Big Brother 16 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

As far as Victoria and those wisdom teeth where she acted like she was shot, needed a medic yet was back on the show ok pretty quickly, how about the way Nurse Nicole acted?
    Victoria goes down and Nicole who is in the room did nothing. Nada. She says I'm a nurse but I don't deal with strangers. What? Is Victoria a stranger? What kind of nurse is she anyway?

2. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

What do you guys think of Christine and Cody hanging all over each other knowing Christine's married and Cody knows it?

3. JohnG

Probably just an innocent flirtatious showmance that won't go anywhere. It has kept Christine in the house despite having no real game.

4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

Christine creeps me out no matter what she does. Her laugh is just too much for me to listen to, so I stay away when she's on the live feeds. I loved watching Cody's family's response to your question. Something like, "Well, I hope it's just for the game" or something like that. For me, it would be one of those "deserted island" onlys.

5. rburly

I was watching Derrick, Cody and Caleb talking between 6:30 and 7 am this morning and if what they were saying materializes today during the POV ceremony, a lot of people will be surprised.

6. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

I think it's disrespectful, dishonorable, and sad.

7. rburly

Well, the Beast Mode ***** didn't come through. Caleb replaced Christine with Victoria. Derrick, Caleb and Cody were talking about putting Frankie up because no one would want to be up against Frankie at the end. Caleb wussed out.

8. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

I was hoping the fact that Amanda got booted around this time last year might have helped the current situation....

You know what I find incredibly odd and sad: The fact that Frankie clearly has issues with women and has a specific hatred of attractive ones, that's what's fueling his rage over Nicole. It's pitiable to me...

9. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I agree.

10. Lonson

I know it was inevitable, but I hated to see Donnie get the boot.

He's going to appear on "The Bold and the Beautiful." Too funny.

He gave up his job to be on the show. I bet he gets it back.

zebop likes this.
  11. rhubarb9999

rhubarb9999 Forum Resident

Wait till he finds out that naked pics of his sister were splattered all over the internet today. Grande indeed!

zebop and rburly like this.
  12. rburly

Breaking Down How Frankie Grande Became the Most Hated 'Big Brother' Contestant

Last month, against our better judgment, we told you about Ariana Grande's brother, Big Brother season 16 contestant Frankie Grande, and his dramatic-in-his-own-head reveal of his own microcelebrity. Since then, Frankie has revealed himself to be a little bit self-obsessed and a lot bit deluded.
    In other words: he's revealed himself to be a YouTuber with a famous sister.

The pitchforks have been out for Frankie among those who watch Big Brother's infamous 24/7 live feeds, who have seen a fuller picture of the guy than has been shown on TV. However, in the past few live episodes, Frankie's revealed more of what viewers – like the one who put the above video together – have seen for weeks. Things on the live feeds have been even worse.
    Though Frankie isn't to our taste, we don't know him, and we can't judge him as a person based on his behavior on a reality TV competition. We can, however, chart exactly how he fell from grace as a member of viewers' chosen Team America into glaring into a camera and saying he doesn't care about them.
    The Destruction of 'Zankie'
    The primary reason why viewers are furious with Frankie is because he instigated the removal of his fellow housemate Zach. While still in the house together, Zach and Frankie had an intense bromance that involved Zach insisting (and often) that they'd be together if he was gay. It snowballed and became an Internet fascination.

Unfortunately for Zankie fans, Frankie chose to backdoor Zach – put him up for elimination as a replacement for a nominee with veto power – thus getting him evicted and breaking up the bromance. This didn't go over well with viewers, nor did it please his sister Ariana:

The issue here is that Frankie backdooring Zach was actually a strong — or at least defensible — gameplay move. On the whole, Frankie's been playing a good game: unemotional, social, quick-witted. While fans may not like seeing their favorite non-couple split up, there's nothing wrong here from a Big Brother perspective.

But there are plenty of other, valid reasons not to like Frankie.

Word Vomit
    On a couple of different occasions, Frankie has said things that one might generously describe as "monstrous."
    As seen on on the live feeds, Frankie – a gay man – insisted that being a lesbian was a choice. "Women who have been with man after man after man after man choose to become a lesbian later in life," he told his fellow houseguests. "Gay men, it doesn't work so much that way."

Most recently, he made rape jokes at the expense of a female contestant, Victoria, behind her back. Her family got wind of this and have asked both Frankie and Ariana to apologize.

Now, even if you were being unnecessarily generous, you could chalk all this up to just word vomit on Frankie's part. He's tired, in a weird environment, spouting nonsense. That still doesn't make any of it okay.

Hiding in Drag
    Last week, as part of Team America, Frankie and his teammates had to come up with their own mission and execute it. Viewers would then decide whether they passed or failed. Team America member Donny – who is beloved by viewers – was on the block for elimination last week, and thought saving himself would make for a good mission. Frankie instead decided to put on a play – in which he dressed up as eliminated female contestant Joey.

CBS
    After they failed the mission, Frankie blamed the whole thing on America not being comfortable with a man in drag, which is a bafflingly bad defense. He got angry with viewers, directly addressing the camera and saying he didn't care about them. His fellow Team America member, Derrick, even distanced himself from Frankie in a confessional. Additionally, Frankie started talking in his own confessionals about what "dead weight" Donny was and how it was the right call not to save him.

Of course Frankie should have realized saving the America-beloved Donny would have been far better mission than putting on a play. Sure, he opted against it because Donny was a threat to win the entire game, and that makes sense. But why on earth did he think people wanted to see him in a play? It all comes down to delusion.

A Deluded "Social Media Mogul"
    There's just too much evidence at this point that Frankie is self-deluded to ignore. You can watch the video up top for a ton of them, but here are some highlights:
    • Telling fellow houseguest Nicole that he considers the others "normal people" that he never gets to hang out with in his life
    • Insisting that if he were eliminated, "no one would watch" Big Brother
    • Worrying about having "a name to uphold
    That last one is particularly hilarious. Who does Frankie Grande think his family is, the Rockefellers? The Boca Raton Missileboob Grandes aren't exactly this grand dynasty that must be protected – and even that isn't his concern. At no point has he said "I'm the brother of an up-and-coming pop star, and if I act a fool on this show, her brand could be damaged." If he did, that would almost be respectable. No, the Boca Raton Missileboob Grande name wouldn't be any more precious, but it'd be a nice gesture.

Instead, he seems solely dedicated to keeping up his own image. Remember that he is a self-declared "social media mogul" and "TV star." He's on a TV show – watched by millions of viewers – where he's told rape jokes about one of his housemates, stated that he thinks being a lesbian is a choice, and gotten mad directly and aggressively with viewers.
    With all he's done to anger the Big Brother audience, Frankie should realize that his name's ship has sailed.

http://news.yahoo.com/breaking-down-frankie-grande-became-most-hated-big-180400006.html

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  13. JohnG

Now that Donny is gone, I could care less about the morons left. Frankie is an ass and really needs to go ASAP. This is the part of the season where the show becomes less interesting and all you can watch is how the alliance will screw each other.

I do want whiny Nicole to go soon, she is so not a player.

And that holla crap is real old now.

jriems and rburly like this.
  14. Lonson

Only about three thousand more "hollas" to go!

I'm with you John, I'll probably watch to the end but the gusto left with Donny.

jriems and zebop like this.
  15. rburly

The snoozer week over. After Nicole goes home, the game is on again.

I feel much like John does as well, I really enjoyed Donny play the game, and he'll be my fan favorite when we vote for that. I rarely watch the live feeds now. I turn it on and Nicole is still there, but it's like watching rats deciding on what parts of the food they're going to get.

Caleb went the easy route instead of "being that guy" (like Cody) and making the big move that would get him the farthest in the game. I'm at that point in the season when watching on TV is the best way to go, even if I don't watch it. In years past I've just watched the last show to see who takes home the money. That may be my route dpending on the second eviction tonight.

16. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

I guess the theme of last night's show was "Derrick as puppetmaster." I was amused by the segment where he broke down exactly how he would manipulate Caleb away from Frankie. And then the show ends with Caleb doing exactly what Derrick wants him to do. I didn't quite see how Derrick figured Nicole was the bigger threat than Frankie, though.

And following on the heels of the Yahoo/Wire article above, Frankie seems to be coming unhinged. That blowup about not being picked for veto competition was ridiculous.

Maybe CBS stopped caring too. When I watched the episode streaming from CBS last night at about 1 am eastern, they ran an advertisement for the two-week old Zingbot episode.

17. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

It was interesting to see Derrick's thought process in the DR in last nights show, and how he is using Caleb and Cody (to a smaller extent Victoria) as easily as he is now. I imagine after Nicole is gone, the odds are still in his favor to stay, no matter who becomes HOH. Even if Christine or Frankie nominate Derrick along with another house guest, he's more than likely staying another week or 2 no matter what.

18. rburly

What's interesting is what really happened. Remember, when the houseguests are called into the DR, they're asked to do the things that you saw last night. Nicole isn't a bigger threat than Frankie. If Frankie is up against anyone except maybe Derrick (and I'd like to see that as the final two), Frankie beats anyone. But again, what they didn't show (because it wouldn't fit, was Cody and Derrick talking to Caleb about Frankie would be the best person to put up with Nicole, and they "would have the rest of the week to decide." So, both Cody and now Caleb have given Frankie another life.

Frankie is so paranoid now. Anytime he sees two or more people talking and he's not included, he thinks they're talking about getting him out of the game. He's right most of the time, but he's very paranoid. Also, I think he'll be very surprised when he sees what's been said and written about him while he's been in the house.

Also, I know it was only briefly mentioned in the Yahoo!/Wire article, but there are a LOT of people who hate him because of his comments about raping (double-teaming) Victoria and taking her virginity away from her. It was sickening to watch.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  19. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

First eviction was easy to predict. The second eviction should end up being Christine (I am making a prediction before show is over, so no spoiler)

rburly likes this.
  20. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

This week will be interesting with the new twist (Derrick saying to everyone "Don't Touch it" regarding the object), however if things remain the same, Victoria will be next. And then, of course, Big Brother "Legends" Jeff and Jordan will make an appearance on Sunday's show for whatever reason.

21. rburly

[/SPOILER]
    Yeah, the boys got their Final 4 +1.

Frankie wins again, saves ass.

What was interesting to me was that they heard those loud "Boos!" when Christine sprinted out last night. Frankie's take on it was, "Well, we must have made the right decision. She must have been saying things about people that the live feed people didn't like." They talked about that for a while, but Caleb was fascinated with the button and everybody at first were saying "Don't do it. You don't know what it can do." Caleb stopped and joined "the boyz" for the discussion about how bad Christine must have been in her DR sessions. They didn't get the married and fooling around with Cody part. Cody was worried, especially at the beginning. He thought he might have the same welcome when he leaves. "I guess I'll find out when I walk out there."

Derrick finally quit sandbagging comps for the second eviction. I was actually hoping he'd send Frankie out, but again they allow him to get closer to the half mil. This will probably be another snoozer week, but we'll see.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  22. minerwerks

I think I followed what you were saying, but there was a closing parenthesis missing, so I wasn't completely sure. But it sounds like you're saying the clip that was edited together with Derrick's DR was from earlier in the week, so it was manipulated to make the audience think Derrick was trying to change things up rather than leaving Caleb's failure to put up Frankie with no explanation at all (other than the obvious - he just decided not to).

I suppose I shouldn't have been, but I was surprised when Christine was booed so vehemently when she walked out.

23. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I think she was also booed because she didn't say goodbye to any of the houseguests upon exiting the house...

24. minerwerks

I guess that was just another sign that Christine was really just playing for herself. I know she admitted as much on the air, however I get the impression other people playing the game would have formed some bonds with the other houseguests that transcended the game, if even a little bit.

Grant pegged a few of the players as potentially having Asperger's earlier in the season, maybe Christine would fit that profile as well?

zebop likes this.
  25. Lonson

Nah I don't think so. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.