Black Friday Record Store Day November 24, 2017 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cake, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

Wait, so you were able to get a copy? Congratulations!

JNTEX likes this.
  2. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

ordered saturday w iggy

3. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Just ordered the Gloria Barnes online from leftover stock from a place I was just freaking at on Friday lol.

4. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

No such luck for me

5. Marc Perman

Marc Perman Forum Resident

Glasser writes that the record was originally mixed on a Nagra IVS recorder, which was used with “Nagramaster EQ,” which delivered lowered tape noise but with reduced high frequency headroom. Glasser used Plangent speed correction, digital de-emphasis with filters that eliminated phase shift, and final mastering EQ to reduce cloudiness, tighten the low end, and focus the stereo image. He might have added that the “Wall of Sound” was a bear to record properly!

bmoregnr likes this.
  6. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Raspberries Live album is soooo good. Much better than the Sunset Strip cd of years back. Great sounding live show by the best power pop band ever!

Twangy, Douglas Souders and scotti like this.
  7. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I'm really sorry to hear that. It really is a wonderful release. I've just finished listening to sides 3 & 4. Side 3 a little bit of noise in the beginning, gets better. No noise at all on side 4. I was ready to cancel my order when I read the early reviews. Glad I didn't.

e.s., Jimijam and Tommyboy like this.
  8. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

It is a wonderful release. Glad you decided not to cancel!

e.s., sberger and Jimijam like this.
  9. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Any thoughts or comments on the Gloria Barnes?

10. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I went and had a look over the long weekend but would up not purchasing anything at all this RSD go round. Nice break on the wallet after the last RSD batch of releases caused me to go a little overboard with the spending.

ODShowtime, recstar24 and Vinyl_Blues like this.
  11. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

Today I went and found one last copy of BOC Rarities so thought what the hey and snagged it, with Closer to the Heart and Chet Atkins singles.

uzn007 and scotti like this.
  12. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Wait to you hear the BOC, you got lucky getting a copy of this gem...please share your thoughts after you listen, will be firing mine up again today...one of my favorites from last Friday!

cwd likes this.
  13. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

May be this weekend before I get to it but will definitely do so and thanks for the info.cwd

14. PatMcC

PatMcC Active Member

I missed out on the Best of Muddy Waters Black Friday. Will Sundazed release it on a standard version LP.

15. fuzzbo

fuzzbo Forum Resident

16. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Still tons in the bins at the Harvard Square Newbury Comics. Picked up The Baroques, the United States of America, Turtles '66 and Tangerine Dream just because I could.

troggy, recstar24 and uzn007 like this.
  17. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

Listening to Muddy Waters right now. Excellent release and recommended if they give this a wider release and you can’t find a RSD copy. I think I heard they will be releasing it but keep an eye out for it if you’re into Muddy or some classic blues stuff.

18. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Keep an eye on eBay. Not everyone selling there is gouging. You gotta be on it fast, though.

19. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

I agree. My store didn't get The Turtles '66. I grabbed it from ebay for $24 including shipping. I calculated that if it was a $20 LP and I paid $2 sales tax.. then the ebay sale really only cost me $2. That really isn't all that high of a premium to pay. Some people on ebay aren't jacking up the prices, which is nice for those who can't get the titles they want.

20. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

My Muddy will hopefully be here tomorrow....

scotti likes this.
  21. AtlTrav

AtlTrav Forum Resident

Mine too :)

scotti and JNTEX like this.
  22. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Got my Muddy Waters that my son grabbed me in St. Louis ($24) and got to listen to the other day. First side is slightly warped (second side flat), no flutter and plays, so not that big of a deal. The sound on it is very good, very happy! To have gotten releases (that both sound great) from my two favorite blues artists at the same time on vinyl, pretty sweet indeed!

Fired back up my BOC - Rarities again yesterday and now that I have had more time to listen, this is easily the best thing I got on 11/24...this is one of my favorite releases from them and to hear them do "Steppin Razor" (written by Joe Higgs) the song Peter Tosh, Sublime, and others have covered, is pretty awesome!

uzn007 and Greenalishi like this.
  23. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

This album (BOC) just plain boogies, and made me realize: Does boogie music exist anymore in rock music? I buy plenty of new music, but nothing that boogies like this does!

scotti likes this.
  24. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

25. Fleet Fox

Fleet Fox Forum Resident

Anyone know where I can get the sundazed mono united states of america lp in Europe? I am in Ireland . thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.