Black Crowes Live Releases downloads

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wiserforthetime, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I don't think I've heard any of the shows from the 2013 (as yet) final tour. I know some don't like the band at this point, but are there any standout shows I should check out? I've liked every era of the Crowes, so I'm sure I'll enjoy these. Just looking for any particular recomendations.

2. agentalbert

Anyone? I've got a lot of the 2005-2006 shows that I bought as Instant Live releases at the time, But I don't have any of the 2010 or 2013 shows.

3. Lucab12

Lucab12 Well-Known Member

do you have any of the V-2 download shows?

4. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I don't - they were mp3 and incomplete as far as i remember.

5. Lucab12

Lucab12 Well-Known Member

My Beacon and Radio City recordings are aud from 01 which is why I asked

6. agentalbert

I've always wondered why those shows haven't been made available to buy. They must have been professionally recorded, right? So why aren't those shows in complete form available to get?

7. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

Does anyone know any info on the live tracks from the Hard To Handle 12” single? Says recorded at the Greek. I’m guessing this is the 91 radio broadcast from the Greek? They do a cover of Dreams and I want to know who is playing the leads.

Hep Alien likes this.
  8. Jachay

Jachay Forum Resident

Wish I bought the instant live show from Toronto 5/17/05, hard to track down these days. 2005 was great tour!

9. Are there any SB or hi-quality audio of their 1994-1995 tour with Chris Trujillo? I love those monster jam of Black Moon/Morning Song that stretched to 25 plus minutes. I have about three or four of them, but would love to find a lot more.

Cheers

Carlos

painted8 likes this.
  10. featheredfiend

featheredfiend Forum Resident

Yes, that is from the 1991 radio broadcast from the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles...the lead on that song would've been played by their original guitarist Jeff Cease, as Marc Ford hadn't joined the band (as Cease's replacement) yet.

And just as an aside - that's probably the worst version of "Dreams" the Crowes ever played!!!

Hep Alien likes this.
  11. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

Ah. I figured either Cease, or Rich was playing the leads. I could tell it wasn’t Marc! OTOH Chris’s voice sounds great.

Hep Alien likes this.
  12. agentalbert

I've been listening to some of the 1996 shows this week. During "P.25 London" there is a part about a minute in where Chris sings "I I don't say nuthin'" and then someone else in a low voice repeats "If I don't say nuthin..."

Who is that? Doesn't really sound like Rich? Johnny? Marc?

Hep Alien likes this.
  13. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Sorry to bump the old thread, but this seemed the most logical place to put this question.

I'm back on a bit of a Crowes kick...I see they've added a bunch of '96-98 shows to Nugs...not my favorite era (would prefer something from 90-95, and definitely something from '99), but are there any from this batch that are especially worth getting? Either for being special shows (I know they played some all-acoustic gigs around this time, not sure if any of those are among this series) or just really great performances and sound? I see a few 2001 shows listed too, I know most don't think much of that tour, but I'd be interested in one of those if they're notably better/different than the official live album.

Hep Alien likes this.
  14. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Bump. Good question. Can anyone recommend any noteworthy downloads from the ‘96-‘98 shows?

Hep Alien and walrus like this.
  15. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Late answer but I bought these two shows today. I have nothing to complain about. Sound is great and the band is fantastic!
    The Black Crowes - 9/23/96 BC Roadshow, Portland, OR
    The Black Crowes - 1/30/97 BC Roadshow, Prague, CZE

I think my next two shows might be the first post 9/11 from 2001 and one from 2006 when they played the first set acoustic and second set electric

The Black Crowes - 9/12/01 BC Roadshow, Tucson, AZ
    The Black Crowes - 7/14/06 Norva, Norfolk, VA
    The Black Crowes - 8/1/06 LC Pavilion, Columbus, OH

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  16. budwhite

17. budwhite

Hep Alien and JPJs Bass Guitar like this.
  18. jazz_case

jazz_case Forum Resident

The two Chicago shows in April of 2013 were excellent.

The Fillmore run in December of 2010 was also worthwhile but for some reason those were only released on iTunes/Apple at the time: ‎The Black Crowes on Apple Music

southamorican likes this.
  19. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Anyone know of a recording of the 5/14/99 show at Polaris Amphitheater in Columbus, OH? Doesn't necessarily need to be pro/official...

20. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

MAN, so many great shows to explore. I don’t know why it took me so many years to go down this rabbit hole.

21. agentalbert

I've been listening to a group of the 2013 shows the last few weeks. And there is this track "Lowdown" which is a modified version of "Ballad In Urgency". They even play it right before "Wiser Time" in all the instances, just like where Ballad would go. So what is the origin of this and why is it titled "Lowdown"?

Hep Alien likes this.
  22. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

From the Lost Crowes Wikipedia entry:

"Lowdown" (The song was later re-recorded for and released on Amorica as "Ballad in Urgency," with some lyrical changes.)

Hep Alien and agentalbert like this.
  23. agentalbert

Hey, thanks! I never knew that. I figured it was a new arrangement, not something that pre-dated BIU itself. I thin BIU if fantastic and like it the way it is, but it is interesting to hear the alternate arrangement.

Hep Alien and budwhite like this.
  24. agentalbert

Anyone know who was doing those backing vocals?

Hep Alien likes this.
  25. agentalbert

One of the things I really like about these 2013 shows is the band doing "Houston Don't Dream About Me".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.