Billy Squier's Don't Say No - Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MagicAlex, Nov 16, 2017.

1. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I don't think Intervention Records' releases show up on Amazon until the day they are released.

Craig.

2. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

c-eling and sound chaser like this.
  3. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Thanks for the link Steve :cheers:

4. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Well, if that pre-order is the Intervention Records SACD (not sure whether "Label: Urp Music Distributors" is Intervention or not), then that's something new. On a different Intervention Records thread, Shane made a point of saying that Amazon doesn't allow him to list his titles until day of release. Maybe this "Urp Music Distributors" entity (this?) satisfies Amazon's requirements for listing pre-release titles?

EDIT: New Record Label: Intervention Records

Craig.

5. George P

George P Notable Member

6. LedHetland

LedHetland Forum Resident

I find this album to be painfully underrated, and I’m glad to hear this is getting a new mastering treatment through Kevin Gray. I hope it turns out as a proper compliment to how truly great of an album this really is.
    I own the original Capitol CD, vinyl, and 30th Anniversary CD. The originals were okay in their own rights, and I thought the 30th was a little more aggressive for my liking, but had a more responsive low-end.

7. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

This one is on my list. Great album! I'll be doing the sacd.

keyXVII likes this.
  8. Further

Further Forum Resident

Does Intervention ship outside of the States? I managed to pick up their Burrito Brothers reissue through amazon.ca when it was released but don't see a listing for this Billy Squier album yet. Intervention's website only has United States listed in the shipping drop down for country, so just wondering if they will ship internationally.

I've loved Don't Say No since it first came out and have a couple of copies of it but I know this reissue is gonna be the one to have, based on their previous work. I'd love to see them do Emotions In Motion, too.

clhboa and sound chaser like this.
  9. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Just finished listening to side one. Clean, flat pressing. Kevin’s mastering sounds great, very dynamic. My old copy is packed away right now, so I can’t make any comparisons, but I think this a great, crankable record. Way better than what I remember.

c-eling likes this.
  10. c-eling

C'mon April!

George P likes this.
  11. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

Going to take it for a spin tonight. I just opened it and it looks great.

12. George P

George P Notable Member

c-eling likes this.
  13. c-eling

George P likes this.
  14. George P

George P Notable Member

Indeed! I will be first in line for the Squier and Burrito titles when they are released. Shane also has excellent taste in mastering engineers (Kevin Gray.)

c-eling likes this.
  15. Further

Further Forum Resident

How the hell do you order this thing? I tried to order the LP on the Intervention site again and even through PayPal, they still don’t offer an option outside of the United States. I can’t find it listed on amazon, either.

It’s so frustrating when you want to support someone and show your appreciation for what they do and they make it impossible to do so.

16. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Have you asked them?
    https://www.interventionrecords.com/contact/

17. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

First impressions on my modest system...bass is pushed way up, and the vocals seem pushed back a bit. Not better, not worse than my eighties pressing, just different.

Put it this way, it's not in the league of what KG did with Electric Warrior or Love & Rockets for that matter, but a worthwhile purchase if you don't have a clean old copy.

18. George P

George P Notable Member

Kevin Gray mastered Electric Warrior? Was that only for vinyl?

longdist01 likes this.
  19. Brandon Benwell

Brandon Benwell Ready An' Willin'

Ill be picking this LP up. I hope all his albums get this treatment. Billy and his band are very overlooked.

20. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Yes

21. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Can you order from Amazon U.S.?
    https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Say-No-...1518755479&sr=8-2&keywords=billy+squier+vinyl

I know Amazon won't let Intervention list their releases until the actual release day. Maybe it takes a bit longer for Amazon Canada?
    :)

Further likes this.
  22. Further

Further Forum Resident

JeffreyB likes this.
  23. Shane has told me he has trouble with amazon.ca but is planning to make it possible to order from his website in the future. Try amazon.com

24. gfong

gfong Forum Resident

One of my faves from the 80's, very underrated imo...

As a Canadian I was able to order the record off of Amazon USA with no issues and also pre order the SACD.
    Thanks to the OP and the Amazon link.

25. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Just placed my order. The Intervention releases, the Joe Jacksons in particular, sound incredible.