Bill Ward, Sharon and Ozzy

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Paulette, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulette

Paulette Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've found this old thread about Bill Ward and BS. Tim1954 posted it back in 2015. Can't quote it but the subject of the thread is basically this link.

(BILL WARD: 'SHARON OSBOURNE Definitely Dislikes Me, And She Has For A Long, Long Time' below).

It really got me to thinking about Sharon. Why would she hate Bill? Him an Ozzy were best friends. Maybe that's why?

Ozzy baby always says he would be dead without her. I feel so sad. There's a lot of talk about how he gets credit for stuff he shouldn't and I just don't see that at all, from him. He gives everyone else credit, from what I've seen.

They're abusive towards each other and fine with it. Maybe they are meant for each other.

Just wonder what y'all think about her tactics and unfluence on him.

Read more at BILL WARD: 'SHARON OSBOURNE Definitely Dislikes Me, And She Has For A Long, Long Time'

2. Sharon is an awful person and as much as I love Ozzy he allows it to happen. Listen to this interview with Jake E Lee to get an insight into how Sharon operates, just think of how much $$$ she and Ozzy screwed him out of. This is just 1 example, there are many, many more....she's a thoroughly ruthless #%$@

3. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

I think there will always be resentment on Sharon's side to BS in general. They were Don Arden's band and she needed to prove herself to him and the world that she could manage better than anyone. Of course they kicked Ozzy out to boot. As far as Bill Ward now, I think it is 50/50 health and tour cuts. If it was solely about his drumming stamina, maybe they could've offered a percussionist instead of full blown 2nd drummer.

4. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

If you just think of Sharon as Ozzy's wife, I could understand the questions. But, she isn't just his wife. She's management and Ward has caused considerable turmoil from a management perspective for both the band and Ozzy. I'll grant that heath issues with Ward have been part of the problem and probably warrant some consideration My no means am I defending her, I actually don't really care for her. But, finding last minute drummer replacements for tours and recording session must be infuriating. She isn't in the band, so artistic concerns aren't hers, she has to deal with the commitments that she negotiated.

Paulette likes this.
  5. Paulette

What do you mean by combative history?

6. Paulette

Thanks for the interview.
    How does Ozzy baby allow it?

7. Paulette

Hos did Bill cause turmoil?

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  8. At the end of the interview Jake says ozzy, whilst drunk, admitted that he knew of Sharon's behavior and that it was part of the biz, it happened to BS and now he gets to do it to Jake (and others) if he wanted to give Jake the writing credits he deserves he could have but chose to turn a blind eye.

9. Paulette

I missed that part. My Ozzy baby blinders. I am going to cry now :cry:

10. Django

Django Forum Resident

Yeah, she seems to think she can behave like her horrible father. But maybe you need to be a awful bastard to survive in the showbiz shark pool.

Fullbug and Paulette like this.
  11. No-one is perfect, just enjoy the music.

Paulette likes this.
  12. Paulette

I love you, Soundhead :love:

Soundhead likes this.
  13. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

The moral of the story is don't start working without a contract. I learned that long ago, fortunately prior to being in a bad situation like this.

14. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

15. Paulette

That is a funny guy. Amazing in concert, just intense.
    Thanks Tim

16. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

I also thought it might add some balance. The way he talks about Ozzy and Sharon is in stark contrast to people who only ever seem to focus on what's been said by Bob Daisley or Jake E. Lee.

In fact, if you think about it, Ozzy has worked with a lot of people for a long time who have nothing but great things to say about him and Sharon. Which isn't to say they haven't made mistakes along the way.

Paulette likes this.
  17. Paulette

Oh, OK Tim. I figured but just not really sure.

18. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I've seen this attitude many times, I got screwed over so I'm screwing you over, nothing personal mind you...ultimately it's just down to greed.

19. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Well it's just like anything isn't it in real life? You know someone one way and another person knows them another way. Small example, there's a CPA type that I know through social engagements. Very smart, enjoy hearing what he has to say. But I never worked with him so to me he's rather nice. But I've spoken to people who worked with him and there's a high turnover on his team. He's not very nice to work for.

So yeah, people have great things to say about Ozzy and Sharon because they were never in a position that Jack E Lee or whoever was in.

driverdrummer likes this.
  20. zen

zen Senior Member

Always important. :thumbsup:

Paulette and Gregster like this.
  21. Gregster

Gregster Forum Resident

Hello,

Any publicity, is good publicity. And the more "arguing" involved, the better...

It's sad IMO, that these life-long-friends couldn't place ego's & money aside for the sake of saying farewell to the Black Sabbath fans around the world. Greed is a powerful driving force it seems, even when you already have more than enough money.

Why not divide the lions share of the takings equally ?...No more fighting then...

Personally, I feel that Bill "could" have regained his fitness, & survived a World Tour, as he had done already many times through his career. You set dates for your tour with decent breaks in-between shows, simple.

Yes, being in your 60's means your body is starting to have aches & pains, but these can be over-come as we hopefully can all agree. Neil Peart is a great example of over-coming trouble & illness on-the-road.

Lastly, the tour ( as I understand it ) was also to be seen as a farewell & thank-you from Tony, due to the uncertainty of his future health situation.

All of the issues presented have / had simple solutions available IMO. We'll never know the real reasons, & that's fair enough too.

The world tour aside, I feel that Bill at the very least deserved his rightful place behind the kit with the recording of "13", but it is what it is, & we got what we got.

I have nothing against Sharon, but IMO, she failed in her job as manager to get these guys together again, at least as far as the bollox delivered through the press & what we've read is concerned.

My $00:02,

Gregster

driverdrummer and Paulette like this.
  22. Paulette

I think about Ozzy baby all of the time. Whatever bad he has done, I just cannot think of that. I see him smiling at his bandmates and being a goofy clown on stage. Making faces where it seems like he is doing his best to be "badass" to where he is just adorable. He makes me happy and makes me feel good. I just hope that I can hug him and thank him for that some day

23. The Trinity

The Trinity Do what thou wilt, so mote be it.

Love Sharon
    Love Ozzy
    Love Bill
    They're all good in my books.

Paulette likes this.
  24. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Hunhh... just in time for Halloween...

[​IMG]

25. Paulette

I don't get it