Big Brother: Over the Top

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

I was going to say that when I get home I'm going to tune my computer into the BBOTT website and just wait. Based on the schedule above, it looks like it starts at 10 pm tonight. I'll be tuned in before that.

2. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

For me, I'm toast by 10PM due to getting up early for work and all that. If I watch it at all, it'll be after the fact...

rburly likes this.
  3. rburly

4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Resumed my All Access - ready to go - presumptive team Shelby.

rburly likes this.
  5. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

No thank you. I like BB, but I don't like it enough to pay extra for it.

I'll be back for the next CBS season.

zephyr25 likes this.
  6. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

So who won between Jason and Josea?

7. Frank

Frank Senior Member

The one that every viewer (besides me) in the country doesn't hate with white-hot passion.

rburly and Tom in Houston like this.
  8. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Thursday Hour 1 report. The five hot women immediately donned bikinis and headed to the pool. The obese one sat inside and complained a lot.

I don't think they've ever had this many good looking women at once. Must be about appealing to the online audience this time.

rburly likes this.
  9. rburly

I watched the beginning as Julie introduced the season. It's great that WE get to pick who gets to be evicted. That's awesome! As that guy who looks like Steve came in, I wondered what was going to happen. IMO they should have had the entering HGs come in faster than they did. I eventually fell asleep around 11 something. I woke up at 3:30 and logged in and they were all in the backyard, then I, and many other people had problem with the video freezing or no live video at all. I hope they fix that because I won't pay for something I can't see. I still have to be sold on the online version. 24/7 live feeds doesn't necessarily mean you can see 24/7 as of now.

There are some very hot women in this version. I'll be home in another couple hours and I can see if they've fixed the video. It reminds me of the first years of the live stream when the same thing kept happening (losing the video).

10. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

This is where the majority of problems will be (IMO), feeds going down and other artifacts that people pay for. I will pass and tune in next Summer to the CBS broadcast version...

11. rburly

I was in one of the chat rooms and most people were having problems. I wrote that it reminded me of the early days when their servers couldn't handle the load, and everyone had trouble with the picture. I'd like to see this on TV, but my laptop will have to do.

12. rburly

Jason is still very funny. I have to learn the rest of the names. Jason is just hilarious!

13. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I've dipped in and out of the feeds and had no problems today (Computer -> TV via HDMI / Roku / Android App).

I like that all the competitions are going to be on the feeds as well as the diary room sessions.

I'm under the impression that this edition will be as close to actual 24/7 as possible. No planned blackouts like the televised version.

rburly likes this.
  14. rburly

Exactly. These people have been awake for a long time. The comp they're in now lasts until 1 pm tomorrow. This is a very verbal group and a while ago one of the women said "This is probably the nicest group they've ever had."

This is a good BB!

Frank likes this.
  15. Frank

Frank Senior Member

CBS has got to get it together.

I went to watch the (6 1/2 minute! For a whole day? What?) daily wrap-up with my wife on Roku tonight, and it wasn't there. It was there on my Android App, which I had no way to get to the TV. If they can't keep things consistent across platforms, they're going to crash and burn.

If they can't manage the wife acceptance factor, their entire audience is going to be us techy geeks who are willing to go out of our way to watch this.

rburly likes this.
  16. rburly

I finally didn't have any issues with watching last night. Frank, you're not missing much before now. I can put spoilers around this if you want, but here's what's up (that I saw last night), there's a group that's trying to have Jason put up for eviction. (For anyone interested, this group doesn't know who won BB18) The other group, Krissie, and about 4 others sat in the backyard and talked ... and talked. Also, no one knows that Alex and Whitney are sisters. That's where I stand right now with info.

17. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I'm not surprised they want Jason out first, him being the only former houseguest...

rburly likes this.
  18. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I don't mind spoilers, and I don't know if they even apply here since everything is broadcast in pretty much its final form as it plays out in real time.

I am stunned that no one realizes the two are sisters. Are they actively doing things to hide it (lying about where they're from, etc), or are they just not saying and the others are really imperceptive?

19. rburly

Much agreed. I thought about it, but also realized the thing is on 24/7, with comps and evictions and everything else live. And, there seems to be only a couple of us watching it.

One of the sisters said she was older than she is. To me, their accents are somewhat different, so that helps. Last night, a couple times, they talk to each other in a corner somewhere and then go back to being around other people. No one has said a word that I've heard. If they're "caught" they'll be put up for eviction quickly. I would think Jason would be the first to pick up on it. He picked up on Liz and "the other one" pretty fast. That kid's very perceptive. Give him time. ;)

Frank likes this.
  20. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

So, I have to ask, does Jeff Schroeder have anything to do with show?

21. rburly

Not that I've seen. If you've ever watched the live feed, you'll remember fish or Jeff's interviews run during times the producers didn't want us to see or hear something. There are no fish or Jeff (at all) that I've seen. I'm sure he'll be part of the live events (comps, etc), but so far, no sighting by me.

Frank likes this.
  22. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Just watched last night's daily recap. Jason knows, or thinks he knows. And, of course, just like last time, he's not smart enough to use it for his game and immediately started running around talking about it. That kid sucks and I hope he goes first.

Should also be mentioned that they're required to be up from 10AM BBT to 10PM BBT. I like that - no napping.

I like the gamer sister.

rburly likes this.
  23. rburly

The biggest complaint I have with the regular BB is the sleeping they do. If you're on the east coast, you miss most of the awake time. So, I'm happy they have more strict rules regarding sleep.

There are a few hot girls in this group. And, if you don't "appreciate" southern accents, you're SOL. When Cornbread, Krissie, and several of the others get going, it reminds me of the many conversations I hear in Florida.

Frank likes this.
  24. rburly

25. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Wow, is "Smell-a-rama" finally available?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.