Blood On The Tracks

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ben, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul L.

Paul L. New Member

Sundazed's issue of Blonde On Blonde will be the last one they do in mono.

After that, they'll put out the newer records in stereo.

Bob Irwin said in the Stereophile interview that Dylan's management asked Irwin if he wanted to do *all* of Dylan's catalog. It didn't say just up through 1966.

2. Richard Feirstein

Richard Feirstein New Member

I have asked Mr. Irwin to respectfully request from Bob's management permission to issue all of the mono/stereo masters onto an SACD since there is room for both. I'v been talking this up with the Sony SACD Team and it is possible. Bet it would be easier to get their permission to reissue everything onto 8 track.:D

3. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I agree with you that Desire is a great album, however as good as the album is one track kills the whole album for me (dumb as that may seem). By putting "Joey" on there he cheapened the album. First because he tried to duplicate Hurricane and second a requiem to a dead Mafioso, what was he thinking. There may be doubts about Rubin Carters guilt however Joey Gallo there is no doubt about Gallo. I went to his church funeral (actually as a student in the associated Catholic school we were required to attend), believe me what you saw is what you got.

By the way have you ever heard the Quad version? Some interesting mixes and an alternate version of one track (I think it was Mozembique, but I can't member right now).

4. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

One thing about both the Blood On The Tracks and Desire albums is the sense that there is substatially more on the masters than was brought out either on the vinyl or the CD. Maybe the SACD will get us closer.

5. Paul L.

Paul L. New Member

Tommytunes,

I've got the quad Desire and there is no alternate version on there of any of the songs. There are some mistakes that weren't corrected on the quad, though, that were fixed on the original stereo release.

6. Ben

Ben New Member Thread Starter

I think that Sundazed released those early Dylan albums in mono becuase that's the way they were originally produced....or, at least, Bob wanted or agreed to have them heard that way...to my knowledge there never was a mono recording of "Blood On The Tracks."

I could be wrong, though....

7. Richard Feirstein

Richard Feirstein New Member

At least not in the States.

8. Ben

Ben New Member Thread Starter

Well, I took your advice Sckott and, as usual, you know your stuff...

SV "Blood" spinning right now on the Music Hall......very sweet!

And thanks for the "sound" advice!

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.