Big Barrel Full of Monkees Thread (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Jun 23, 2014.

1. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

No, but I'd love to hear it. I'd also like to hear a clean "Man We Was Lonely." I heard Andrew Sandoval play it on his show once but he cuts into another song pretty quickly towards the end.

Hep Alien likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

3. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

It's on Just For The Record Volume 2.

AlmanacZinger and Hep Alien like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Hep Alien and MerseyBeatle like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

My favorite track from 'Just For The Record' is "Can't Believe You've Given Up On Me". Can't find a YouTube recording though.

Hep Alien likes this.
  6. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Cool. It's impossible to find those though.

Hep Alien and factory44 like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

It took me forever to find the complete boxed set on Ebay. That was a while back but I think I ended up paying $100 or $150. I thought they were on Bandcamp as downloads but don't see them there.

Maybe "Along Came Jones" Media will re-release it one day. They are working on a behind the scenes book and a video biography at the moment according to Zilch podcast.

I talked to Johnny Blair on FB and he talked of how proud Davy was of JustMe and that they were working on other things before his death but the girls have kinda shut him out. Sad cause he was a close friend.

Not to be disrespectful or rustle any feathers but someone responded to Andrew's Nez statement that was quite rude and accusatory and throwing in the complaint .. "had he toured with the Monkees 10 years ago" ...

Andrew replied appropriately and mentioned that he would not go into it but that Nesmith was on board to do the 2011 tour with the guy's but "they" declined.

This isn't the rumored planned 2012 Headquarters tour either. My guess is Davy refused to have him join. And if I remember right there was a somewhat-hushed abrupt end to that tour with The Monkees stating there was a misunderstanding btw mgt and tour dates and pay. Then later I read that Davy's wife was involved in finances and Davy and her were getting higher percentages of profits than the other two.

Still love the guys and always will but I'm sure there are a lot of stories we know nothing about that would be shocking. Best we don't know.

Andrew and Christian both made statements yesterday. Peter Tork's twitter page, that I'm not totally sure is ran 100% by him, had posted well wishes and a copy of the RS interview.

Micky only posted a link to the article. No statement.

Got front row tickets to the FNB show in Sept and got the meet and greet. Never met any of them so this meeting will mean so much more and be more endearing to me.

8. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

So the FNB shows are still a go?

EDIT: Just saw the post via Monkees.net. A small thing maybe but Ravi Shankar (and other friends I know) went through this ordeal also. Apparently switching to a veg diet greatly helps things after this type of thing.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Hep Alien likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I think this point gets skipped over and ignored a lot .. Michael blew the whistle and told the press they didn't play their own instruments for the foremost reason that the true very talented musicians he respected were not credited and The Monkees were (Give credit to where the credit is due) ...

Thoughts?

Hep Alien likes this.
  10. Good2BAnywhere

Good2BAnywhere Forum Resident

The boxed set is available as downloads somewhere, I found it by accident recently but I forget where. Some other Davy albums too.

Hep Alien likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Don't know if anyone else caught it or not but at ComicCon Q&A someone asked if his pre-monkees songs were ever going to be released such as "Well, Well". Nez said they are available on VR then his assistant yelled out "We're working on it". That'll be cool.

12. FredV

FredV Senior Member

AlmanacZinger, Hep Alien and Galley like this.
  13. FredV

FredV Senior Member

14. FredV

FredV Senior Member

15. FredV

FredV Senior Member

16. FredV

FredV Senior Member

17. FredV

FredV Senior Member

18. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

19. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Sadly, so do they Monkees. Have you looked in the mirror lately? :faint:

mrbobdobalina likes this.
  20. mrbobdobalina

mrbobdobalina Forum Resident

None of us are getting any younger.... I just noticed my skin is starting to look old the other day LOL!

21. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Are the extra vinyl singles that come with the super deluxe box sets available as mp3s? I'm looking for the one that came with More Of The Monkees (I'm A Believer/I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone) and the one that came with the Blu-Ray set (Star Collector/Goin' Down)?

Iceman08 likes this.
  22. FredV

FredV Senior Member

As of this writing, no.

23. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Brief 2013 interview with Tork. The performance at the end demonstrates that his range has actually increased with age.

Hep Alien likes this.
  24. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

FredV likes this.
  25. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Peter Tork goes skydiving!

Iceman08, Hep Alien and JuanTCB like this.