Bob Dylan Album, "Fallen Angels" (05/20/2016) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dark Horse 77, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It came in around 20% or something of the issues of the monthly members magazine. My copy didn't have one.

joeislive likes this.
  2. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

I wish they just released it in the sleeve so the box owners could slip it in. It's not like we'd be losing out on a booklet or anything.

3. I Walk Like A Panther

I Walk Like A Panther Forum Resident

That really is the trick. Late at night, alone, a drink.

4. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

Try a Jack Daniels or two! :agree:

5. dylankicks

dylankicks Forum Resident

I am especially looking forward to Bob's spin on "Young At Heart" and "All The Way," two of my favorite songs from that era.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  6. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Id agree that Shadows and this new one are good to listen to late at night. Cant argue there. Hey, Im glad he did these; just ready for something from his own pen.

dylankicks likes this.
  7. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Frank's brand, good idea. :cheers:
    [​IMG]

8. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

It was reported that Bob Dylan was recording other covers in 2016. This is Bob Dylan at 75. This means that Bob is really in these covers. This means that Bob Dylan isn't writing new songs or he doesn't want to record them. There's nothing that you can change about that.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  9. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

Agreed, but I'm still disappointing, and for an artist with so much great material behind him, I would like his last albums to be reasonably good and to reflect him as an artist. I'm not expecting another Blonde on Blonde, but out of respect for him I don't want people to say his last few albums were OK out of politeness.

10. philly67

philly67 Forum Resident

But these albums DO reflect him as an artist, maybe not the particular one you want at the moment is all. And i'm pretty sure that he (even more than myself) doesn't care what people say at the end of the day about whatever his last two albums are as much as he did his first two. It's about as gutsy a move as he could make, and that's what an artist should really do. Not trying to provoke an attack with you, believe me, but IF this is his last effort, it sure beats the hell outta some Duets album or Bob Sings Beiber nudge from the label!

Lonson and Heart of Gold like this.
  11. How of his records have been covers ? 5?

12. It seems his last great album will be Christmas In The Heartland. Go figure.

13. minibreakfast

minibreakfast Forum Resident

I did this too! I'm in the UK though, so had to buy one through discogs. I must be crazy.

14. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Dylan has written enough songs for several lifetimes so I have a hard time sharing the disapointment over yet another covers-album.
    I really enjoy Shadows-Bobs best singing in years and stellar arrangements. More of this won t certanely do any harm. At least not for me

15. qwerty

Yes, I do agree that these albums do reflect the Dylan that does what he wants irrespective of what people like me may prefer. No attack detected, but the idea you planted of a Dylan Duets (Celine Dion, Streisand, and an Idol wannabe or two) or a Bob Sings Beiber into my mind is enough to give me PTSD.

16. philly67

philly67 Forum Resident

Ha ha ha....oh man, sorry about that. That is a lot nastier looking in the morning light than when i typed it in the evening!

qwerty likes this.
  17. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I hear his next album is with Steve Martin. It will be called "Bluegrass Is Not Sinatra".

Bob will be the one in the bunny ears.

18. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

With the fake arrow through his head :D

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  19. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Bob said he had a bunch of songs written for a new "religious" album before he decided to go with Tempest. I'd like to hear THOSE songs...

20. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

You can bet that of all the artists, Bob has a **** ton of songs stuffed in his old dusty desk.

21. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

22. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

I watched eBay for a few months and finally found one. No AARP logo or anything. Just a nice official slim cardboard case with artwork. It doesn't have the album name and artist on the seem so it doesn't match the Collection CDs but it is exactly the same size and fits.

Let's hope a promo card version of Fallen Angels comes in the vinyl LP like other releases.

23. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

Hmm, interesting enough I guess, though I’d much rather hear some new music – old Blue Eyes’ standards done with a shot voice hardly thrills me...

24. qwerty

Can you please tell me what the "AARP cardboard sleeve version of Shadows" is?

25. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

DmitriKaramazov and qwerty like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.