Big Brother 16 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

Is anyone watching? The first episode is June 25, but it's a 2 parter this year.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  2. rburly

3. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

*sigh*...yeah, we'll be watching again, I suppose. Hoping for a really good season this year. Thanks for starting the thread, rburly!

4. rburly

It had to happen, and I paid for the Live Feeds, so I figured "Why not?!" Plus I think either you or someone else has been doing a great job putting these up every year.

I posted the women's interviews with Jeff above, here are the men of BB this year: http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1002665/

It's all new people right now, but who knows, they may bring people back.

Also, If I have any spoilers, I'll post them using the "Spoiler" tag so people who don't want to know anything in advance don't have to read it. I think it's only good manners to not spoil upcoming episodes by posting something I see at home here. The people who want to read the spoilers will read them. I watched Jeff's interview with Alison Grodner and the other Executive Producer and she said "Simply knowing how the game is played won't help anyone this year." It sounds like there will be lots of twists this year.

5. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I'll be watching, but I really wish they would stop using Jeff Schroeder for all interviews having to do with Big Brother. He was nothing but a sore loser when he was in the house. I would go with someone who actually won to do all that stuff, not a "fan favorite"

6. rburly

The losing part still bothers him. When he was interviewing Hayden (also Survivor), Jeff's the one who kept mentioning how jealous he was that he was on twice and didn't win.

Also, I think this is Jeff's job. He and Jordan live in an apartment in LA now, still not married, and he does all the interviews and special BB events broadcasting. He's on the BB payroll and I think we will only see more of him as time passes. I agree, unfortunately. He seems to be a nice enough guy, but they couldn't find a pro to do the interviewing, etc?

7. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I think Hayden would've been a much better choice, but you're right, unfortunately Jeff is now the go-to guy for all things behind the scenes for BB.

8. rhubarb9999

rhubarb9999 Forum Resident

I will be watching it this year .. but it will be the same as previous years. They cast EXACTLY the same personality types every year. They even all look the same.

We also watch the English and Australian versions .. both are FAR superior to the US version. The best part is that the house puts up the nominees but the public votes.

9. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

I with ya again this year!

rburly likes this.
  10. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

rburly likes this.
  11. rburly

While there's spoiler information there, it doesn't say "who" wins the HoH comp, does it? I'm at work, and can't watch anything on YouTube, so maybe it is there and I just can't see it.

But, for those who don't want any spoilers, don't look if you want to "see it as it happens."

12. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

No, they didn't go that far, but it appears that tonight's show may be taped (as Wednesday shows usually are). We'll find out tonight...

13. rburly

Yeah, I read that. They said tonight's show and tomorrow's show were done over the weekend. A guy I work with watches this with his wife (I just found out recently). I explained to him that all the shows are edited to make a story and the only live show is Thursday, or when a person is voted out.

14. rburly

15. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Wow, they finally have new cameras.

16. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Well... the first half of the house is sure annoying, I don't have much hope for the 2nd half being any better. I about fell over when my wife made the comment tonight that at least they cast a different variety of characters this year o_O

She must have been thrown off by the ZZ Top beard and thought all the rest were originals too. It's like they cast off of the same photocopied checklist every year lately.

17. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I'm glad they'll be using multiple twists this season, it shouldn't be an easy task to win the $500K (IMO). Let's see how far the show will go this season without CBS using their disclaimer like last year :) Here is some info from the Big Brother 16 Wikipedia that will make things interesting:

On June 18, 2014, Julie Chen announced some twists on The Talk. One of which was that there would be two HoHs and four Nominees each week. Another twist was that the Heads of Household weren't safe due to another twist called "Battle of the Block" where the two HoHs would battle and the loser would be dethroned and would be eligible to be nominated post-Power of Veto.[9] Also, website The Hollywood Reporter interviewed house designer Scott Storey who revealed that the theme was "Urban Treehouse" saying: "This year’s theme is urban treehouse. A note from the network was that they wanted it to feel urban, young and playful and urban treehouse seemed like a perfect place to start".[10] The HouseGuests moved into the house on June 21, 2014.[11]

The Wikipedia site also has the name of the second HOH winner posted (because the show was taped this past Sunday).

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  18. rburly

^^^ Yeah, upstairs they have (maybe some of you saw it when the two were playing chess) but there's a functional Treehouse upstairs outside the HoH room. Needless to say, it's a lot bigger up there. On the live feed site they I could have looked at the whole place as Julie did a "tour of the new house", but I decided not to because the house has been pretty much the same for many years now.

The live feeds don't start until tonight at 10 pm because everything that was done last night and tonight was recorded over last weekend.

I like Donny (the oldest guy there - as did many people on the live chat). He seemed to most honest and likeable guy. The people in the live chat are deadly with their criticism of the HGs! Pao Pao ended up being Poo Poo. It should be an interesting season with all the different twists and the same old boring stuff. I'm looking forward to it.

So far we have the Crazy 8 alliance, the Double D alliance (Devin and Donny) and the El Quatro alliance (the 4 girls).

19. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

20. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

My wife and I watch every year.
    Glad they are adding more twists to impact the game.
    Not sure if any of you got a chance to watch Big Brother Canada earlier this year.
    Lots of twists that turned the house upside down and had serious impacts on
    the game.
    Viewers were secret HOH one week.
    Another week, they gave a houseguest a choice between taking five grand
    and letting everyone have a letter from home.
    Her choice was take the money or shred everyone's letters.
    What she didn't know is while is was making her choice, the other house guests were watching
    her.
    They were horrified when she shredded all the letters.
    Glen

21. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

this is my wife's and my summer guilty pleasure. The characters so far don't seem much different from years past.

22. rburly

23. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I'm in love with Nicole. It's those nerdy glasses and those eyes!

I'm liking the guy with the beard, but the chick from seattle lost me when she named Ginamarie as someone she likes.

I like this first bunch. But, you know the producers can't leave it alone because the next bunch will introduce a minister and a cop. They already have a liberal, and horny DJ, and a flamer in the house. And, one guy probably already has a target on his back for trying to be the leader.

I think this is gonna be good this year!

rburly likes this.
  24. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Well, the second group of 8 has a few people that will most likely be targets right away, Caleb and Zach, both are going in with the wrong attitude (IMO) right from the start, it seems they both want to take everyone out. The cop (Derrick) has the right attitude, but I think once people find out his true background, they will want him out. None of the women seem like strong players, I see a lot of in-fighting as this season progresses and a few floaters as well. I don't think Donny will go the distance, simply because he's having a hard time remembering everyone's name already! It's too early to make any real predictions on who might win this, I just hope it doesn't turn into another fiasco like last year with all the comments, etc.

25. rburly

Yeah, Zach was being a real douche at one point there. He definitely needs an attitude adjustment. Someone last night mentioned that he put a big target on his back when he was talking to Frankie.

I don't know how this will all play out, gamewise, but I like that they've mixed things up. It'll keep it from being a boring summer with the same old same old. I like Donny just because he seems down to earth, but I don't think he'll make it to the end either. There are just so many people right now, it's hard to pick someone to root for. Plus, nothing other than two competitions have happened so far. Also, since the live feeds didn't come on until 1 am this morning, I blew that off and will watch when I get home after work today. Anyone else with live feeds please speak up!

Grant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.