Blu-rays and resume functions

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Joel1963, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Well, this set doesn't have it, and others that bought the UK set are saying the same. You stop it, you've lost your place.

2. Myke

The China Syndrome - just released - NO Java !?!?! I've got to see which chapter I'm on, before stopping.

3. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Is there anyway to tell if a disc has no Java or has the Resume feature authored in it? Having Resume programmed in is becoming increasingly more common.

4. Myke

Other than stopping it, then pressing play, no, no way to know that I know of.

5. There is a way on the Sony PS3. If you can pause it with the X button, there is no BD-JAVA on that disc.

6. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

OK, but I've never had a PS3. I have a variety of Java-free BD's from the early days of the format. BD's ought to be clearly marked if they have the Resume function so that you don't have to experiment to find out.

7. Abbey Road

Abbey Road Well-Known Member

Java requires a load screen, which is usually an animated icon of some sort (generally specific to the disc).

8. albert_m

albert_m Forum Resident

This is a very frustrating. This was pretty standard with DVD. To have a "better" technology not have it is very annoying. Having a small child, I often to don't get to finish a movie. Any time I watch a Bond movie and stop it I need to remember where it was...

9. The studios had big dreams when the format was introduced about all kinds of gimmicky interactivity as you watch the movie. When they realized interactive programming costs real money and most people had no intention of answering trivia while they watched a movie, it was quickly abandoned. That is why BD-JAVA was ever used in the first place. Unfortunately, we lost the ability to resume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.