Black Sabbath 2013 Tour Attendance

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Clanceman, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jochen

Jochen Forum Resident

I was at Tinley Park and it was much fuller than I thought it would be, as there were a bunch of side/obstructed seats still available the day before. When they were playing I would occasionally look back at the crowd, and it was packed.

Also, those good seats that were available a few days before the show were released late, less than a week before the show. I ended up getting my ticket (Section 103 Row T) about a month before the show, as that whole row somehow opened up on Livenation, about 10 rows better than what I got in the presale.

The show itself was incredible - if you're a Sabbath fan, you should definitely go. No complaints from me.

Clanceman likes this.
  2. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'll see you in the pit! I'll be driving from Portland, with my brother :)

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  3. Clanceman

Sort of what I was thinking. However, the three shows I've been to there, have all been sold out.

It is a journey, but a well regarded venue and setting.

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I checked again and they still show lots of good seats available.

I'll be the old guy in "The Pit". I gave up these kind of seats 15 years ago, but what the hell.

5. Clanceman

I'm 48, my brother is 45.......I'll be wearing my "Master Of Reality" cover script tshirt :)

6. Clanceman

There is no good reason for me to be found in any "pit" these days. To be this close to Black Sabbath.....is the only reason. I just couldn't pass it up. We'll have fun!

7. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Brisbane, Australia was pretty packed too (I'd say 90%)

Great show :)

8. npc145

npc145 music junkie

I haven't seen Black Sabbath in 42 years.

9. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

^ Jeez, 39 for me. What an oddly sobering thought...

10. foundthesound

foundthesound Active Member

The NJ show was sold out with lots of passionate fans. A ripper time was had.

Clanceman likes this.
  11. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

What I found odd about his DJ set was that he played the music about 5-10% faster than normal. So everything was sped up not to chipmunk-esque levels, but enough to be annoying. That's at least what happened at the Tinley Park show.

As far as attendance goes, I agree with the others at the same show that it was pretty well packed by the start of the show. Ozzy was in great vocal form (until the last few songs, but I'll take that any day).

Clanceman likes this.
  12. npc145

npc145 music junkie

It's the only time I feel my age, especially when I tell concert stories to people who weren't even born yet.

gd0 and Clanceman like this.
  13. Clanceman

This has to rank as one of the coolest posts ever.

Just a "feel good" post. So glad for you, man!

14. DreadPikathulhu

Well thanks. I didn't want to be the stand-in for middle-aged guys that want to rock, but I'm happy to do my part.

Agent57 and Clanceman like this.
  15. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Yeah, we couldn't figure that out either. My guess was he was either trying to fit as many songs as possible during his set, or perhaps some licensing issue? Not sure. Anyone else notice this at their show?

16. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Good 14,000 in Vancouver couple hours ago. They must have done well on mercy as the 8 tables were all 5 people deep and stuff was selling out before they hit the stage. Decent mercy for metal fans but nothing awesome.

Show was maybe 95 minutes tonight and a couple songs got chopped and no encore break. Weird to be filing out by 10:18. Ozzy apologized twice about his vocals "If I sing like an a$$hole tonight I'm sorry, I'm trying the best I can". Fans were very forgiving over Ozzy's hiccups(audible to everyone) and everyone left with a giant grin just thrilled to be in the same room as a tour thought impossible 2 years ago and no guarantee of a future.

Band and setlist for the tour so far is everything I hoped with the personal available.

Clanceman likes this.
  17. Lion

Lion New Member

Hi everyone. Just signed up :). I was at last nights Sabbath show here in Vancouver and SoundAdvice is pretty accurate on the attendance numbers. Percentage terms...I glanced around the whole arena and I'd say 95 - 96% sold. There were very very few seats left.

I was really hoping to hear Children of the grave and Sabbath bloody Sabbath but no go. Ozzy was having issues towards the end which may have been the reasoning. The ending was confusing cause everyone was sort hanging around wondering if the show was really over lol. No encore which was strange. Either way, I had a good time.

Clanceman and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  18. DreadPikathulhu

19. Clanceman

Welcome aboard!

Hope Oz is up for it tomorrow night, as I'm driving 5 hrs from Portland to see these legends :)

20. tedhead

tedhead Forum Resident

I went the opening night of the tour. It was packed, lawn and seats...around 16,000. I don't think Andrew WK opened because a LOT of people were running into the venue after they started. I could hear War Pigs while looking for a parking spot, and couldn't believe how early it was.

Talking to other folks after the show, we all knew Ozzy was trying his best. Even the band missed a couple of cues, but I would much rather listen to that than have them faking it to pre-recorded music. Geezer and Tony tore it up. The drummer was fine, but I miss Bill because he has that swing. Clufetos was good in a "Tommy Lee" kind of way. Technically very good, entertaining solo, but not as jazzy/funky as Bill: which is what I love about early Sabbath.

I'm very glad that the show did well. Kids, old people barely able to walk, two ladies doing sign language to the lyrics in the middle of one of the aisles...everyone having a good time. No jerks. It was the friendliest crowd I have ever seen since the Grateful Dead show back in 1988 (before those crowds got out of control in the 90s). Lots of high fives and talking to complete strangers about good times.

Clanceman likes this.
  21. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Wow! I wonder what Vegas will be like!

22. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

They did 3 shows at the biggest indoor arena here in Melbourne, so they must've sold a lot of tickets!

Clanceman likes this.
  23. Clanceman

Great place to see them. A favorite venue of mine.

24. Clanceman

PHENOMENAL show at The Gorge!

Ozzy was near perfect. Had a monitor problem on one song, so was off key momentarily. Other than that, a full set with "Paranoid" encore.

Iommi was all smiles, and along with Geezer and Tommy C.....the band was on fire.

Ozzy was better last night than in 99 on the first reunion.

jon9091 likes this.
  25. bhazen

bhazen I Am The Walrus

What was the attendance @ the Gorge? And who is Tommy C??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.