Bluetooth rear ceiling speakers?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by head_unit, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member Thread Starter

At my brother's place, it would be insanely difficult to wire rear speakers, since you'd have to drill through umpteen studs or something and there is a second floor right above. That is NOT going to happen, no matter how much better a wired connection is.

However, he does have in-ceiling lights, and he is wondering about replacing them with Bluetooth speakers. I've seen one Feit LED replacement downlight with a little speaker in it, and I'm wondering what else is out there. Alternatively, a Bluetooth powered ceiling speaker separate from the light...but somehow the power has to get stolen from the light (the speakers could be mounted next to the light, within the same studs, but safely wiring this would be the next question).

2. head_unit

No such thing?

3. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

Since you mention "rear speakers" you're implying as surround system. I could be wrong, and frequently am, Bluetooth has not implemented a 5.1 standard.

4. head_unit

Well, there is a stereo standard, right? So you could feed 2 rear channels into that, since it would only be the rears which are Bluetooth. Or some other wireless for that matter.

5. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.