"Billions" New TV Drama on Showtime Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Juan Matus, Jan 14, 2016.

1. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

I wonder how content Taylor will be after having been the Head-LGBTQIAPK-In Charge. But she seems to be fiercely loyal to Bobby and still knows that she has a lot to learn from him.

2. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

OMFG! John Malkovich!!! Has he ever worked on a television project?

3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Kevin Durant as well.

4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Very effective and menacing, I wouldn't touch his money. I think Taylor will be the one who saves Axe from him down the road when some of his investments head in the wrong direction, the directive was very clear "you will not lose my money".

5. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Can't be sure, but it seems that they're setting up a season finale that will involve, at least in part, a showdown between Axe and Taylor/Chuck and Waylon Jeffcoat. Great show.

6. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Believe it or not, as soon as I heard his voice (with the Russian accent), before seeing him, I recognized the voice of a favorite character from a favorite movie; Teddy KGB from Rounders! I think I'd lose it if he were to say; check, check, check!;)

7. David Egan

David Egan Forum Resident

Flush from their recent victories, Chuck and Axe are recklessly barreling ahead towards what I suspect will be new lows for both.

8. ralphb

Love how the Malkovich character waited until after he signed the contract with Axe to tell the story about the mother and son. Just to let Axe in on how deep he was getting.

9. dmiller458

Plot twist. Andolov was the boy.

Deuce66 likes this.
  10. dmiller458

Maybe not as loyal as I thought.

Deuce66 likes this.
  11. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Taylor is clearly "new" era and wants to move away from the old corrupt, damaging way of doing business. Taylor is the new millennial Axe.

Humbuster and ralphb like this.
  12. ralphb

Going by the preview for next weeks season ender, it looks like Taylor and Axe will be at war with each other. This season has been pretty amazing on all levels.

13. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I'm a fan of Taylor's but while she may be smarter than Axe, I think she's far from being his equal. If they go to war, she's out manned and out gunned. But being as smart as she is, she must know this. Going to war with Axe is practically suicidal! VERY interested in what's happening, can't believe there's only one episode left in this very fine season!

ralphb likes this.
  14. ralphb

I agree with you, Axe will go all out to destroy them once he finds out...okay I can't get into it, but if you saw the preview for next week you know what I mean. For me, Taylor is the stand out character in a cast of characters that has few equals on television.

marmalade166 likes this.
  15. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Last week HBO ran a few episodes of the outstanding Band Of Brothers. Boy, Damien Lewis (Axe) looked like a child!;) Totally agree about the stellar cast of Billions, they're terrific! Watching BOB, there were a bunch of very young, soon to be very big, actors in the ensemble, like Tom Hardy. Makes me wonder who'll be the breakout 'star's from Billions.

16. ralphb

Most of the actors in "Billions" already have established careers, but the obvious break out star would be Asia Kate Dillon.

marmalade166 and dmiller458 like this.
  17. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Agreed, but sometimes, the lesser characters in the story are played by unrecognized heavyweights, like a Tom Hardy. Besides Dillon, Condola Rashad, Giamatti's DA assistant, bears watching.

18. ralphb

Absolutely regarding Rashad, but she's already a star on Broadway. Hopefully movies are in her future. I also love David Costabile as Wags, but again, he's been around a while.

19. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Wags is a pissa! Is it weird that he's the one I most identify with!?;)

ralphb likes this.
  20. ralphb

:uhhuh:

21. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

More heavy metal: "You're the Yngwie Malmsteen of coding." They were talking about Rush albums as well.

Veltri likes this.
  22. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Lots of great music references in the show.

"Meet the new raise, same as the old raise."

ralphb likes this.
  23. ralphb

They do really well with the music references, but they'll have to go quite a ways to top the Dictator's "Next Big Thing" from earlier in the season.:)

Brenald79 and Humbuster like this.
  24. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile Thread Starter

Just finished Episode 10. This season has also been great. Every time I see Jeffcoat I think of :D

[​IMG]

Which also starred, yes you guessed it, this guy....

[​IMG]

25. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

Without introducing any spoilers, did anyone see any of this coming in last nights season finale?
    Great viewing.