Black Sabbath Deluxe Editions January 22, 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hud, Dec 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

For '75, why combine two shows? The complete Asbury Park recorded by KBFH would make a fantastic 2CD set.

If they ever released this it would instantly become one of the greatest live albums of all time.

supernaut, Purple, izgoblin and 2 others like this.
  2. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Never said anything about combining 2 shows; I was referring to using 2 discs. My bad! But yes, it would be one of the greatest. The whole thing is already out there. But you should give the Lampinski show a listen, if you've never heard it. Chicago 75 is a good one as well, though it is incomplete.

supernaut likes this.
  3. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

Lampinski's '75 recording is another gem, for sure.

Another Lampinski gem is his recording of Providence '74. I think that with his earlier recording equipment so not as great in terms of audio quality, but the performance is just SILLY good.

supernaut likes this.
  4. sons of nothing

Yes it is. Imagine if he used the same mics. Chicago 74 is great, but one of the worst sounding ROIO from that tour. MOst of the shows from 74 were great. Hopefully there is some truth to pro recordings existing of their Australian shows. Those would be great. Imagine a pro recording of Changes!

5. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

And let's not forget Pittsburgh '74. Incomplete but a simply fantastic show.

And yeah, Chicago Stadium '74 is a distant, murky recording. Would be great to see more pro stuff see the light. These are great times for Sabbath fans. I assume you've heard the show that just surfaced on YouTube?

Electric Circus - Lausanne - Switzerland -
    April 29th 1970

RiRiIII, Turboholic, oneway23 and 2 others like this.
  6. sons of nothing

NO! wow. I'm usually on top of these things with this band. Hopefully a lossless one shows up soon. Thanks!!!!

7. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

Nothing lossless yet. I would imagine the guy who uploaded it has a full email box requesting that such be made available.

8. sons of nothing

Well, I'm sure it will show up soon. I'm sure this was intentionally put out there as trade bait, and that the whole thing is not on youtube. I wish I hade something rare to trade for it. I sent a post to a super sabbath collector. Maybe s/he can dig it up. I'm stunned to be hearing this show. It seems every few years an uncirculated/very limited show pops up.

9. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Anyone heard these yet?

10. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I still have a great bootleg dvd, looks and sounds real good.

supernaut, Grootna and sathvyre like this.
  11. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Yeah, there's a real good one out there. There was one transferred from an off-air betamax recording, which was the best version until someone took that and did a real nice job remastering it. Still, I wish they'd do an official release from the master. But then they'd probably screw that up or just release the bootleg instead of bothering to obtain the master (if they don't already have it).

sathvyre and mooseman like this.
  12. Cheli Venco

Cheli Venco Formerly Lilly Layne

What, no "Sabotage"?

13. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Who did the mastering on the 2012 versions that these are apparently cut from from the same cloth of?

14. heepsterandrey

heepsterandrey Forum Resident

Any reviews? I'm thinking of picking up the first two to compare them to the 2009 editions. I prefer Wicked World and also maybe the mastering is better.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  15. guitardiet

guitardiet Forum Resident

Would they have fixed the beginning of the Paranoid LP?

16. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

If these were done from the same sources as the earlier Deluxe Editions CD's, then there won't be a problem with "War Pigs."

17. heepsterandrey

Just got Paranoid and Black Sabbath. They're quite dynamic. I can't listen to them seriously until later tonight but I'm uploading DR readings on the loudness wars website for reference this instant. I'll do comparisons with the 2009's when I get a chance.

18. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Pop Market has a pretty good deal on these Deluxe Editions right now.

19. heepsterandrey

Ok Wicked World is a quite noticeable improvement over the 2009 edition. Doesn't sound harsh at all, and the clarity is great.

Benjy likes this.
  20. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

The 2009 used a very poor source for that song.

21. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Yes, I saw the Pop Market deal but it's hard to pull the trigger without more feedback yet. Anyone know of a current discount code at Pop Market to possibly sweeten the deal a bit?

22. heepsterandrey

Yeah it did. Pretty sure it was poorly done Vinyl rip. This new one is from tapes.

23. heepsterandrey

Paranoid is a definite improvement over the 2009. It's not compressed, it's not as bright. Planet Caravan breathes. I'm very satisfied. Compared the bass drum intro to Iron Man on both editions, they sound as if they're totally different recordings. 2009 sounds very processed.

Malina, Benjy, sonofjim and 1 other person like this.
  24. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

Are you talking vinyl or CD?

I can't believe they actually remastered these again since 2009, but w/ a vinyl edition now anything is possible. My fear is these will be mutt releases cobbling together sources.

25. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I appreciate your feedback. Paranoid is an album I discovered on a 25 cent cassette from a garage sale in the late 70's. I was raised in a conservative Lutheran community and the woman running the sale made a point of telling me I was going down the wrong path by buying her daughter's tapes(Led Zeppelin IV also 25 cents). Best 50 cents I ever spent and I still love both albums. Have you tried the extra material to see if it's worthwhile?

Omnio, Malina, Marble Index and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.