Big Brother 17 (U.S.)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

DOUBLE ELIMINATION, TIME FOR AT LEAST ONE OF THE TWINS TO GO!

Tom in Houston and rburly like this.
  2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

It's certainly an idea, but the producers need to change this show up after 17 years. The way things are done is too predictable. It's a complete bore. It's like they want to do little things, but not change the basic structure. Hell, they change it up in other countries bigtime. They even send people back into the house on a whim, and have double evictions on a whim. They don't tell the houseguests what will happen beforehand.

I know it goes against the American psyche, but what in the hell has happened to the "Big Brother" concept? "Big Brother" is supposed to do anything "Big Brother" wants to do. That's the problem with the show. Same sh1t every year! You don't even have to keep up to know how things go. And, this year, the boring people in there doesn't help the situation. I know the network and the producers want to avoid violent and provocative people, but do something!!!!!!!

Maybe next year they will have half the house men, and the other half women, and keep them totally separate without one half knowing who is in the other half, until a certain point in the game, then blend them together. Or, evict two people each week, and send one to the other half of the house, and the other goes home. The idea is to keep conflicts going, and to make it harder to get to the end.

Here's another idea: instead of the last few people going to the jury house, make the first few go to the jury house, and the last ones go home.

Yeah, WTF, right? They are more concerned with who will protect them. Can these brain defects not see that those powerful blocks prevent them from getting to the end? Vanessa may be seeing the light now, but is it too late? How in the world do these people think they can win when you have Austin and the twins blocking their path? And, she was worried about James and meg! Geez!

At this point, I don't know if i'd ever want Johnny Mac working on my teeth, or Steve engineering my album!

You mean the Austin and Liz romance.

Key word: should. But, will they get smart and do it?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  3. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Someone may have mentioned this above, but one of the main problems is that the strategy seems to be "getting as little blood on one's hands as possible." That is the recipe for a boring television show.

4. Grant

And, that strategy isn't even working. Everyone knows who is responsible for what.

5. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

You should have broken these out as separate ideas, so I could "like" them individually. Maybe the producers are watching and will hire you to supervise the shake up for next summer.

We'll start a text or twitter chant - "The fans demand Grant!"

6. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

I really like Grant's ideas as well, especially this one: "Instead of the last few people going to the jury house, make the first few go to the jury house, and the last ones go home."

Grant likes this.
  7. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

But then those voting only have early experiences to go by, doesn't make sense to me.

Personally I don't see the problem with the setup as it is except for the casting. Forget these "superfans." Bring in a more diverse lot age-wise and experience-wise. I think that would make it more interesting personally, and probably result in differing behavior and actions.

rburly likes this.
  8. Grant

True, but, not only will they be more impartial, but it would make the players near the end plan their moves more carefully, and play more fiercely. make it cut-throat. See, if the last few people know they may go to the jury house, they can stack the deck, or work the jury in their favor. Also, if they decide to allow a juror to get back in the house, it would be a great way for a person who lost their chance too early in the game to get back in. Imagine that surfer, or DaVonne getting back in this one instead of someone like Johnny mac, who has always been in there?

The underlying purpose of my idea is that those houseguests need more uncertainty in their game. Some people form alliances and get too comfortable, and that also makes for boring TV. Well, maybe Americans don't like change, and like predictability.

That may bring in an older audience, but I think it really would make for boring TV. Think way back to that first show. Many of the houseguests were older and less competitive. There was less conflict and too much empathy. They all banded together when things got tough. That's one of the reasons they gave them all luxuries instead of having to raise and grow their own food, and wash their clothes by hand, so they wouldn't bond so much.

In other countries, they don't give them any privacy in the bathroom, but we do it here, or, we allow them to cover it all up. Americans don't like being vulnerable, but that is what makes the U.S. version so boring and predictable.

In other countries, we see tempers flare. We see bad fights with insults hurled. Americans don't like that. How boring.

We all say that we like the pleasant and nice people, especially the women, and we want the good people to win, but I want to see some real a$$holes next time. I want to see people make some real enemies. Pleasantry makes for boring TV. "Oh, he's so lovable!" "She's so cute and sweet". Ewwww! Let's have some pervs and trash-talkers. Let's see someone give the censors some overtime. Let's see some more people who hate gays, Blacks, and women. Make the whole season full of just one of those groups.

It seems that around this time of the show, we always have these same discussions, too. Too bad the show's producers don't read this thread. Maybe they would take a hint.

9. Tom in Houston

He's just getting started. It's the brainstorm period when all ideas are tossed around. You must have understood - you contributed an idea of your own, casting practices must change. In fact casting would need a major sub-committee all its own to straighten it out. (Proposed: No twins ever again)

Grant and rburly like this.
  10. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

This season feels like a badly scripted "fake" reality show.

rburly and Grant like this.
  11. Grant

Or any family members. They played that one several times in the past with the father and daughter. If they do it again, maybe they can get a couple who were recently acrimoniously divorced, or in the process of getting one, to make it more interesting. Throw in some slobs and germaphobes...something to make them mix it up. Everyone gets too nicey-nicey in there. Even enemies are too civil to each other. Booorrrinnng!!!

Tom in Houston and rburly like this.
  12. Lonson

Well, I think differently than you do, not sure I'd watch the show you seem to want to see. That's cool. I think the current format just needs tweaking; a radically different show. . . would/should be a new one. Just my view, I don't want as jarring and brutal a show as you seem to want.

rburly likes this.
  13. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

14. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

You guy should check out BB Canada.
    It is far better.
    They do all kinds of things to keep the house shook up.
    Triple Evictions, Secret Powers which allow a houseguest to remove the nominees and select their own.
    Weeks where the viewers have the power of HOH.
    Enjoy it so much more than BB U.S.
    These house guests are so bad this year.
    But my wife and I have never missed a season and keep watching.
    Glen

minerwerks and rburly like this.
  15. Tom in Houston

Steve and Johnny Mac don't deserve to continue, not after tonight's discarded opportunity. To pass lamely on your last chance and vote to toe the line for an alliance that can only fall apart from here on out, is disgraceful. Wasn't it sad when Steve said "So, final six..." as if there was something to celebrate (like final 5, final 3, or final 2). No one else cheered. He should have realized he had lost at that point.

The only thing that could possibly be worth watching in the rest of this season would be the destruction of Vanessa. But I don't think Austwins can pull it off.

minerwerks, rburly and applebonkerz like this.
  16. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Two fools who just gave the game away to everyone but themselves. It was their last chance, and they once again choked and blew it. Vanessa seems to have them all believing that the whole jury hates her and she wouldn't get the votes to win--that's the only possible way that anyone would actually want to be final two with her... and what folly that would be. But hopefully she will take out those annoying twins before they get half a brain between them to get her first.

I've watched every season, and there has never before been a time that I've hated everyone remaining with still six people left. This is finally the year.

minerwerks, zebop, rburly and 2 others like this.
  17. Grant

This season has to have the stupidest bunch of players in history! Hardly anyone is thinking of the end game. They keep protecting the same four people standing in their way.

18. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

Ditto.

zebop and Grant like this.
  19. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Not a Vanessa fan at all, however at this point I would much rather her make it to final 2 over any of the Austwins. At least she's really playing the game. That said, I don't count JMac out at all...for now, since I can see him going after any of the Austwins if he gets HOH (and that is a big IF).

rburly likes this.
  20. Lonson

Yeah, Vanessa would like that, then "no blood" on her hands. Sigh. I agree, I'm super annoyed with Vanessa's tactics, especially the "poor me" ones, but she's the only one really playing tightly and it's sad that in many ways she deserves to win.

Grant, F_C_FRANKLIN and rburly like this.
  21. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

If Vanessa gets evicted the week before the final, she may just lose it altogether...

F_C_FRANKLIN and rburly like this.
  22. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Steve... go figure.

Grant and Tom in Houston like this.
  23. Tom in Houston

I wonder what Vanessa will do with this opportunity to draw blood, but through a puppet.

Grant, rburly and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  24. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

That HOH is a wildcard, kinda a tame wildcard. That person has made poor decisions to play it too safe. But that person is still in the game, winning when they need to, so what do I know :) ?

rburly and Tom in Houston like this.
  25. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

He told Johnny mac this morning that Vanessa is his target, as it should be. We'll see if he has the cajones to go through with it.

F_C_FRANKLIN and Tom in Houston like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.