Bill Murray pulls out of Ghostbusters 3 - for good

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Matthew, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

Oh geez. Why can't they leave these classic movies alone.

MarkTheShark likes this.
  2. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

2trackmind likes this.
  3. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Kate and Leslie are surprise choices -- they have no track record in movies and Jones has only been performing on SNL for a few months.

4. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

I was surprised too, but I really think Kate will be able to hold her own. She's about the best one on SNL these days.

5. Squealy

Oh it's not that they're not funny... but I thought they'd go for four big names. Though maybe they tried.

DLant likes this.
  6. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I sense a big "Boycott" from ghost busters fans is probably taking place.
    I will never see this I can't stand Melissa and her big mouth.
    The same angry type person in every single movie she does.
    Le, boring......... This will bomb. Let Sony, learn the hard way.

7. What do you mean? A couple of them are very big indeed! Ba-dump-bump.

Tex_Writer likes this.
  8. Squealy

9. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

I'm not against it but please let's not call it Ghostbusters 3 as it's really a complete reboot now.

2trackmind likes this.
  10. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Okay, so how about Ghostbusters Reboot?

:winkgrin:

musicalbeds likes this.
  11. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Leslie Jones did make an impression appearing in Chris Rock's film "Top Five" though.

12. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Ghostbusters Re-Boo?

Tex_Writer and eddiel like this.
  13. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Sounds like a reboot in name only.

14. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

This is gonna be awful. I also don't understand why the main cast has to be fully female either. Why the hell can't it be a mixture of both male and female? At least the originals had Sigourney Weaver for a little balance. Hell, I wish Sigourney Weaver was in this movie as a Ghostbuster. Considering all the crap her character went through in the first two films, it seems fitting for her to join,

15. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I haven't heard of any of these people who are starring in this "reboot". Guess I'm out of the loop.

musicalbeds likes this.
  16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm willing to bet males will be in the movie, and likely in prominent roles. They're just going with female Ghostbusters - just like the original movie used male Ghostbusters...

17. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

If you've never heard of Kristen Wiig or Melissa McCarthy, then yeah, you're out of the loop. The other two are semi-obscure, but Wiig and McCarthy have been all over movies the last few years...

Tex_Writer and intv7 like this.
  18. Drew

Drew Senior Member

My interest in cinema has been waning for years, probably because of all the remakes and lack of fresh ideas. I haven't seen a movie with either of these people.

MarkTheShark likes this.
  19. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

To me, it just cries too hard of forced diversity. Diversity should be natural. I have a problem with the originals lacking this as well.

Like, I think at this point of time in our society, the characters should be written before ever casted, and are given their genders after they figure out what actor should play the character.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    deadbirdie likes this.
  20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

21. Cracklebarrel

Cracklebarrel Forum Resident

He pretty much phoned it in the first two :hide: so I'm okay with this news.

22. aarsonbet

aarsonbet Forum Resident

I'm beginning to think that all of the writers and directors in and around Hollywood need a collective injection of stem cells directly to their cerebral cortex, in the hopes of regenerating whatever dormant brain cells are still there, and then HOPEFULLY getting us away from this dreadful trend of re-booting old film franchises.

Please, Hollywood, take stock of the successes of the past. ORIGINALITY is what made these movies work in the first place. Enough with the friggin' re-hashes!!!!!!!!

MarkTheShark likes this.
  23. Can you say "gimmick" and "trawling for positive advance press"?

24. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I like the cast. I like Wiig and McKinnon a lot. I'm not sure this is a good career move, but I will try to be open minded.

Not the biggest McCarthy fan, but maybe since she's not the sole star it will even things out. "Identity Thief" and "Tammy" were garbage and I am mad at myself for watching them. I didn't make it through 20 minutes of "The Heat". Her schtick got old fast.

That Leslie lady seems pretty funny based on the 5 minutes of SNL skits I've seen her in (I've stopped watching the show). She's got some Will Ferrell in her. Yell crazy stuff and I will be your fan.

25. albert_m

albert_m Forum Resident

I think that she's good in small doses, but there's too much of her. I don't think she warrants all of that screen time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.