Bloodline - New Netflix Show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molly Tune

Molly Tune Active Member

I've still got the Season 2 finale to go, but this show has totally hooked me very slowly.

I really thought the writers were treading water early on this season, but as has been said above, the slow cooking made for some juicy stew.

As for Danny, he got what he deserved, the Creep. John did the right thing protecting his family. So I hope the Rayburn 3 get away with it. But things are looking pretty grimm at this point.

I'm totally hooked!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I guess if I was going to blame anybody for John or Danny's actions at this point, I would blame Robert Rayburn. IMO, he's the kernel of all the trouble, hence the title of the series. Or maybe you could go further back then that; it seems that in the first season, Sally tells a story about Robert's dad and how abusive he was. At any rate, it's bad enough to lose a sibling/child (Sarah) in such a tragic way; but it's just as bad to force your kids to lie about the circumstances. There's no way that John, Meg, Kevin and especially Danny were going to turn out OK as adults.

3. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Amazing series. Is there something similar?

Encuentro likes this.
  4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

You could try The Affair.

5. spewey

spewey Senior Member

There's Still no decision on making a third season?

Not good.....not a good way to end this.

6. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

>>>

"Netflix’s original thriller-drama ‘Bloodline’ cancellation looms, worrying its audience with silence on the series’ renewal front. The show which wowed the critics with its first installment may not return for the third season. Apparently, financial constraints has stalled negotiations between Sony Pictures Television and Netflix.

Fans have been constantly waiting for clues, teasers, some confirmation about the coming season. But even Glenn Kessler could not give any assurance regarding “Bloodline” Season 3. “Right now we don’t know,” Morning Ledger noted Kessler’s doubt. “We hope we get picked up. It’s between the studio and the network.”

"The actors have also been surprisingly silent on the issue. John Mendelsohn a.k.a black sheep brother Danny Rayburn came back in flashes in season 2. His character ended in season 1 but his past has played an important role in directing the season’s course. Regarding Danny’s return in season 3, Mendelsohn simply said, “I’m not sure. There’s not been any solid discussions one way or the other on that, so I’m not sure.”

Most recently , the show’s assistant casting director Stacey Anderson posted in Twitter, giving fans the ultimate dread. The director shared how much she prays that “Bloodline” gets a season 3.

[​IMG]

Also, “Bloodline” fans have flooded social media with support and request messages in return. Moreover, the Kesslers believe that they have a lot of layers more to reveal in the unique noir-family drama."

Link:
    Bloodline Season 3 Renewal, Cancellation Update »

spewey likes this.
  7. Deesky

I'd like to know what that coded phrase really means. I guess it's about ratings ultimately, at least more so for Sony. Netflix normally doesn't place so much emphasis on pure ratings. They care much more about having a catalog of titles, especially if they're critically acclaimed. If I had to guess, I'd say Sony is dithering.

8. hybrid_77

hybrid_77 Forum Resident

And with good reason. The story is over. First season was great. Danny had something to do with it. Kevin, Meg and John were irritating in the second season. Miscast or sloppy writing? Too much boozing and too many f bombs. I could go on but.... Gotta finish OITNB.

9. Deesky

I totally disagree. I thought the second season was just as good as the first, and as far as the story being over - it ended on a cliffhanger! There is so much more to explore in the aftermath of the second season that a third season is a must. They could wrap it up in three, though I can see a fourth season dealing with Rayburns' life in prison! :)

10. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

It was such a cliffhanger that I didn't even know episode 10 was the last episode. Assuming there would be 13 episodes, I attempted to put on the phantom episode 11 to find out what would happen next. Imagine my disappointment when I scrolled to the bottom of the episode list to discover that the season was over.

Deesky likes this.
  11. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Whatever the issue is, I hope Netflix can at least give us a few episodes to tie everything together-even if it's a short season like the final season of The Killing, I'd be ok with that. To end it like this? Not good at all.

12. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Very frustrating

13. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Is it binge worthy

14. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

No he's one of my favs on this show and if you haven't seen the rest of the season he gets better

15. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

If you were trying to watch on a PC then use Google Chrome. Netflix is moving away from Silverlight. You can read the whole article for more info.

"If you want to go one step further, you could just ditch Silverlight entirely. While the protocol is useful for watching Netflix and Amazon Video on most browsers, Google Chrome does not require Silverlight to run either one of the popular video streaming services. Unless you're a developer, there's likely nothing else for which you use Silverlight on a regular basis."

Watch Netflix in a Browser? Update Silverlight »

"The Silverlight vulnerability itself, which was given the ID CVE-2016-0034 (rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?) can affect both Windows PCs and Macs. By convincing a user to visit a website infected with the Angler exploit kit, a hacker could use the Silverlight vulnerability to compromise the user's Web browser and infect the user's computer."

16. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

So I assumed you finished it, what did you think, great show - I wish there was more discussion around here about it

17. Deesky

I watched it on the weekly release basis, so didn't have the binge-watching experience, but I would say yes it is. Any dense, character driven, serialized show (especially with multiple points of view) works better when you can devote large chunks of time to it, as you tend to appreciate the continuity and the narrative nuances better.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  18. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

After a while I was glad to see Danny killed off, I didn't like him. Also I found the trio of Meg John and Kevin to be quite satisfying

19. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

More than anyone the character of Kevin grows. I love the end of season 2 episode

GodShifter likes this.
  20. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

I agree with all of this. Danny showing up at the inn after John thought he had surely been killed had to be the last straw for John. John knows he needs to do something once in for all, a last ditch effort to get rid of Danny one way or the other. He simply gets so frustrated with him at the beach like he realizes Danny will always be causing problems for the family. Exact scenario in the final episode of season two as well

Encuentro likes this.
  21. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Kevin and his father are the two Rayburns I wasn't particularly fond of. I can find redeeming value in the other principle characters including Danny. Danny stepped way over the line when he threatened John's daughter, but I feel that he was given a very bad break in life. Sarah's death was an accident that Robert was never able to forgive. The Rayburns treated Danny like garbage throughout his entire life.

Barnabas Collins and Deesky like this.
  22. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

im not sure how Danny threatened Janie, John was convinced of it but I think he just meant to mess with johns head

23. Deesky

That's a distinction without a difference, IMO.

Encuentro likes this.
  24. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Do you mean that either way it didn't matter? True but John continually gets on Danny about this 'threat', maybe I just don't agree with johns take on it

25. Deesky

No, I mean even if Danny was just 'messing with his head', it was still perceived as a threat, which is all that matters. But, I don't think that he was just messing, I took it to be a clear and deliberate threat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.