Big Brother 17 (U.S.)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

I'd like to see Vanessa and Liz nominated for expulsion. Let the house decide which is the greater danger. Maybe the 6th Sense could be fractured into the Twin Camp, and the Clay/Shelli Contingent. Probably not though. 6th Sense would probably give Vanessa up in a quick and early decision among them.

Ms. Chen could arrange for Austin to vote last, just in case the vote is close. Then we would see whether he wants to send off his lost ally or his chunk of twin heaven. It's too early for Liz to wait for him in the Jury House, right?

Grant likes this.
  2. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

I saw that differently. James is constantly firing off quips, making jokes and pulling pranks. So coming back to Vanessa in the HOH was like a comedian's callback; James gave some distance from his original comment when everyone was in the room, then just stops in and randomly mentions it again, hoping for a chuckle.

Hmmm. What would you constitute as "bringing him in"? He's been feeding a lot of info to Shelli and Vanessa in the last week. He seemed fairly chummy with them. I think a hurdle with Steve is that he was relaying info to Audrey when everyone was on the outs with her. I bet there's a nagging feeling that he'll be the biggest mercenary at the end of the day.

rburly likes this.
  3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

I think it's a little bit of both. he thought her mom was hot, and he was going for the laugh. I think it was ultimately forgotten by everyone else, even though he mentioned it one or two more times after that.

Sure, he plays the game, but there's a certain social or emotional distance. It's hard for me to articulate it, but it's there.

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

Those twins are not nice people. I don't like that. I just never got good vibes from either of them. but, as far as the game is concerned, they would sell out anyone in their so-called alliance to get ahead, and not look back.

In fact, there are a few people in there that I don't like as people, and a couple of them have left, but the twins top my list.

5. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

This isn't final, but I had to put it up just in case it's true. It has to do with the nominations, and hasn't happened just yet. So don't read it unless you want to read informed speculation at this point.

They're having the nominations right now. From someone who has been watching it all day, I was told that James will be nominating Shelli and Clay. James' stock will go sky high if he follows through with this!

Grant likes this.
  6. rburly

Well... I should have waited!
    James put up Clay and Shelli. Personally, James for President! :)

Grant likes this.
  7. Tom in Houston

An award to him for his bravery. He may get squished like a bug next week, to satisfy whichever of those 2 nominees stays in the house. And this automatically makes that other faction in the 6th group, more dangerous by numbers - that couldn't be avoided any way they went.

If this isn't clear, it's because I'm trying not to give the whole spoiler content away.

Grant and rburly like this.
  8. rhubarb9999

rhubarb9999 Forum Resident

I would like to see Shelli hit in the face with a train.

9. Tom in Houston

Big Brother brings out strong emotions.

Or did Shelli botch the interior design on your trendy Atlanta townhouse renovation?

...a train to the face, you say? hahahahahaha

10. minerwerks

!!!!!

I was watching the end of the HOH comp this morning and I couldn't believe Shelli was trying to make a safety deal for her and Clay just as she was about to fall off the wall. A desperation move if ever there was one. James should have just kept his mouth shut, though.

Gonna be fun this week!

Grant and rburly like this.
  11. minerwerks

That would only make her and Becky allies again. No thanks. ;)

bekayne and Tom in Houston like this.
  12. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Missed last night, who was voted off Hilary Swank or Marc Almond?

13. Tom in Houston

Jason.... I'm not sure which of the two celebs mentioned fits Jason better.

This week they begin single HoH weeks, and no BoB competition because there are only 2 nominees with only one HoH

And the second twin officially joined the house. Now we have Liz and Julia officially playing the game.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    rburly likes this.
  14. rhubarb9999

Shelli just got hit in the face with a train called 'James'.

Boom!

minerwerks and rburly like this.
  15. rburly

James won the POV.

16. Tom in Houston

If either current nominee is sent packing, the other one loses the majority of their "power" in the house (no more voting block).

So which is the bigger threat by themselves? He is, for physical competitions, especially endurance & physical skill events like running to catch an acorn rolled back and forth over a peak. She would just be a single, conniving, b-word, worthwhile as an alliance vote only, expendable in another week or two.

So, the face-slamming train is pulling into the station, but it may be on his track, not hers if the voters think it through.

rburly likes this.
  17. rburly

As you likely know, the plan is for her to leave. He hasn't won a competition yet.

18. Tom in Houston

He won the "acorn" competition in POV just last week. That's how Jason came to be up for eviction. He saved himself. If you watched that competition you'll remember that he pulled out front of all others and stayed there, never dropping the acorn.

But I agree that it makes no sense to leave someone who is despised and distrusted, plus able to win HoH competitions, in the house.

Either way it should prove effective to separate them. Think of how poorly Brendan and Rachel did individually in years gone by.

19. rburly

I didn't see any of last weeks shows. The first show I saw after 2 weeks ago was last Wednesday.

Hopefully it'll be a productive week!

20. rhubarb9999

He is dumber than a box of over priced Ethernet cables. His only chance is something physical. They are better off keeping him .. they just had an endurance. The next few comps will be mental.

21. rburly

They'll be keeping him.

22. rhubarb9999

There was some sort of plan discussed last night to keep Shelli. If James wants to kill that, he should take down Clay and put up Liz.

23. rburly

That's the plan. Austin and others are trying to get James to keep Clay. Ha! They're trying to ge him to put up Steve. Na goin do it!

24. rburly

If anyone upgrades to Windows 10 OS, you might have to the Edge browser. I tried to log into Live Feeds with FF, but no video (I disabled Adblock, but it didn't work). I'm using Edge now and everything is back to normal.

25. Tom in Houston

When did Becky become a snitch? She's lucky that neither Shelli nor Clay told James that they heard through Becky that Clelli were living with a false sense of safety.

I liked the way James scared the doodoo out of Steve, jumping out from behind the toilet? room door. It was a simple "boo", but it put Steve on the floor. Then Steve was humanized a little when he gave credit, responding "good one" as James helped him up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.