DCC Archive Blondie Remasters -- Any Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Unknown, Sep 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unknown

Unknown Guest Thread Starter

I picked up the Blondie remasters this weekend. I haven't had much time to listen to them. What I've heard doesn't sound too bad -- I didn't notice any added harshness or noise reduction. Later in the week I'll have to sit down and compare the Parallel Lines remaster with the DCC gold version. I do find the bonus tracks somewhat disappointing -- very little here I didn't already have. Plus, a few recordings that, chronologically, ought to have been on the Blondie reissue, were moved to Plastic Letters. And, oddly enough, the 12" version of Heart of Glass and the French version of Sunday Girl, were NOT included as bonus tracks on Parallel Lines. Kinda strange (even the DCC reissue had the 12" version of Heart of Glass).

2. Unknown

Unknown Guest Thread Starter

I'd be very interested to hear your opinions on the new remasters vs. DCC....

3. Mart

Mart New Member

By all means give us a review. Since DCC isn't doing a "Best of Blondie", I'd be interested if they were any good or whether they'll sound like MP3s too. I'd love to hear DCC do "Fade Away & Radiate" & "Atomic"

PLEASE RECONSIDER DCC! :D

4. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member

I picked up the remasters...every one except "The Hunter"...I mean, why ?

I think Debbie Harry is a more interesting solo songstress...if that's the name for it these days. Her official and unofficial recordings with the Crusaders (?) show her to be a surprisingly thoughtful and enjoyable jazz singer!

There are some recent recordings circulating of her with Elvis Costello, that I will be in receipt of in the next few days, and I'm very interested to hear her, stacked up against, what is to me, the most exciting Talents of our recent generation! I can imagine that their vocalizations would be interesting to hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.