go it’s kind of “meh”. The car crash ending had more “oomph”.

19. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I would say we were not meant to see what happened as a cliffhanger, we were meant to see it as the end of that character's story. That's why they are not talking about it as if it was left open. There isn't going to be a last minute rescue.

20. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I’ve really struggled with getting into Season Three. I barely made it through episode 1 and haven’t been able to start episode 2. I found it kind of depressing.

21. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

As good as the show is, I think the pacing has been a problem... if Breaking Bad had unfolded at the speed of Better Call Saul it would have taken a whole season for Walt to make his first batch of meth.

Myke likes this.
  22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

There is a lot of just holding a shot, and we're sitting there, looking at the same image...for the longest time...just sitting there...:yawn:....

23. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I enjoy the pace and that it’s so different from Breaking Bad. Jimmy is a much different character than Walt so it stands to reason that their stories wouldn’t be similarly told.

24. alexpop

I felt the same way with season 1. Interesting and boring at the same time. S3 started to feel like Breaking Bad.

25. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

I like the pacing as well. It's a great break from all the quick cut, post-Bourne's Identity stuff we are typically subjected to.

Tord, rburly and Lonson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.