BIG Problem Burning With EZ Cd 5.0

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by RetroSmith, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967) Thread Starter

Guys, is anyone else having this problem?

I burn CDRs with EZ CD 5.0. What happens a lot is this:

During the burn, One MP3 track crashes the burn, and the software simply hangs. I have to reboot the PC, and throw away the CDR and start over.

Since the software hangs at the track that crashed it, I know what track it is. I can STILL PLAY the "Bad" Mp3 in Winamp. EZ Cd just dosnt like it.

When I delete the "Bad" MP3 from the EZ CD project and try another burn, it works.
    Are there THAT many Bad Mp3s out there is is EZ CD just way too sensitive?

Is there a different burning software with all the same features ( a BIG one for me is that EZ CD automatically puts the names of the MP3s on the back cover for you) that doesnt have the problem I'm having??

Guys, ANY and ALL help will be appreciated. I wasted like 25 CDRs screwing with this thing!!

thanks mucho.

Mikey

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Convert the mp3 to a .wav file first, and try it again.

3. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I don't know specifically what's causing the problem. But if you have the hard drive space, convert the mp3's back to wav using the disk writer plugin in winamp. Then burn the wav files to disk.

I never burn mp3's direct to disk. Whenever I make copies of audio CD's (for my own personal use, of course) I always rip them to wav file first and look at them with cooledit. I used to have this crazy problem when copying straight from one disk to another where I'd have a loud "pop" about 2 seconds into each track. Never figured out the cause, but I worked around the problem.

4. RetroSmith

Hmmmm...

Grant, thats interesting.

Maybe I should close everything in my system tray before I burn so that the processor isnt so busy? Maybe it goes to convert the MP3 to WAV and it doesnt have the available resources.

By the way...I'm running Win 2000 on dual processor (Pent 400) machine.

Anyone know if there is a CD Burning program that will take advantage of Dual processors? That would be IDEAL.

thanks!

Mikey

5. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

What is running is the systray, virus scan? does it happen while burning at slower speeds?

6. RetroSmith

Virus Scan

Hey Mike.

Actually, I JUST installed Norton Anti Virus,........so yea, It is running. Thats gotta be it.

I'll try disabling that, I bet EZ works fine then.

Good Call!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.