Big Brother 16 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Go, Donny!

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  2. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Love Donny, but unless he gets HOH, he's a goner. I hope he spills the beans about 'Team America' if Frankie or Derrick get HOH and nominate him (again!).

3. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Oh, I know. The "non-alliance" side of the house simply doesn't have the numbers anymore to do anything. Like you said, Donny would need to win HOH or POV for at least the next 3 or 4 weeks to even have a chance. IF the one coming back into the house could ally with Donny and share the HOH/POV wins, that could work. It's unfortunate that Zach will likely exit tonight, because if Donny, Zach, Victoria and Mystery Returning Houseguest had a chance to get on the same page this upcoming week, they might be able to whittle down the "alliance" side a couple notches, and shift the power.

I only see Caleb, Cody, and Christine as potential side-shifters. Surely they know they're the bottom of the heap in their alliance outside of Derrick and Frankie. They also know Derrick and Frankie are likely to win if any of them are sitting next to either one at the end. Now would be a good time to shake it all up and try to oust Frankie or Derrick ASAP.

But things will likely play out as expected with the evictions going Zach, Donny, Mystery Returning Houseguest, Christine, Cody, and Caleb, leaving Frankie, Derrick and Victoria standing at the end. I hope I'm wrong, though, and some good stuff happens the next couple weeks.

4. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

I think Frankie will be targeted for eviction, 4th in the order you present, simply because he is a good player who will have lost his usefulness to Derrick at that point. It's time for Derrick to assess each nomination and vote in terms of who he will end up next to in the final 2. No need to keep around someone who's played a good game when there are still several lesser houseguests available who pose little threat.

Now... I wonder who will make it back into the house, a player or a trouble-maker?

rburly and jriems like this.
  5. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Let's see...how many actual "players" are currently in the jury house? I've lost track of who all is in there.

6. Tom in Houston

The question you pose is too difficult to contemplate. We may have to wait for the jury house competition to be over. Then we can assess the winner for "player" characteristics/capabilities.

Nicole winning would make it interesting around here, and around the house.

Also, is it right to say "jury house competition"? Are those who were evicted pre-Jocosta eligible to compete?

7. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

Wasn't Nicole the first person to the jury? So, wouldn't it be her and Hayden and whoever is voted off tonight?

8. rburly

Tell me if anyone else see or has seen this. Does Zach look like Eddie Van Halen to you? :)

9. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

That was quite the game of luck. Glad to see Nicole beat out Jocasta to get back in the game. Now her and Donny need to step up to the plate and win an important HOH, or else they will both be on the block and one of them evicted.

JDeanB and Tom in Houston like this.
  10. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Ha, reminds me more of Paul Young.

11. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Winner of HOH :
    Cody... Looks like we're in for another week of same old, same old.

12. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Well, Grant, you gotta be happy with your girl back in the game!

13. rburly

Ugh! How did that happen?! Oh well... another throw-away week in the BB house IMO.

14. rburly

Cody nominated Donny and Nicole.

15. Tom in Houston

Folks, don't even click the spoiler bar above. Let's face it. You already know who was chosen for this round of nominations.

minerwerks likes this.
  16. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Sounds like they should have saved some ideas for the last few weeks of the "Summer of Surprises."

Tom in Houston and rburly like this.
  17. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

The returning houseguest "twist" is basically a waste of time now. Either Big Brother should remove it or make some changes to the twist to make it relevant to the game again.

18. rburly

They were talking last night about the returning HG always got immunity for the week they came back. That would have been smart this week given it's only really Nicole and Donny. Actually, it almost wouldn't have mattered anyway now that I think about it. But they should given Nicole immunity anyway.

They've gotta come up with something or their viewership will drop dramatically this week. I may not even waste my time watching the show. POV is today, so we'll see how that turns out.

19. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Oy. Where's the "yawn" emote? :o

20. F_C_FRANKLIN

The only thing that will make the rest of the season interesting, is when Caleb and Christine are voted out, and realize how stupid they were to go along with 'that side of the house'.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  21. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Or when Victoria is decimated when she doesn't win after making it to the final 2!

minerwerks and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  22. F_C_FRANKLIN

I figure at this point, I just don't want any lacky to win. Not that I'm a fan, but Derrick deserves the win, Frankie maybe. The rest of the pawns, like Cody, Victoria, Caleb, Christine do not deserve to win. Would be nice if somehow Donny or Nicole made it to the end, but the odds are too strongly stacked against them, now that one or the other will more that likely be leaving next week.

I still hope Donny calls out "Team America" if he's getting booted out, that *might* wake of a couple dopes in the house.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  23. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I still think the season would have been a lot more fun for me if they hadn't targeted Paola so early. She was fun to watch. Lot more fun than Frankie, Cody, Christine, even Nicole, in my opinion.

[​IMG]

zebop and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  24. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

I think the season was hampered by the fact that so many women were targeted and then exited. The Frankie "save" truly threw things off the rails. It's all kind of blah...

25. rburly

I think the above is a whole area that should certainly be discussed. There were too many women who wouldn't/couldn't play the game. Also, and this is significant to me, there were too many people, particularly women, who had never either seen the show or didn't know how to play it. They were scouted and brought into the game. I'm sure it happens in all reality shows, but this one isn't for passive players.

I'm sure they (CBS, BB, etc.) knew that having the sibling of a celebrity on the show would be good for business (followers, cash, etc.). But it threw off the game for everyone else causing someone who surely would have been voted out to be saved by disclosing his celebrity sibling. Is that fair to the other HG's? Not at all IMO. Had he not been Ariana Grande's brother (and I had no idea who she was until I asked my son, and even he didn't really know, but knew her name from the radio), Frankie would have been in the jury house right now.

applebonkerz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.