Black country singers

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grant, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

Carr's "Dark End Of The Street" was covered by country artists, my fave being Gram Parsons's version with the Burritos on "Gilded Palace".

William Bell's "You Don't Miss Your Water" (which he also wrote) is a perfect country song.

and then there is Genre-Hopping Taj Mahal, who turned in a neat version of "Six Days on the Road" (with Jesse Ed Davis on guitar) on one of those Rhino guitar player comps.

2. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

This is a marvelous country record! Unless they'd heard it before, you could play this song for friends and they'd find it hard to believe that it's the Pointer Sisiters.

3. Kevin W

Kevin W Well-Known Member

4. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Oh man I love that album!!!

That's a great record! There is a cut by Conway Twitty and Sam Moore (Sam from Sam & Dave) doing Brook Benton's Rainy Night In Georgia .
    I think it was one of the last things Twitty did before he died and he did that patented growl of his. It's amazing. The rest of the disc is great as well. Thanks for reminding me about it.
    And I am glad nobody has mentioned Clint Black...
    :rolleyes:

Peace
    Norm

5. David Powell

David Powell Well-Known Member

Don't forget Joe Simon, and on occasion, Allen Toussaint (Southern Nights & Country John).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.