Black Friday Record Store Day 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Amnesiac, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotth

scotth Forum Resident

I'm down for Jay Electric and maybe the Sonics if it's done well. No way on those prices. Not compared to any other RSD at least.

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah... how many copies of "earthling" will really be sold at 52 EUR? please.

3. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

Yeah, the Secret Machines albums (even the 3rd one without Ben) need to be reissued on vinyl. They are all currently extremely hard to find and usually command between $100 - $250.

4. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

So far, the only thing that catches my eye is the NIN release which due to demand, will probably be really pricey and be tough to get the day it's out thanks to resellers.

5. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Sonics 3xLP Etiquette box? Deal me in.

6. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

haha yeah that is ridiculous. I wouldn't pay 52 euro to see David Bowie perform live let alone for a copy of that album.

Larry Loves LPs likes this.
  7. ksuwdboots

ksuwdboots Active Member

I don't think this update/leak has been posted here yet (I saw/found it on Vinyl Collective):

*Damnation A.D. - Kingdom Of Lost Souls [LP] (White Vinyl, download, limited to 1000, indie-exclusive) Revelation Records 19€

*Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Live at the Middle East [2LP] (1900 Blue Vinyl and 100 random Red/Green Split Colored Vinyl, first time on vinyl, gatefold, indie-exclusive) Asbestos Records 37,50€

*Various Artists - Judgment Night (Soundtrack) [LP] (1900 Red Vinyl and 100 random Red/Black Split Colored Vinyl, first time on vinyl in US/first time anywhere on colored vinyl, indie-exclusive) Asbestos Records 32€

*Afghan Whigs, The - 1965 [LP] (180 Gram, Blue Vinyl, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive) ORG Music 38,50€

*Alan Parsons Project, The - Turn Of A Friendly Card: The Singles [7''] (Green Vinyl, 35th Anniversary Limited Edition, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy/Arista 18€

*Ariel Pink - Heaven Knows What (Soundtrack) [7''] (Pink Ninja-Star SHAPED Vinyl, limited to 800, indie-retail exclusive) Factory 25 22,50€

*Behemoth - Pandemonic Incantations [LP] (Gold Vinyl, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive) Metal Mind 35€

*Ben Lee - Awake Is The New Sleep [2LP] (180 Gram, first time on vinyl, 6 bonus tracks of unreleased material, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive) New West 39,50€

*Big Star - Jesus Christ [10''] (Colored Vinyl, download, limited to 2500, indie-retail exclusive Omnivore 27€

*Carl Perkins - Dance Album Of Carl Perkins [LP] (Colored Vinyl, limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive) ORG Music 33€

*Clash, The - The Clash [LP] (White And Blue Split Vinyl, numbered, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy 35€

*David Gray - A Thousand Miles Behind [2LP] (picture sleeves, download, limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive) IHT Records 38,50€

*Dictators, The - The Next Big Thing EP: Andrew W.K. 2015 Remixes & Studio Outtakes [10''] (Opaque Red Vinyl, limited to 2500, indie-retail exclusive) Razor & Tie/Real Gone Music 36€

*Earth, Wind & Fire - The Best Of Earth, Wind & Fire, Vol. 1 [LP] (Picture Disc, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy 35€

*Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream/Anything That's Part Of You [7''] (previously unreleased B-side, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy/RCA Records 12,50€

*Falco - Rock Me Amadeus / Vienna Calling [7''] (Red Vinyl, limited, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy 17,50€

*Felt - Felt 2: A Tribute To Lisa Bonet [4LP] (10 Year Anniversary Edition, Colored Vinyl, download, indie-retail exclusive) Rhymesayers 63,50€

*Funkadelic - Shake The Gate: Version Excursion [12''] (Colored Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive) The C Kunspyruhzy 26€

*Houndmouth - Sedona [7''] (Picture Disc, indie-retail exclusive) Rough Trade 19€

*Isley Brothers, The - Groove With You...Live! [2LP] (180 Gram, Blue And Gold Vinyl, gatefold, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy/Epic 55€

*Jaco Pastorius - Jaco (Soundtrack) [DVD+CD] (produced by Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo and includes RSD exclusive CD from Robert Trujillo's band Mass Mental, limited to 2000, indie-exclusive) Iron Horse 26€

*Jerry Lee Lewis - Jerry Lee Lewis [LP] (180 Gram, Colored Vinyl, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive) ORG Music 33€

*Jimi Hendrix - Burning Desire [2LP] (150 Gram Vinyl, first 5000 numbered, first time on vinyl, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy 55€

*Johnny Cash - Man In Black: Live In Demark 1971 [2LP] (Red and White Vinyl, remastered, first time on vinyl, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy 41€

*Judas Priest - Painkiller [10''] (Periwinkle Sawblade-SHAPED Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy 30€

*Leon Bridges - Louisiana Sun (From The Coming Home Sessions) [10''] (indie-retail exclusive) Columbia 21€

*Lush - Ciao! Best Of [2LP] (Red Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive) 4AD 42,50€

*Neal Hefti - Batman Theme / The Batusi [7''] (Yellow Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy/RCA Records 16,50€

*Neil Finn + Paul Kelly - Goin' Your Way (Highlights) [LP] (Translucent Yellow Vinyl, limited to 1750, indie-retail exclusive) Omnivore 28,50€

*Outkast - Stankonia [2LP] (Orange/Yellow/Purple/Black Splatter Vinyl, limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy/RCA Records 41€

*Pharcyde - Runnin' b/w Emerald Butterfly (non-LP track) [7''] (Blue/Clear Split Colored Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive) Bicycle Music 16€

*Red Sun Rising - Polyester Zeal [LP] (Orange & Black Swirl Vinyl, ''create your own cover'' with contest, indie-retail exclusive) Razor & Tie 33€

*Revolutionaries - Revolutionaries Sounds V.2 [LP] (two color silk screened jacket, ''18 x 24'' poster, indie-retail exclusive) Deeper Knowledge 31€

*Run-DMC - The Singles Collection [5x7'' Box] (picture sleeves, indie-retail exclusive) Get On Down 65€

*Schoolly-D - P.S.K. What Does It Mean? / Gucci Time [12''] (Clear & ''Schoolly D Yellow'', Deluxe 30th Anniversary, sticker sheet, liner notes, indie-retail exclusive) Get On Down 24€

*Stardeath And White Dwarfs + Casket Girls - What Keeps You Up At Night [12''] (Flaming Lips side project, B-side etching, indie-retail exclusive) Graveface Records 29€

*Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - A Legend In The Making [2LP] (Grey And White Vinyl, first time on vinyl, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy/Epic 51€

*Suicidal Tendencies - Controlled By Hatred/Feel Like ****...Deja Vu [LP] (limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive) ORG Music 38,50€

*Sword, The - High Country [2LP] (Picture Disc, gatefold, indie-retail exclusive) Razor & Tie 43€

*Tenacious D - Tenacious D Live [LP] (180 Gram, download, indie-retail exclusive) Columbia 26€

*Trespassers William - Different Stars [2LP] (first time on vinyl, download, limited to 330, indie-retail exclusive) Nettwerk 36€

*Various Artists - Garden State (Soundtrack) [2LP] (180 Gram, Orange & Yellow Ribbon Wave Vinyl, gatefold, limited/numbered to 3000, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy 48€

*Various Artists - Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (Soundtrack) [LP] (Blood Red Vinyl, feats new music from Camper Van Beethoven, Dead Kennedys East Bay Ray, etc. limited to 500, indie-retail exclusive) Phineas Atwood Produ 35€

*Various Artists - The Color Of Noise (Soundtrack) [2LP] (Colored Vinyl, limited to 2500, feats. Mudhoney, Melvins, Helmet, Unsane, etc., indie-retail exclusive) Robellion Music 42€

*Various Artists - The Transformers: The Movie (Soundtrack) [2LP] (Red And Purple Etched Vinyl, Deluxe Transforming gatefold jacket, indie-retail exclusive) Legacy/Volcano 55€

*Various Artists (ft. Jack White) - Cold Mountain (Soundtrack) [2LP] (180 Gram, first time on vinyl, numbered/limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive) ORG Music 71€

*Ween - The Pod [2LP] (limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive) Chocodog Records 42€

*Death By Stereo - Day Of The Death [LP] (Gold Vinyl, limited to 1000) Indecision Records 21€

*Farside - The Monroe Doctrine [LP] (Opaque Red Vinyl, download, limited to 1000) Revelation Records 19,50€

*Suicide File, The - Some Mistakes You Never Stop Paying For [LP] (Clear Vinyl, first time on vinyl in US, limited to 1000) Indecision Records 21€

*Suicide File, The - Twilight [LP] (Grey Vinyl, limited to 1000) Indecision Records 21€

*Turning Point - 1988-1991 [2LP+7''] (Yellow Vinyl, remastered, download, 49 tracks including unreleased tracks and demos, deluxe gatefold, limited to 1000) Think Fast Records 43€

*Unit Pride - Then And Now [LP+CD] (White Vinyl, download, limited to 500) Mankind Records 26€

*Various Artists - Our Impact Will Be Felt (A Tribute To Sick Of It All) [LP] (Kelly Green Vinyl, first time on vinyl, limited to 750) Think Fast Records 26,50€

8. fitzrik

fitzrik Forum Resident

Wow! Just look at those prices!!

9. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Wow so far Outkast is the only thing I'm interested in? That's weird.

10. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

Personally I'm a big fan of Black Friday. My wife and I save our money each year to make all our major purchases then. Every year it gets less and less good. The great deals are disappearing. Every store is starting earlier and earlier. It's getting to the point where I don't care anymore.

As to music I'm sorry to say but I find it stupid. I never see great deals on Black Friday for anything I'd care about. Record day has never interested me. I'm not really a collector. I love music I buy to play. So I don't care about purple glow in the dark 45's or 9" "special" releases of a song previously cut from an album because it didn't make the cut.

Now if I could once a year buy a cart at truly 50% below average street price or new golden lion tubes, maybe a set of new magnapans at 50% off... Well I'd be all over it. But all I see is big flyers and secret leaked info about unbelievable deals that turn out to be like 5% off MSRP on a Crowsley.

No thanks

tspit74 likes this.
  11. pigman

pigman Forum Resident

Any word on the Grateful Dead release for black Friday?

#OneOccupation likes this.
  12. pigman

pigman Forum Resident

Are there any updates on whats getting released.

13. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

It's going to be an expensive Black Friday. :pineapple:

14. CRM114

CRM114 Forum Resident

The post above has everything in Euros but I'm really hoping Ween's The Pod is available in the US. The U.K. usually has different releases.

15. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

It's funny -- I didn't realize "Bkack Friday" was a global thing. I always thought it was a US only thing since it is the day after Thanksgiving, an American holiday!

If those lists are everything that is coming out that day, there's not a single thing that interests me!

16. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Guess I'll be there checking out the same 2 artists that seem to have a release every RSD: Joan Jett and Johnny Thunders.

Sean likes this.
  17. oojavaguru

oojavaguru Forum Resident

18. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

People are still surprised that RSD is a ripoff? Really?

19. fitzrik

fitzrik Forum Resident

You're basically correct but the records find their way here and now you have the odd sale as well. Although usually by shops that have a sale every month anyway(I mean general shops, not record stores).

There are items on the list that vaguely interest me but not at those prices.

20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Winners all!

NIN

21. Witney Devil

Witney Devil Well-Known Member

I think we can blame Amazon for the spread of Black Friday as they now use the week running up to it for their annual sale. Last year we also had to contend with Universal deciding to follow a 12 days of Christmas release pattern with one of the "Black Friday" items released each day. When you live 70 miles from the neatest independent store its almost as if Universal are in league with the petrol companies.

In saying that. most of the popular releases turned up in internet based stores soon afterwards and there did not appear to be any great shortages in supply.

At the moment I only have an interest in the McCartney release.

22. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

The prices were fine at the start, (eg those Bowie 45's) but now they are out of control. The first Bowie 45 I brought (funnily enough is the rarest one too) was about $10 NZ. Then they slowly increased to $16 then the last one I saw was $20.

23. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Interesting to see this site updated. I thought the individual updating it reported on January 23 that it was his last post. Glad to see it revived again...it was my main source for RSD release info - both confirmed and rumored.

jonathan_s and Dave_B80 like this.
  24. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I'm not aware the UK has ever done a Black Friday RSD yet? It's a US thing, it meand nothing here. We don't have a black friday. What next, UK Thanksgiving?

Anyway, the retail industry in general no doubt will not miss a chance to flog more crap to people so perhaps it is here to stay in the UK. And so the record industry will thus not miss the chance to sell us some rather dubious releases at greatly inflated prices.

25. #OneOccupation

#OneOccupation Well-Known Member

Ween, hell yeah

Mister Keith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.