Big Brother 17 (U.S.)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

She finally woke up and joined the game a couple weeks ago. She's really been putting herself out there being a snitch to the people who are saving her behind. My "like" of her has been waning in recent days.

2. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Just some thoughts on the current spoilers...
    I hope James is able to shut out the noise and just keep the noms the same. Make everyone else choose between Shelli and Clay.

Putting them both up together was the perfect move. It sent everyone in the Sixth Sense scurrying. Shelli got too freaked out and camped with Clay instead of trying to keep the alliance together. Seriously, having an alliance shouldn't just be for all the times you can dominate, there should be plans if you have setback. They could have done some immediate damage control and strengthened the alliance for next week. Five people plus maybe Becky could still have some control on votes.

zebop, Tom in Houston and Grant like this.
  3. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Finally someone make a power move, hopefully the nominations will remain and one of those two goes home!

Grant likes this.
  4. rburly

I honestly hope James goes ahead and puts up one of the twins. There was so much "Oh isn't Clay such a wonderful man?!" after telling everyone to vote him out to keep Shelli. Shelli is the brains of that comba and if she stays she's trouble if you're rooting for the good people, IMO only! If Clay stays, he can easily be looked at as an easy target at some point. No one would have blood on their hands with a fast Clay eviction. Something else to think about. This is supposed to be a double eviction week. So watch the fast thinking when it happens Thursday. Actually, I learned it from the BB scholars of this group and they're all aware of it. If I was in the show, I'd be thinking strategically right now so it's an easier call when it happens.

minerwerks and Grant like this.
  5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

Now the question: assuming the choices remain the same, which one should go? I say Shelli goes. It seems to me that Clay pretty much goes along with what she says, and is probably less likely to seek revenge. The house just has to be convinced that breaking those two up is best for their game.

If all goes as planned, the next obvious power couple target will be the twins. I just hope James' alliance realizes that Becky is a mole, and deals with her. And, James needs to quit telling everyone his plans.

minerwerks and Tom in Houston like this.
  6. Grant

And, that possible replacement should be Liz. She's just too close to Austin (or faking it). Julia hates him, so she will be somewhat preoccupied with getting rid of him instead of one of James' allies.

minerwerks, Tom in Houston and rburly like this.
  7. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

There needs to be a name for the type of prematurely formed, dysfunctional alliance that the Sixth Sense has shown itself to be. The people in it don't even like each other, and all are willing to sacrifice any other member with an "Oh well, I'm safe. Now what about next week." attitude.

Vanessa was shocked to see that Shelli didn't mention Vanessa when Shelli was deal making, hanging off the wall in competition. And later when Vanessa went to see a now nominated Clelli, she once again was shocked to discover that Shelli spoke of no one but herself. What Vanessa didn't realize was that she was looking into a mirror, at least in terms of attitude. Vanessa speaks of nothing but what's best for "my game". ...and she does this out loud, not just in Diary Room asides It's as if she doesn't understand that it's offensive/off-putting to her own alliance members.

They (the other side) need to get rid of Liz next. Then the remaining Sixth Sense members won't be able to stand being in the same room with each other. Liz is the only thing holding the twins powerblock together.

Come on Steve.

rburly likes this.
  8. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I didn't know this was a double eviction week, get rid of both of 'em!

Grant likes this.
  9. Tom in Houston

It isn't yet, officially.

Grant likes this.
  10. rburly

It's really funny how this game is played. The BB superfans know exactly when something is supposed to happen. They have "called" the type of game that is suppsed to be played and they have nailed every one that I've seen. So, they practice for what the comps traditionally have been in the past.

11. rburly

I agree. I haven't seen a true alliance this year that I can recall. At this point everyone is in it for themselves, and as Tom points out, Vanessa makes no bones about the fact that she's doing what's best for "her game." All someone has to say to her is "I'm doing this for my game," and she's on board. An alliance should be moving the group toward the finals. These people say that for one week, then throw everyone else "under the bus." (I hate these terms as well, but it's all you hear in this game, quite frankly! See what I did there?! Vanessa would be proud of me, quite frankly)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Grant likes this.
  12. Grant

An interesting thing i've noticed is that no one has made any secret alliances this year.

I call this the year of the anti-alliance. If BB is a microcosm of the rest of the country, we're all screwed!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Tom in Houston and rburly like this.
  13. rburly

Well, the ceremony was done and James decided to keep the nominations the same. There's a chance that people will vote Shelli out, but possibly not. We'll see how the week progresses. I seriously thought he would put someone else up against Shelli. Someone who would make it easier to for everyone to vote Shelli out. We'll see what happens this week.

Grant and Tom in Houston like this.
  14. Tom in Houston

I think James needs to keep the nominations the same. It guarantees the break up of something stronger than an alliance, a showmance. That's more than just an extra vote you can count on. They work together through all the facets of the game.

They have to be broken up.

This one now. The twins next.

15. minerwerks

Hmmm... for everyone who says they are a straight shooter, I kind of like the fact that James is willing to put it out there.

I was getting the impression that this coming Thursday would be normal and then the next Thursday was going to be a double eviction.

Absolutely. Everyone keeps getting hung up on the idea of making alliances and doesn't seem to think what they are for. But I suppose that's part of the evolution of the game - as the players get to know the patterns and the tropes, they adapt the strategies. For instance, I was reading a discussion about how everything is a "backdoor" now because of Battle of the Block, and that used to be an occasional tactic. And alliances are now as much a manipulation tactic as a strategic maneuver. It will be up to the series' producers to break those patterns.

I certainly wouldn't get into an alliance until I had a really good handle on my partners in the game. And as I noted before, I would hope the alliance could stick together and work through one setback rather than falling apart and turning mercenary.

16. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

I don't like "Clelli"...it seems that everything they say just digs them deeper and alienates them further from their allies. They've already thrown Vanessa under a couple of times and they really seem to not be focussed on an alliance but rather running the game themselves. And them continuing to claim they had nothing to do with getting Jason out is going to seal their fate. Their stupidity is saving Vanessa right now. And on a side note, it was just plain naïve for Shelli to think that James stood behind the deal they made. Of course he's going to agree with it if that's all he needs to win the competition! Did she not understand that people don't stand by their word in Big Brother, despite being one of those people?

I'm currently for the "other" side of the house (James, Meg, etc...) and Vanessa. If she were on their side it'd be perfect.

Grant, Tom in Houston and minerwerks like this.
  17. minerwerks

Watching Shelli do her swordfight punishment from the POV comp, I was super impressed that jumped in with a great attitude and had fun with it.

rburly likes this.
  18. Grant

Definately. The wins are worse because they are family. Problem is, the twins already have two automatic votes: each other, and Austin. He doesn't want to piss either one of them off. And, the twins are strong players.

19. rburly

I'll add this Grant: They know what they're doing too. ;)

20. Tom in Houston

How about that Meg! Getcha some Clay, baby. His first beatch isn't even cold, and Meg's offering her consolation up-close, warm, wet, and personal.

Watch for Clay to utter a barely concealed "yes" under his breath when Shelli is voted out. He knows it'll just be getting younger in his bed-ventures around the house.

And wasn't Shelli chilling from start to finish of this program. Cold self interest radiated from her witch's eyes. She and Vanessa just couldn't stop engaging in "no feel sorry for me" contests every time they were in the same room.

And I must have missed it in James' biography when we were told that he had spent 3 years in prison. But he brought it up so casually tonight, it must already be common knowledge.

Grant likes this.
  21. Grant

I can't wait until Shelli sees the videos of the past shows.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  22. Tom in Houston

So Clay says that Meg goes with all the boys ...and he's going to look her up after the competition too.

Bad vote this week by the houseguests. Someone will regret not voting Shelli out when they had the chance.. Of course James made it easy for the females to vote against his "woman scorned" statement. But then the dudes voted Clay out too, so they must have talked among themselves while that tired look at last year's winners tape rolled. yawn

How can Meg live in NYC and not be good walking on slippery surfaces? Dentist John (from Minneapolis) looks like an Olympian on that surface.

Wait the lion-killer dentist is from Minneapolis. Is that true of John?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    rburly likes this.
  23. rburly

The Beckster (Becky) has won the HOH. What will this mean for everyone else and who will she put up?! Stay tuned...

Tom in Houston likes this.
  24. rburly

Clay is going to get some blow back from that statement, huh?! Wow, I couldn't believe he said that.

I tell ya, I have no idea how that happened last night. Everyone was ready to push Sjelli out the door. Then about 6 pm our time (EDT), there was a big situation and a lot of drama between Vanessa and Shelli. At one point Shelli asked Vanessa if she was going to be voted out. Vanessa nonchalantly said "Yes" and Shelli countered with "I can't believe you just said that. Wow." Anyway, there was something going on with Clay and JMac and I personally think it was a setup so people would vote out Clay. I think we'll find out more about the whole thing from last night Sunday, so we'll see. I jus couldn't believe that Shelli is still in the game. She and Vanessa are going to lock horns sometime... probably soon.

Grant and Tom in Houston like this.
  25. rhubarb9999

rhubarb9999 Forum Resident

James was a prison guard for 3 years.

Grant and rburly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.