Bjork 2015 coloured vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pinkrudy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member Thread Starter

well seems the main albums are getting reissued... debut/post/homogenic/vespertine/medulla/volta and biophilia.

in coloured vinyl no less.. March 7, 2015

"In celebration of Björk’s mid-career retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and the release of the Björk: Archives book, One Little Indian is reissuing the Björk vinyl back catalogue, and for an exclusive period the vinyl will be coloured to the hue that personifies that album character. After 5000 copies all albums will revert back to black vinyl."

14GBP each..

http://indian.co.uk/shop/bjork.html

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  2. drivingfrog

drivingfrog Calm down, have some dip.

3. pinkrudy

i dont know if i should take the plunge

i already have them all on black vinyl [​IMG]

4. MikeTV

MikeTV Well-Known Member

Which albums of hers are currently out of print?

5. pinkrudy

all of them.. i think...

Nathan Aaron likes this.
  6. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I would probably buy them if I could get them in a complete box...

7. pinkrudy

thats true...a box set is surely missing.

8. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Going strictly by her official online store:
    • Debut
    • Vespertine
    • Volta
    • Biophilia
    Are all OOP. Selmasongs (while not a "proper" Bjork album) is also OOP, but is sadly not part of this reissue campaign.

9. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I bought the whole set. :goodie:

Here's a sneak peak from her FB page.

[​IMG]

Davidmk5, Lela, Scope J and 1 other person like this.
  10. BeardedSteven

It's kind of hard to say which ones are out of print? Or at least available. A couple of weeks ago I was able to buy all of them save Vespertine and Volta from a combo of her online store and Amazon UK.

11. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I said the same thing in the Vulnicura thread. Should have put all of these in a nice box along with that hardcover retrospective book coming out.

12. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I agree, her catalog is kind of weird that way. They sort of drift in and out of print. I think the label is interested in keeping them out there, they just don't jump at the opportunity right away every time or make an orchestrated effort to reissue them all at once, at least until now (and the previous DMM versions a few years ago).

13. BeardedSteven

Taken from the Vulnicura thread, but probably more appropriate to talk about them here...

There are clues for the colors of the vinyl in the descriptions of the LPs on the OLI site.

Debut -beige
    Post - pink
    Homogenic - green
    Vespertine - white
    Medulla - brown
    Volta - red
    Biophilia - blue

Stole this from the Bjork forum! Didn't notice it myself in the descriptions at first. We'll see if it's correct. (So far Post and Homogenic are correct based on the above photos)

14. pinkrudy

yea i got all mine last year..but from different sites..all were described as new but all of them were opened (not in shrink)

15. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

A good starting point for me to get some of her albums. What should we expect mastering wise (CD master? from tape? hi-rez?)

16. pinkrudy

a lot of her music is on a mac computer....im assuimg digital...ive never seen the word analog mentioned anywhere near a bjork album.

17. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Good question. I've never seen anything about her recording analog, personally. Most of her albums were probably recorded digitally. The earlier ones were probably just "redbook" quality digital, too.

With that said, all the Bjork vinyl I've heard has sounded great, and that seems to be the general consensus among others as well. I think most of the reason for that lies in the mastering, in this case.

18. BeardedSteven

I'm eager to hear this as well. Although I'm not too worried. I know I bought blindly, and may regret? But I doubt it. They should at least hold some collector's status if I don't like them and want to dump them(unlikely).

19. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

In general I'm not really crazy about colored vinyl, but those are really nice looking!

hutlock likes this.
  20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it'll be nice to pick up some of these without hassle finally. i'll keep my DMM copies that i could find though.

21. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

These are looking very tempting :goodie:

22. BeardedSteven

Apparently these are going in and out of stock on the OLI website(although I see them all in stock right now). Word is people think some will go to MOMA for the exhibition? But nobody knows how many or if they'd be available online. Just passing that along. If you really want the colored ones you might not want to wait...

23. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Thanks for that.

24. atl1

atl1 Forum Resident

just ordered the first three, so happy! would of ordered vulnicura but im sure that will be in stores.

bjork's albums sound fine, and one little indian's past presses have all been great

25. NapalmBrain

NapalmBrain Forum Resident

I really want these but I already pre-ordered Courtney Barnett I'll have to wait a week or 2 how much did they come out a piece shipped stateside roughly?