Black Friday Record Store Day 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Amnesiac, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident Thread Starter

I guess it's that time again. Stumbled upon an alleged partial list earlier today.
    • 10” B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone [10''] (2 Bonus Tracks, Picture Sleeve, indie-exclusive) 22
    • 12” Beck - Dreams [12''] (Blue Vinyl, Puffy Sleeve, Embossed Jacket, limited, indie-exclusive) 24
    • 2LP Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind (Anniversary Edition) [2LP] (Red & Green Vinyl, embossed foil jacket, lyrics sheet, 500 randomly SIGNED copies, numbered, indie-exclusive) 48
    • 7” Eazy-E - Merry Mutha****in' X-Mas [7''] (Red Vinyl, first time on 7'', indie-exclusive) 17,50
    • LP Frank Zappa - Feeding The Monkies At Ma Maison [LP] (Yellow Vinyl, first time on vinyl, indie-exclusive) 26,50
    • 10” Get Up Kids, The - Red Letter Day [10''] (Marbled Vinyl, indie-exclusive) 19,50
    • 3LP Jeff Beck - Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Deluxe) [3LP] (Limited Edition, bonus album feats. Joss Stone, Eric Clapton, Imogean Heap, indie-exclusive) 42,50
    • LP Joan Jett - The First Sessions [EP] (Black & White Vinyl, 1979 demos, download, limited/numbered to 4000, indie-exclusive) 33,50
    • LP John Lee Hooker - Two Sides Of John Lee Hooker [LP] (limited edition, indie-exclusive) 26,50
    • 7” Kinks, The - Dedicated Kinks [7'' EP] (includes ''Set Me Free,'' and ''Dedicated Follower Of Fashion,'' indie-exclusive) 16,50
    • 7” Kinks, The - Kwyet Kinks [7'' EP] (includes ''A Well Respected Man,'' indie-exclusive) 16,50
    • 10” Les Paul & Mary Ford - Christmas Cheer [10''] (Green or Red Vinyl [random, 1000 each color], 2 Bonus Tracks, indie-exclusive) 22,50
    • LP Linda Ronstadt - Silk Purse [LP] (45th anniversary, feats. her hit ''Long Long Time,'' includes bonus track, indie-exclusive) 26,50
    • 2LP Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama: Live At Rockpalast (1996) [2LP] (indie-exclusive) 37,50
    • 4LP Nine Inch Nails - Halo I-IV [LP+3-12'' Box Set] (180 Gram, original masters, Pretty Hate Machine LP plus Down In It 12'', Head Like A Hole 12'' EP, Sin 12'', indie-exclusive) 112
    • 12” Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody [12''] (40th Anniversary release with original artwork and tracklisting and first time as a 12'' single, indie-exclusive) 10
    • 3 x 10” Quintet, The (Charlie Parker/Dizzy Gillespie/Bud Powell/Max Roach/Charles Mingus) - Jazz At Massey Hall: The 10'' LP Collection [3x10'' Box Set] (extensive book with rare photos, indie-exclusive) 73
    • LP Roscoe Holcomb - San Diego Folk Festival 1972 [LP] (unreleased live album, indie-exclusive) 29
    • 7” School Of Seven Bells - TBD (brand new track) [7''] (Colored Vinyl, one of the final tracks recorded prior to Benjamin Curtis' death, indie-exclusive) 16,50
    • 10” Spoon - TV Set [10''] (Colored Vinyl, The Cramps cover, unreleased track from Poltergeist soundtrack, indie-exclusive) 18
    • 2LP Various Artists - High Fidelity (Soundtrack) [2LP] (Orange Vinyl, 15th Anniversary, download, limited/numbered, feats. Velvet Underground, Bob Dylan, Jack Black, etc., indie-exclusive) 38
    • LP Various Artists - Love & Mercy [LP] (feats. Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys, indie-exclusive) 26,50
    • 2LP Various Artists - True Detective (HBO Soundtrack) [2LP] (feats. Bob Dylan, Father John Misty, Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave, Cassandra Wilson, etc., indie-exclusive) 36,50
    • LP Wes Montgomery - One Night In Indy (feat. The Eddie Higgins Trio) [EP] (180 Gram, unreleased recordings, limited, indie-exclusive) 34
    • 2LP Zombies, The - The BBC Radio Sessions (Complete) [2LP] (first complete collection of The Zombies on BBC, includes previously unissued interviews and songs, indie-exclusive) 41
    Definitely will be picking up the Love and Mercy OST, as well as the Spoon and Nine Inch Nails releases.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Sir Cosmic

Sir Cosmic Active Member

Very interesting selections so far!

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

The NIN set looks cool since it appears to be cut from the original masters.

4. kman

kman Forum Resident

Jeff beck
    I saw that concert show on TV about a year ago and it was / is great
    Let's hope the lp coming out is the same

5. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Wonder if the bonus track on the Linda Ronstadt will be her wonderful single-only "She's A Very Lovely Woman".

6. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Wow. The NIN, Skynyrd and Queen stuff looks cool. We'll see. I still think I really might want the Queen and Bowie boxes coming soon and that would just about shoot the budget for a while :-(.

7. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Hoping to hear of a AAA reissue of DMB's Crash for RSD 2015 Black Friday.

dobyblue, FashionBoy and Vinyl_Blues like this.
  8. ginchopolis

ginchopolis Forum Resident

Are the numbers after the title the price? $112 for an LP and 3 12" singles?

Yikes.

vinyl13 and J Vanarsdale like this.
  9. jacethecrowl

jacethecrowl Forum Resident

Glad they are continuing the Kinks EPs, this is the way I want to gather the early material, and finally get "Don't You Fret" on vinyl!

Jerrre likes this.
  10. redflag

redflag Forum Resident

Only in it for the Kinks so far, but I do love the True Detective Soundtrack. Those prices are getting a bit much though. The store I go to for RSD (I'm really limited in options) already sells for more than the suggested price. All those 30 dollar LPs will probably become 50 there.

11. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

Nothing here is crossing anything off my "list" but these all look good so far. Haven't scraped the bottom of the barrel yet!

12. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I do find it odd that Bohemian Rhapsody was never a 12" single! It's length really demands it, the regular 45 suffers in fidelity due to its length.

13. mep

mep Forum Resident

High Fidelity ! Finally !

:pineapple:

vinyl13, Jim B., Szeppelin75 and 4 others like this.
  14. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Some very nice selections in that list!

15. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

What? No Led Zeppelin? :winkgrin:

steveharris likes this.
  16. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Good, nothing I want so far.

17. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I can`t afford all these releases!

mooseman likes this.
  18. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

BB King for me.

piepants likes this.
  19. No Beatles/Solo Beatles?

20. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

A real wallet saver for me thus far...

21. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

I'm in for the Les Paul and Mary Ford Christmas Cheer so far!

22. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

Definitely will pick up the School of Seven Bells 7" and possibly the Ben Harper.

23. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I'm hoping Rush would reissue their first single Not Fade Away/You Can't Fight It on one of these RSD. That would be an instant purchase for me.

24. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Has anyone seen an updated list since the one posted above?

25. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

High Fidelity-awesome!

ShawnX, mep and LavidDange like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.