Better Call Saul - Season Three Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stereoptic, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I agree. The one subplot that really has me puzzled (and is definitely on the slow side) is what's going on between Mike and Stacey. I know the writers are going somewhere with this, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. It sure is taking time to develop. I'd like to add that Kerry Condon is one lovely woman :love:

[​IMG]

2. Man, you don't get out much! I'll name a few:

Gum on the bottom of your shoe
    Stage 3 syphilis
    Ricin in your rice
    Squat cobbler night with your family
    A hammer blow to the head
    A hammer to blow your other head
    Brock Oswieler
    Cucumber water that tastes of foil

Those are just a few, off the top of my head.

Rosskolnikov and GentleSenator like this.
  3. George P

George P Notable Member

4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

She did a great job in "Rome."

5. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I don't think there's anything to puzzle over after she and Mike came to their understanding about his son/her husband. He decided to come clean with her and let her decide without pressuring her whether she wanted to turn him in. Clearly she decided not to. As for Mike, we already knew from BB that he is singularly motivated to provide for his granddaughter--preferably without killing anyone and without double-crossing the men he hires.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  6. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I am betting that beyond Brock Oswieler, you haven't experienced hardly any of these.

7. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

There's something more going on here - Stacey is obviously manipulating Mike and he knows it. He's going along with it because of Kaylee and his own guilt. The whole playground thing in the last episode should have made it obvious - if it wasn't before. If there wasn't something up here the show would not have devoted any time at all to it.

8. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Oh, I see what you mean. The gunshot issue was also awkward, where Mike had just sat outside all night and knew she was either confused or lying.

Hot Ptah likes this.
  9. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

All a matter of perspective. Better to be squat cobbled than Chicago sun roofed I always say.

Mark E. Moon and Vinyl Addict like this.
  10. And Brock Osweiler isn't enough? :(

GentleSenator and jeffgt14 like this.
  11. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

What makes it more intriguing is that somehow they seem to make peace with each other by the time of Breaking Bad.

12. Hot Ptah

You "always say"? So that is an expression that you use often in daily conversation?

13. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I watched him here at ASU and was quite aware that he was/is a mediocre QB. My team resides in Philly and I have my own problems.

14. GregM

GregM The expanding man

That guy was hugely obnoxious right down to the William H. Macy ripoff. I wonder if he was directed to act like a Fargo character.

15. Brock was more than enough misery for a lifetime.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  16. It's the hip new phrase - hasn't made its way to Missour-a yet.

Hot Ptah likes this.
  17. Hot Ptah

It is hilarious that this very character has returned and is playing a major role in the story again.

18. Sclar Brothers! I wonder if they eventually pay Jimmy for more commercials with that (probably faked) Blackmore-signed guitar . . .

By the way, based on the timing of this show (before Breaking Bad), the long-haired kid very likely WOULD have known who Ritchie Blackmore was.

rburly and Hot Ptah like this.
  19. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

It's set in 2002. Why would he know who Ritchie Blackmore was? From his stack of Blackmore's Night CD's?

jeffgt14 likes this.
  20. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

(sobbing) "...Read the transcripts...!"

George P, Hot Ptah and Tim S like this.
  21. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Apparently something like that happens - did you notice Jimmy playing it near the end of the preview for next episode?

22. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I guess the same way he could sing "Bali Hai" from memory.

23. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Not in Saul mode just yet, but quite a few indicators piling up. From the community service stress, to lack of success in the ad business (in fact, going backwards), to the restaurant scene with Kim where they 'mock' pick out rubes to be fleeced, except that Jimmy is quite serious, while Kim's half into it but pulls him back in time. And of course, the end scene where he exacts further revenge on Chuck by bringing his courtroom breakdown to the notice of the insurance company in a very funny scene. Get ready for further fallout when Chuck learns about this.

So we have increasing desperation, willingness to scam and a flair for revenge/vindictiveness . Slowly, but surely...

24. Hot Ptah

Ah, two wedges between Kim and Jimmy appear. Kim feels guilty for making Chuck feel bad--which by the way a born trial attorney would never feel. Also with her Mesa Verde client she has a lot to lose and her days of barroom hustling are over--too risky, she has too much to lose. Meanwhile, Jimmy is just getting started at getting revenge against Chuck and making money as Slippin' Jimmy.

Chuck didn't count on awakening a sleeping monster by taking on Jimmy. He probably thinks his troubles from Jimmy are over.

Kyhl, Jimmy B., JFS3 and 1 other person like this.
  25. Hot Ptah

I am wondering if from a medical standpoint a person with Hextor's heart condition, taking the pills he takes, would end up mute in a wheelchair ringing a little bell, if he did not get his medication during a heart episode. Wouldn't he just die of a heart attack instead? Why would he suffer a debilitating stroke if he lacked his heart attack medication? Aren't heart attacks and strokes two very different medical problems? We need a physician to chime in here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.