Bloodline - New Netflix Show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zambon12

zambon12 Active Member

Bloodline Season 3 is expected to premiere on Netflix this July. I need to re wacth season 2 to get ready for this.

There are many questions to be solved, its a shame its gonna be the last season, it had potencial to become something bigger.

2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

I agree, but the way things are trending, the only way they could have another season after the third, is if it's set in prison, after they all get caught in this coming season!

zambon12 likes this.
  3. zambon12

zambon12 Active Member

Who knows, maybe they all could be sent to the Prision Break cast :D

GodShifter and Deesky like this.
  4. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I'm almost finished with Season 2. I think it's really good. I didn't find out until last night that Season 3 will be the last! Bummer. But hopefully Season 3 is a barn burner. It's a really good show. Not Breaking Bad good, in my opinion, but still really good. Beau Bridges in his best role ever as far as I can tell.

I love how after Kevin expresses some hesitation with the Bridges character, but hands him the signed agreement anyway and then offers a hand shake, Bridges slaps his hand away with the folder. You know right there things are going to go south fairly quick. And then Bridges' heavies show up to the boatyard on their way to certainly no good....

bababooey likes this.
  5. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

great show.

I believe Season 3 is only a few episodes to tie up loose ends.

6. Deesky

Really? I haven't heard that. Why would they do that? - the seasons are short enough as they are. And it would make the property less valuable. I hope this isn't the case.

amoergosum likes this.
  7. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

According to Variety, the show will stop after 3 seasons, however Season 3 has been increased to 10 episodes (up from 6 as originally intended).

amoergosum likes this.
  8. Deesky

Confused. That appears to be the opposite to your previous comment about season 3 having just a few episodes???

amoergosum likes this.
  9. Deesky

Netflix has confirmed that the final season of 10 eps will be available May 26. Here is the trailer:

10. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I really love this show. I recommend it to a friend during season one and he watched an episode. I later asked him how he liked it. His reply was, "where do the vampires show up??" :rolleyes:

Brenald79, Deesky and Encuentro like this.
  11. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

12. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I recommended Bloodline to two people who loved Damages and they both hated it and lasted 1 episode lol. One of them described it as "just a lot arguing between family members."

GodShifter likes this.
  13. Deesky

It's that time...season 3!

GodShifter, Brenald79, jriems and 3 others like this.
  14. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

I'm still not over the shocker at the end of season 2! Never saw that coming.

My expectations for 3 are low, I think the story is kind of played out at this point; still I'm looking forward to it, if at least to see the fallout from last season.

15. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I watched the first episode of s3 and I can say, so far, it hasn't lost a bit of its tension or drama. The only problem I'm having is remembering the plot lines at the very end about what was said and done. I might need to rewatch the last episode of season 2 as a refresher.

Humbuster, Deesky, Brenald79 and 2 others like this.
  16. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

I'm gonna binge watch this show, knowing nothing about the show, before 'House of Cards' comes on. One reason, Carlos Navarro (a cast member on the Orlando radio show 'Monsters In The Morning'). He had a bit part on 'Walking Dead' this season. Just cool to see someone local (well 45 miles away) start to make it big.

17. Deesky

Oh, no it's not!

I recommend re-watching the last ep of season 2, as I did, to fully get up to speed, as the first ep of season 3 begins where S2 left off.

I've seen the first two eps so far and the tension just keeps building. I couldn't have predicted the direction the show has taken, and that's a very good thing! Damn, if the rest of the season maintains this quality, it will be a truly remarkable series.

GodShifter likes this.
  18. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

Agreed, I saw the first episode last night, it was very good, loved the dark, boozy atmosphere; what's going to happen when the sun comes up?

19. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I really liked the first two episodes of S3. I'm actually bummed I'm already 1/5 done with it, so I'm going to pace myself.

I'm sort of reminded of the last seasons of the Sopranos and Breaking Bad--to this point, the main characters all have engaged in awful behavior over a long period of time such that there is really no one to root for, and now I feel it's time for the story to end.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    GodShifter likes this.
  20. Deesky

Up to ep 6 so far. The first three or so eps have been a rollercoaster, but the next one or two were slower, even a little draggy at times. But I don't mean to be too critical because there were still so many developments and escalations to keep one engaged. Ep6 picks up the pace again with the trial. Can't wait to see the rest...

GodShifter likes this.
  21. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I tend to agree that some of the episodes have dragged. I think one of the problems is that Linda Cardellini is gone for an extended period of time, there's no Ben Mendolsohn this time (who was a very interesting character) so the focus is on John and Kevin and to a lesser extent, Sally. This season just doesn't have as many working parts as the other two and it's suffering a bit because of it. I'm still interested though and can't wait to see how it ends.

22. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

Great season so far. I'm half way through episode 4 and it has skipped on six months. It hasn't officially said so but I take it John has split with his wife?? Doesn't really give any reason as to why?

23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I'm at the same part at the start of ep4. I guess they split. Maybe it's explained later in flashbacks.

Anyone know why this show is ending after 3 seasons?

BLUESJAZZMAN likes this.
  24. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Poor viewership and the fact that Florida cut the cord in terms of tax breaks for shooting in the Keys.

John and Diana split because she figures out that John murdered Danny and orders him to get out of the house. Things fall apart further from there.

Finished the season and I'm deeply saddened that it's come to an end. I would love further development of this series. A bit surprised that Cardellini was in so little of this. Very Chandler heavy for this last season but he did a terrific job.

Deesky likes this.
  25. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Surprised to hear ratings are poor. I thought it was one of the best current crime/drama shows. None of the people I've recommended it to like it or give it a chance. I don't see how it's not more popular. Sad as well it's finished.

GodShifter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.