Better Call Saul - Season Three Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stereoptic, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

There is a theory that the character of Hank was present at the arrest of Tuco.

We also already know that Krazy-8 is or will be one of Hank's informants.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Doh, I burst out laughing because it was so silly. I didn't buy it for a second. But I love the show so much, I just let it go. Eh, they can only do so much beyond just hiring younger actors who sorta/kinda look like the principals.

What really made the line work was the look on Bryan Cranston's face when he said "Tread... lightly." That scared the F outta me. And (to give actor Dean Norris credit) the shock on Hank's face made that line 10 times scarier. Both brilliant, brilliant actors who make what they do seem very simple.

3. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

"Convincingly" may have been too strong a word, but it was much better than I expected it would be. In any event, I hope they have more flashbacks. I like Mel Rodriguez's character ("Todd" in Last Man on Earth) and his and Slippin' Jimmy's shenanigans.

Vidiot likes this.
  4. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

Season 2 now on Netflix!

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  5. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Better Call Saul Season 3 Is "Quite A Bit Darker," Creator Says

Season 3 will showcase the transformation of Jimmy McGill, while Gus Fring will also show up.

The Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul returns for its third season next month, and now we know a little bit more about it, at least in terms of tone. Co-creator Vince Gilligan said at the show's Los Angeles premiere today that Season 3 brings the show more closely in line with Breaking Bad.

"Things get quite a bit darker in season three, more Breaking Bad-like," Gilligan said, as reported by Variety. "We didn't set out for that to happen--it came to us organically."

Season 3 will also show more of by-the-book lawyer Jimmy McGill's transition to slimy attorney Saul Goodman. "There's a big movement into the character of Saul Goodman," McGill/Goodman actor Bob Odenkirk said. "This is the first time he presents himself as Saul Goodman, which is actually kind of fun."

"There's more of an internal movement of this really sweet character, Jimmy McGill, who kind of shuts himself down and does some very callous things that are very Saul Goodman-like. It's just sad. It made me feel bad."

Another interesting element of Season 3 is that the character Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) is joining the show--and he'll play a big part, apparently. "We're going to see a lot of Gus Fring as he builds his drug empire," Odenkirk said. "Dominoes start to topple at the end of Season 3. Season 4, if there is one, should be a rollercoaster ride."

In other news, it's rumored that the Breaking Bad character Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) could join Better Call Saul.

Better Call Saul returns on April 10.

Better Call Saul Season 3 Is "Quite A Bit Darker," Creator Says

6. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Can't wait for this! ^^^

7. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

Didn't want to read all of the above because I don't want any preview of things to come, but you had to figure that BCS and BB would have to merge sooner rather than later. After all, there's no guarantee that the show's creators have more than a season or two to accomplish their task. Besides, there's always room for some post-BB stuff . . . and even pre-BCS "Slippin' Jimmy" stuff. In this respect, I think the show's narrative is being handled well.

I have a guess about how BCS and BB merge, but I won't poison anyone's mind with my theories (which often are dead wrong in any event).

IronWaffle and George P like this.
  8. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

All my theories have turned out to be wrong, too. I'm glad, I like the surprises.

9. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Cant wait! My Walking Dead ends this weekend, so I'll be itching...... :pineapple:

P.S. I didn't want to give it away, but Better Caul Saul leads to the Walking Dead series. :D

Lownote30 likes this.
  10. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

Rob said in an interview on The Weekly that this season we see Jimmy realy develop into the Saul character.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the last season. Rob is noticably aging (although, still looking great!) to keep this up, even with make-up. Not that that would bother me too much.

11. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

They could always jump it forward to the Cinnabon era.

George P likes this.
  12. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

Sometimes stones are better left unturned, because usually you find bugs and foul-smelling soil under them.

With that said, I most certainly wouldn't object to them dedicating the final episode to it. In fact, that's something I'd love to see.

13. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

If you are concerned with that, then what do you think of Mike's granddaughter's age?

14. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

looking forward to it. iZombie starts next week and Better Call Saul the week after. nice :righton:

15. Vinyl Addict

I'm more excited by BCS, then Fargo starts shortly after

EVOLVIST likes this.
  16. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Hate to say it, but Ive pretty much lost interest in the show. They waited too damn long to start it back up. Lost the groove.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  17. Vinyl Addict

I know that feeling. I'm gonna go back and watch season 2 on Netflix to get me caught up and enthused again.
    Anyone know where I can watch/stream season 2 of Fargo?

18. mds

mds Forum Resident

The potential to do multi seasons is endless. If the actors continue to look young enough season four could go deeper into BB territory. If their aging isn't credible go to the Cinnabon era, and make it present. The writers are creative enough to bring Saul back for a renaissance as either the kind, gentle and loser Jimmy or the Slippin' Jimmy or the cut throat Saul. Endless Season potential.

Tim S and Lownote30 like this.
  19. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

Never watched Better Call Saul. Loved Breaking Bad though! Is it as gripping as BB??

20. Who is Rob? Robert Odenkirk?

I highly doubt this will be the last season. In fact, Thomas Schnauz has made it pretty clear, unless the writers make major changes, that the whole post-Breaking Bad era with "Gene" is going to be explored.

21. Yep, Fargo, and concurrent with BCS is arguably the greatest show on TV right now, The Leftovers, for it's final season.

Scotian likes this.
  22. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Better Call Saul is its own show. It isn't gripping in the same way BB was, but there aren't many shows that are. There was a lot of "shock and awe" to BB that you won't get from BCS. The quality of the show is just as high as BB, and I've yet to meet a BB fan that didn't like BCS. Jimmy/Saul as a character is as rich as any on BB.

JimW, blind_melon1, Deesky and 2 others like this.
  23. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I agree wholeheartedly. And BCS has Rhea Seehorn and Michael McKean, who are great assets that BB didn't have. And there's the Jonathon Banks stories in BCS that ARE gripping, and with Giancarlo Esposito joining this season I expect BB calibre grip ahead.

JimW, Mr. H and Tim S like this.
  24. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

Thanks. Will check it out.

25. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I agree and I expect more "grip" this season, too - can't wait!

BLUESJAZZMAN and Lonson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.