BMG Buy 1, Get 3 Free, expiry 9/11

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Manos, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manos

Manos Forum Resident Thread Starter

"To get the Buy 1, Get 3 Free offer, enter the promotion code "SE06CR12" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click 'apply.' But hurry! Offer is only good until 9/11/06!"

2. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

Free shipping?

3. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Sorry - but this is no bargain - its just business as usual for BMG Music Sevice.

You are better off at yourmusic for single discs and BMG Music Service only for multiple discs during their 60-66% off sales with no s&h.

4. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

It's good to know this code when you need to fullfill your membership. (Buy 1, get 12 free deals)

5. heaudio

heaudio New Member

I keep an eye out for BMG "Buy 1 at regualr price, take all you want at $1.99" sales; they happen a few times a year. With shipping and tax you wind up paying $5-6 per disc for the $1.99 ones. Be careful, though-- they charge the most expensive CD as your "regular price" selection, and if it's a double or box set you can really get stung.

6. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

It's gonna be pretty hard for anyone to beat yourmusic.com.

I looked around the BMG site. Not too much special. And the regular club price: $14.98 and up? Plus shipping? And I have to join to buy anything.

no thanks.

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Not so hard...Twice in the past year, they've had codes that resulted in all single discs @$1.99 (doubles at $3.98), FREE SHIPPING. Picked up a few hundred discs during those sales.

Kwad

8. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Never heard of such a code/sale..:confused:

9. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

well THAT sounds interesting.

but do I have to join the BMG club to get that price?

10. heaudio

heaudio New Member

Me neither, and I've been with them for years. Usually the "free shipping and handling" deals avearge out to $7-8 per CD. I'd be REAL interested in hearing about it the next time you see one of those come up, Kwad!

11. Manos

The best place for single discs is yourmusic.com, or clearance titles at BMG, like Bob Dylan's Love and Theft for $1.99 plus shipping. The best BMG sales for double discs are the 65% or 2/3 off with free shipping. The best BMG sales for single discs are the buy-one-get-four-free, or the more common buy-one-get-three-free. These do not include free shipping.

Some box sets are priced quite nicely at BMG, and don't last long, like the recent Oscar Peterson Dimensions: A Compendium Of The Pablo Years box for $9.98 plus about $9 shipping. I have used all of these promotions for various reasons, so I like to let others know when they're available. Don't feel obligated to use them if they don't suit you.

I am a member for about 13 years, and have never seen the offer Kwad described.

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They've had this offer ($1.99/disc, free shipping) four times that I know of: Twice about four years ago, and then again twice this year. The deals four years ago were easy: You entered the code and you got the deal (specified as such in the banner). The deals lately have been a bit odder: You enter the code, which is supposed to just give free shipping, and somehow (and unexpectedly) the price of each disc ALSO drops to $1.99...

Kwad

13. heaudio

heaudio New Member

You'll do better with "Buy one at regular price, take all you want for $1.99"-- provided, of course, that "all you want" comes out to more than two or three. With tax and shipping, a $1.99 CD winds up costing about $6, whereas buying one and taking three (or four) free will cost more per disc.

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Incidentally, and most of you have probably never discovered this, but "all you want" tops out at 64, after which the website won't allow you to add more selections to your order.

Also, the maximum number of "music points" you can accumulate is 999, after which they just disappear (which kind of sucks, actually...)

Kwad

15. Manos

By my math, and ignoring sales tax, which varies by location, if you're buying five CD's using the buy-one-get-four-free promotion, the cost per disc is $6.59. Using the buy-one-get-unlimited-$1.99 promotion, the cost per disc is $8.18. It's only if you buy 10 discs or more that the cost per disc of the 'unlimited' sale drops below $6.59.

16. heaudio

heaudio New Member

Kind of hard to "ignore" the tax, though-- since it's levied on the full price of the CD, it rivals the S&H as an added cost. Even so, how do you not order more than ten? :)

17. heaudio

heaudio New Member

"All you want" is indeed unlimited-- but you have to fax your order to Deb Ramsey in the large order department. My biggest order was slightly more than 300 CDs.

18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yes, OK, I've sent orders to Deborah as well. But most people wouldn't have a clue about that.

Kwad

19. heaudio

heaudio New Member

So... the best thing to do is to tell them it's not possible? :confused:

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

What I said is that the website tops out at 64, after which you can't add more. Tell me what part of that statement is not true? Yes, you can exceed 64 selections IF you know the ONE PERSON at BMG who can place your order by hand. But their system isn't set up for that. You have to go through that one person and your order must then get approved by higher management. (Also note that as of this year they won't fill orders they feel are being placed for resale).

21. heaudio

heaudio New Member

The impression given was that "unlimited" isn't really that. All I did was to inform those who didn't know just how to get unlimited CDs for $1.99, which you apparently already knew but chose not to share. Whatever....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.