Billion Dollar Babies DVD-A

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by howardg6, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. howardg6

howardg6 Senior Member Thread Starter

Has anyone got the DVD-A version OF Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies. If so please can you check to see if the same crackle (like static) appears on the live version of Elected that occurs on the Rhino remastered CD. The crackle can be heard at 1 minuite 59 into the track.
    Your views are appreciated.

2. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

Kinda early here, but if no one else does it, I will check this evening. I have both issues.

3. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

I listened to this tonight and.....

Can't say. It appears this is either 2 different shows, or a radically different edit. On the CD - the live "Elected" extends abot 30-40 seconds longer than the DVD-A, and goes directly into "I'm Eighteen", omitting the third verse. That verse is also omitted on the DVD-A, but almost exctly at the "crackle" point, it goes directly into "No More Mr. Nice Guy".

Here's a theory, though - it doesn't sound like a crackle, but a fade up of the pre-recorded "audience noise" that precedes the "speach portion" from the studio version of "Elected". These live tapes were surely "altered". Having seen Cooper on this very tour - I can ASSURE you that "Billion Dollar Babies" had a pre-recorded Donovan singing his portion of that song in the arena's. If you doubt it - listen carefuly to the live verions. You can hear Donovan's voice faintly in the P.A. bleed thru - Alice must have dubbed in vocals for his part.....

This is MUCH more obvious on the DVD-A, but can still be (faintly) detected on the CD (especially the second chorus).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.