Biggest rip-off album you've seen?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TheLazenby, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any album that has music that is well known but new lyrics by a new artist passing the song off as their brilliance.

Also: as much as I love the Capitol albums, even as a kid I raised my eyebrow at Something New. Even the album title is hyper ironic.

geo50000 likes this.
  2. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

This Big Rip off is SUPER BAD!

[​IMG]

3. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

I'll have to check them out again; it's been quite a bit.

I know that I looked for these for ages, finally found them both within a few days of each other, and was bummed when I finally heard them.

geo50000 likes this.
  4. Michael P

Michael P Forum Resident

No. I found the picture online.

5. Michael P

Michael P Forum Resident

The original WB LP's cover states "Newly recorded in High Fidelity" (for the mono version) and "Newly recorded in stereo", as if Cadence Records were not high fidelity :rolleyes:.

6. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

The cd didn't. Now I bought it used, so I have no idea if the original package had a sticker stating this info.

7. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Anything released by the Eurotrend label except the Manfred Mann's Earth Band Live in USA though even that has its problems as it contains four additional live tracks that are actually Chris Thompson solo and not MMEB, though two of them were originally released by MMEB.

8. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

"J***mart" selling copies of your "Hot As Sun" recreation.....

9. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Yes!

Was about to mention this one ...

dino77 likes this.
  10. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I like this album, what's wrong with this soundtrack...I have original pressing.

JulesRules likes this.
  11. Lost In The Flood

Lost In The Flood Feeding an invisible goat

Think they're making a pun on the title. i.e The biggest rip off = Slaughter's Big Rip Off ;)

turnersmemo likes this.
  12. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

For sure. I would be quite pleased to have a copy, not disparaging the Godfather at all.

13. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam Thread Starter

It might not be mine. When I was bringing mine out, some other fellow slapped together a "Hot As Sun" to rip me off, basically using Anthology tracks and stuff. I see his pirated a lot, and not a whole lot of mine.

14. reeltime

reeltime Forum Resident

I got suckered by the Day After Day: Live. I just knew it was going to suck, but I had to have it. Total rip off!

15. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

Too many Elvis Presley compilations to count, some of them even "official".

16. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

My Mom owned an Elvis RCA Camden release called Burning Love & Hits From His Movies Vol. 2.

It was just a quick excuse to get the hit song Burning Love, currently available as a 45 out in 33 1/3 format for some additional $$$$$.

The movie "hits" alluded to in the title were rather forgettable songs from the movies and certainly not hits.

I would qualify this one as a bit of a rip off, though I did enjoy hearing the song Burning Love whenever Mom put the album on .

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    ccbarr likes this.
  17. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

Yeah! I'm pretty sure that's one of the "official" ones I was think of. My Mom had that album on casstte, or one very, very close and I did love to hear Burning Love, but the rest of it was just syrupy movie songs, they didn't even use the decent movie tracks. I remember my Mom would always play it on the weekends, along with other Elvis tapes, as she cleaned the house. Whenever she played that Burning Love tape she would always vaccum the house, at the time I didn't understand why she was drowning out her music with the vaccum but in hindsight I think she was doing it on purpose. ;)

Remurmur likes this.
  18. John Fogerty & Rock and Roall All Stars bootleg CD. I had hoped it would sound better than my cassette copy. It sounds like they had a copy of my cassette copy.

M321115 likes this.
  19. Mr-Beagle

Mr-Beagle Ah, but the song carries on, so holy

Neil Young - Journey Through The Past

20. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

"Dreams of Freedom- Bob Marley Ambient Translations in Dub."

21. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Okay, the knock-off song titles made me chuckle, I admit it. :) I'd love to actually hear those.

22. Picca

Picca Forum Resident

I used to have a cassette of fake John Paul George & Ringo tunes sung by impersonators. All stuff from the first solo years. I remember a terribile Give Me Love by fake George. Does anybody remember it?

23. Folknik

Folknik Forum Resident

That Backstreet Boys Greatest Hits, Volume 1(!?!?!?) containing all 5 of their hits, plus remixes of the same songs. Needless to say, there was no Volume 2.

24. Folknik

Folknik Forum Resident

I have a double T.Rex CD called The Millennium Collection. It contains several of their well-known songs, but in different recordings than the officially released ones. Earlier? Later? Not sure. It's actually pretty good.

25. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

This one?

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Hits-Chapter-...GDVS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1438464069&sr=8-2

1. I Want It That Way
    2. Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
    3. As Long As You Love Me
    4. Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely
    5. Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
    6. All I Have To Give
    7. Larger Than Life
    8. I'll Never Break Your Heart
    9. The Call
    10. Shape Of My Heart
    11. The One
    12. More Than That (Radio Mix)
    13. Drowning

I have it, and it's actually a pretty great compilation of their hits without any padding of remixes or anything. They had enough hits and popular album tracks to fill out this compilation at least.

LivingForever, Jayseph and ARK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.