Big Brother 17 (U.S.)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

I hope she backdoors Liz instead. I still want to see Austin and Julia blow up without Liz there to referee. Vanessa could easily accomplish that, whispering in both their ears, separately of course. It doesn't have to be the truth.

2. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

It's still anyone's game at this point, although Meg is looking more and more like this season's Jordan...

3. Tom in Houston

These are the people I want to win, in top to bottom order:
    Steve
    Johnny Mac
    James
    Meg

Notice there is no mention of a twin or the big lummox that protects them. I hope this twin thing will be banned in future seasons for dulling-down the game.

This is the person I think will win, much to my dismay:
    Vanessa

Maybe next season the producers could try bounties. If an HoH takes out (gets evicted through nomination or backdooring) the consensus most dangerous or most deserving houseguest in the producer's minds or by America's vote, they receive a $5,000 blood-bonus. No info/hints as to who the producer's target is, until the eviction is final, or maybe even until the final show.

It's just an idea. Too many have shied away from their opportunities this season

Grant and minerwerks like this.
  4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I agree that they've gotten away from "taking out the biggest threat" concept in favor of the "not getting any blood on my hands" concept. They started out going after personalities they didn't like, then moved away from "biggest target" players. It's not a good trend for the show.

minerwerks and Tom in Houston like this.
  5. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

It's still inconceivable to me that people like Steve, John, etc. are shown saying things like "she is good" about Vanessa yet leave her be. John says Meg would be his main target if he got back in the house, but leaves the 3-person Austwins voting block alone. They deserve to lose with such misguided and ridiculous thinking like that.

6. rburly

Vanessa just nominated James and Meg.

7. Tom in Houston

It had to happen someday.

8. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

This is what I suspected. Perhaps one can hope for a shocking back door.

Grant and Tom in Houston like this.
  9. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Smart plan, get the most dangerous players out before it's too late! ;)

10. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Forum Resident

I haven't watched it since it was off Showtime, where it had a weird train wreck kind of fascination to it

11. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

The moment where Steve knocked on the door to the hammock room and asked, "Is there anything I can do, or should I leave you alone?" got to me. I've seen Steve do something similar in a number of situations and I will often do something similar. To see the editors underscore that small moment with some of their "silly" music got me a little angry because it seems like making fun of the guy who doesn't know any better socially. Not going to deny I could be projecting a bit of my own insecurities onto this, but either way, it still makes my heart ache for any moment Steve gets dismissed or mocked for being the only Steve he knows how to be.

12. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

My favorites are the same, except I would swap Steve and James in my list. :cool:

Agreed on your other points, re: Austwins and Vanessa possibly winning.

I brought up Vanessa's behavior here before, and I know others don't quite agree with me, but it never felt to me like she was playing a strategy game, she just affects people by being overly emotional. To oversimplify, I feel like Vanessa's success has been a combination of blind luck and protecting herself the way a snitch might when caught. The self-serving backpedaling doesn't seem so blatant when you put it next to her other outbursts and witch hunts.

Wait, I think I just talked myself into believing she created this as strategy. Damn. I still say it's a rotten way to play the game.

Awesome! Love it.

rburly and Tom in Houston like this.
  13. rburly

Jamessss-uh won the POV!

14. Tom in Houston

It will be very interesting to see who goes up on the block to replace the PoV winner. Will we have to wait to Wed. to see that?

Grant and rburly like this.
  15. rburly

The POV meeting is Monday, so we'll know tomorrow. As of last night she still didn't know. She thinks "it's the worst possible scenario. I'm literally (screwed) no matter what I do."

16. Tom in Houston

It is after all, all about her.

I'd like to see the Twins & Co., abandon her to spend the lonely days between now and eviction, alone in the HoH bedroom. Exiting, telling her she's right, it is the worst time ever to be HoH and they can't be seen around her and all that blood-letting negativism.

17. rburly

Vanessa has told "the twins" that she's going to put Julia, and she guaranteed that she wouldn't be evicted.

18. Tom in Houston

Good. How refreshing would it be to have both of them gone at the end of Thursday.

19. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

It would be, but not likely with the twisted thinking going on with Steve and John.
    :magoo:

Grant, rburly and Tom in Houston like this.
  20. rburly

James took himself off the block and Vanessa went ahead and put Julia up. We'll see Meg walking out the door Thursday, unless she or James pull off a miracle.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  21. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Great opportunity to get Julia out !!
    Break up the twins and the Austin/Julia romance.
    James, Johnny Mac, Steve should do it.
    Glen

rburly likes this.
  22. Tom in Houston

Let's pray that Johnny Mac and Steve come to their senses and realize that this is their last best opportunity to add James and go 3 against 2 on this vote. According to applebonkerz, these 2 knuckleheads will just keep drinking the twin-co Kool-Aid, thanking them for the poison.
    Oh please no.

Maybe the HoH herself will sell them on tearing up the only meaningful voting block left, while there still is time. This time she really does have the power, having solidified her alliance with both of these guys.

Grant, gkella and rburly like this.
  23. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

Meg & Julia are on the block.

James, Meg, Jmac, & Steve need to team up and send Julia to jury.

Vanessa can't compete in the next HOH.

James, Meg, Jmac, & Steve compete for HOH against Austin & Liz.

Odds are strongly in favor of James, Meg, Jmac, or Steve winning the bottom half of DE.

Nominate Vanessa & Austin for eviction.

Hopefully neither (nor Liz) will win POV. Send Vanessa to jury.

If either Austin or Vanessa win, send Liz up as replacement (pawn).

By the end of Thursday night, you could have a 4 to 2 contest with either

Vanessa and Liz (or Austin & Liz) against James, Meg, Jmac, & Steve.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  24. rburly

Have you read any of the Spoilers? Some of the information you posted is already there. Plus, some Forum members don't want to read spoilers, they prefer to just watch the show. Also, we've agreed to use the spoiler tags so that members who prefer to watch the show and talk about it here don't have to read what's going to happen on the show before they watch it. Do you have the live feeds?

25. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

The second post above mine makes it pretty clear who is currently on the block.

I can no longer edit my post, and you've quoted it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.