Blue Öyster Cult - Boxset Remasters 2012 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

2. heepsterandrey

heepsterandrey Forum Resident

I've been waiting for this all year man!

3. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

I would definitely be in for this in spite of the fact that I already have many of the remasters, but I'm betting this will be the only way to get stuff like Cultosaurus, Mirrors, Fire, etc.

I hate how Sony has to ruin the artwork by putting those white borders around the covers - totally obnoxious.

4. heepsterandrey

they do that for all CDs? I saw that they did that to the Mahavishnu Orchestra set but I though it was the only one.

5. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

I'm in.

6. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

All of the ones that I've seen pics of are like that. I would be surprised if this one is any different. Go to the Popmarket website if you want to see what I mean.

Does anyone know if Vic Anesini did the remasters?

7. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

The Anesini remasters are very good but if this is all inclusive for the Columbia output I am in.

These guys were always one of my favourites during the "black and white years".

8. 905

905 Senior Member

I'll start saving now. I hope it comes out in October, BOC goes well with fall weather.

9. heepsterandrey

I saw them, not all are like that. The Judas Priest set is good looking. I asked Eric Bloom about this box set a few months back, at the time he said he wasn't sure if the albums would be remastered. I don't know if that's changed now. I hope Vic Anesini does remaster them though. Those albums deserve to be remastered.

10. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

Oh, so this isn't about Boards of Canada? Bummer.

11. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Finally! Best reissue news of the year... I am all over this.

12. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

I would assume that the entire Columbia output would be included since that is how Sony has handled all of the other boxes.

It seems to me that Anesini would do these since he did the others, but then again you would know a lot more about how these things work than I would.

13. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

Yeah, that would totally blow if this was just an attempt by Sony to get rid of all their existing stock.

14. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Awesome!

15. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I'm in. I've been waiting for the rest of the remasters.

16. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Is this is going to be a Popmarket Complete Albums set? If so they usually only remaster the ones that were never remastered so I wouldn't expect new remasters for those core albums.

17. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

That's what concerns me. The link to Eric Bloom's Facebook page says they are remastered, but who's to say if that's truly the case.

18. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Dammit, I thought this was going to be a Boards of Canada boxset and reissue program!

19. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

That joke was previously used in post 10.

20. ReadySteady

ReadySteady Custom Title

And it wasn't funny then, either.

DHamilton likes this.
  21. heepsterandrey

Well at least we'll have a few songs about the Canadian border. It's alright!

22. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

I had to google Boards of Canada. Does that mean I lose my cool credentials?

23. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

So for now we've got masters of unknown origin. I hope they fill us in soon about what's going to be in the box.

This is good for me. All the BOC I have on CD are the original releases, except for their first album which is a remaster. So a box set shouldn't cause me to double up much on identical masters.

24. heepsterandrey

That isn't Eric Bloom's facebook. That's a fanpage, just so you guys know. So maybe this news isn't too accurate.

25. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

Thanks! I didn't even notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.