Blindspot season 4

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bachtoven, Oct 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone watch the premiere last night? I thought it was awful! They've taken a intriguing, relatively original plot and turned it into a Marvel Comics production. I may have to give up on it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the latest episode was so bad--it's gotten steadily worse each season. (Increasingly preposterous fights, worse acting, unending conspiracies, etc.) The same thing happened to "Person of Interest."

2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

3. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

This show jumped the shark some time ago. Too bad, as it was a very good show to begin with. Now it's just ridiculous. A second set of tattoos? Clearly just a idea to continue the original premise. They should have abandoned the tattoo theme as soon as the original tattoos became "solved" or "expired". Notice how the team never asks, "Wait... how did whoever designed these tats know about whatever criminal plot/scheme that the tats refer to?" In other words, if Jane's brother designed the second set of tats, how did he know about the various schemes that would play out in the future (that he had no part in)?

Once the first set of tats was exhausted, they could have set the tattoo idea aside and just have Jane as a member of the FBI team, qualifying her based on her training and past successes with the team. The show could then get their tips on whatever scheme they tackle each week from FBI intelligence instead of the steadily more absurd idea of tattoo clues, which grow more and more out-of-date as time passes (or would if the show used any logic at all).

Jaimie Alexander is still absolutely smokin' though (really the only reason I still watch).

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.