Big find today

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by tommytune, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommytune

tommytune Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was looking for a box to store an extra turntable. Saw my old Technics turntable box up on a shelf in the garage. I purchased this turntable while in high school in 1977 and have been upset with my self for getting rid of it and the Acutex cartridges when the motor quit working back in the early 1990's. Grabbed the box, a little weight to it, and wondered what I have put inside it. Open it up and said a few choice ( nice) words. I am very happy now!

I had the table boxed up with all the original packaging.

Cleaned the stylus on the newer Acutex and I think I like it better than my Shure V15.

Anyone else forget/misplace stereo equipment and then find it?

[​IMG]

aarsonbet, Rupe33 and fluffskul like this.
  2. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

No! But nice surprise find!!!

3. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

Cool! I wish that I could find my old rosewood cabinet Luxman gear. Sigh...

4. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I've got a Garrard 4hf that disappeared into my loft about 15 years ago and has managed to remain hidden during several searches, I also managed to lose a Rega 3 for about 18 months once though that was stored elsewhere and I'm sure somebody had moved it, it was only when I moved everything out that it turned up, I'm sure there are bits of Hi-Fi I've forgotten as well, as I age I tend to forget lots of things until I stumble upon them.:sigh:

timztunz likes this.
  5. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Life's surprises are great, aren't they?

6. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Only the goods ones are!

33na3rd and timztunz like this.
  7. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

I can usually keep up with audio gear but I've bought many guitars over the years and as a result, have a room devoted to storing guitar cases. I was moving things around recently and much like the OP, as I pulled a case out, I noticed the extra weight. It was a nondescript case without a tag that I use to denote the contents. I figured it was a 'yard sale' special - some cheap but interesting import that I couldn't pass up. I opened the case just out of curiosity and lo and behold, I found a 1966 Gibson SG Jr., replete with Maestro tremolo. Now, I usually remember every guitar that passes through my door but this SG's origin is a complete mystery. Aside from my memory concerns, I'm now wondering what else is hiding in those cases!

kenrothman and action pact like this.
  8. Gumboo

Gumboo Forum Resident

Congrats! Better than finding the old 20 dollar bill in a coat pocket. Not as good as when I found $1000 I stashed and forgot about.

9. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

Just picked up a C-100 and T-110. And a 5M21 LRS amp.

10. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Nice! I get excited when I find a wadded up $5 bill in my pants.

The Pinhead likes this.
  11. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

I'm looking right now for that winning lottery ticket down inside the couch cushions. Hope it is still there.

Gumboo likes this.
  12. Don Parkhurst

What a great find! Hopefully you find an ES335 next!

13. Don Parkhurst

Nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.