Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

'Twould be nice, but I don't have much hope.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  2. mgb70

mgb70 Senior Member

According to USPS Tracking...Delivered!

HominyRhodes likes this.
  3. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Are any of you Twitter users? I was once on a plane - delayed for takeoff on the ground for >1hr - when I overheard the people behind me bitching. They tweeted and had a response from Southwest Air within minutes, apologizing and telling them to make contact when they landed for some sort of accommodation, iirc.

Perhaps a deluge of tweets to Sony, BobDylan, Sandbag, DHL would cause a stir?

redsock and HominyRhodes like this.
  4. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Please open it HR. We need to know one way or the other...

HominyRhodes likes this.
  5. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Got mine today and everything seems to be in great shape.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  6. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident Thread Starter

Oh, allllllright, to ease your mind :) -- I opened it. It was bubble-wrapped and taped, with the SD discs included, but only a loose extra sheet of bubble-wrap surrounding it. It looks factory fresh, no bumps or bruises. I'm leaving the shrinkwrap on for the time being, and see if @mrjinks planned twitter firestorm erupts...

:-popcorn:

7. Tom Schreck

Sorry to ask a redundant question, but who's the best person/email address at Sandbag to complain to about the ship time? I was waiting to weigh in until I had box in hand, in case it was damaged, but the time has come for me to reach out regardless. Thank you.

8. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Praise the Lord!

If you do open it I strongly recommend cutting the shrink wrap out like a letter box just enough to extract the books. Looks like the the surface of the box, like the books themselves, could get pretty grubby with the matte finish that has been used.

"His clothes are dirty but his hands are clean."

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    HominyRhodes likes this.
  9. Jack

Jack Senior Member

They don't really care at this point.

10. AheadByEcho

AheadByEcho Forum Resident

If you want to tweet about the lack of support here are the names:
    Sandbag = @SandbagLTD
    bobdylan.com = @bobdylan
    Sony = @sony
    DHL = for the US: @DHLUSHelp, for UK: @DHLexpressuk (I don't find a twitter address for Europe and I'm not sure the UK address I've provided is actually a 'help' link, but I'm guessing they will respond just the same.)

mrjinks and HominyRhodes like this.
  11. HominyRhodes

[email protected]

and

NICOLA HARRIS, operations manager
    [email protected]

MS. MEL MAXWELL, director
    [email protected]

Tom Schreck and DeeThomaz like this.
  12. HominyRhodes

Right on.:righton:

mrjinks likes this.
  13. AheadByEcho

AheadByEcho Forum Resident

I've fired off a couple of tweets (my name on twitter is @AheadByEcho and I have the same avatar there as here):

How many people out there are still waiting on the new Dylan box to be delivered from @SandbagLTD, @bobdylan @sony and @DHLUSHelp? It's 11 days and counting...

Seems that more than a few of those new Dylan boxes are still missing in action from @SandbagLTD, @bobdylan, @sony and DHL (@DHLUSHelp)

HominyRhodes likes this.
  14. HominyRhodes

Yes, it sure does seem that more than a few of those new Dylan boxes are still missing in action from @SandbagLTD, @bobdylan, @sony and DHL (@DHLUSHelp)

15. rod

rod Senior Member

Mine arrived this afternoon. The return address of the sender who shipped it "Parcel Select" was (maybe they're the source of the shipping problem):
    OneLive Fullfillment [sic]
    OneLive Fulfillment
    9201 Brown Ln
    Bldg #152
    Austin TX 78754

HominyRhodes likes this.
  16. Tom Schreck

HominyRhodes likes this.
  17. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Ahh, come on! We want to see your bitching in all its glory!

Electric Sydney and HominyRhodes like this.
  18. Tom Schreck

Okay then. By request:

Greetings —

From what I’ve been gathering in the online discussions surrounding the Bob Dylan Trouble No More box set, there has been quite a bit of disappointment from fans regarding the shipment of our deluxe edition sets with the bonus San Diego concert. I would like to add my name as an unsatisfied customer and outline my story thus far.

I ordered the deluxe CD set from BobDylan.com on September 20, and received a confirmation immediately. My order number was listed as XXX. I selected USPS Priority Mail shipping.

Perhaps naively, I admit, I expected to receive this set in Nashville at my office on the release date — I mean, we all pre-ordered, for goodness sakes (I expected some planning before 11/03 to be able to get the set in my vicinity by 11/02. This obviously didn’t happen). It didn’t come that day, but late in the afternoon on 11/03 I received a shipping confirmation email. I was disappointed that I wouldn’t be receiving it on the release date, but I was encouraged that SOMETHING was happening.

My tracking number was XXX, given to me in the email on 11/03, but the USPS tracking site didn’t even acknowledge that number until 11/06. That is when I learned that DHL had custody of my package at the time. If any actual “shipment” happened on 11/03, I don’t know about it. (In other words, the “shipping confirmation” email on 11/03 was a lie). The first USPS tracking that shows up is 11/06 at 10:08 p.m.: “Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, Houston, TX, USPS Awaiting Item." And then one more, 11/07 at 4:49 a.m.: “Departed Shipping Partner Facility, Houston, TX, USPS Awaiting Item.” That is the last update on the USPS site. This was now nearly a week ago.

Now, if I go to DHL’s eCommerce tracking (which I had to find online myself), I can use that same tracking number, and it tells a slightly different story:

==============================
    ===================
    • Nov 10, 2017
    • 3:29AM CT
    Memphis, TN, US
    TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER

• 12:40AM CT
    Memphis, TN, US
    ARRIVAL DESTINATION DHL ECOMMERCE FACILITY

• Nov 7, 2017
    • 4:49AM CT
    Houston, TX, US
    DEPARTURE ORIGIN DHL ECOMMERCE FACILITY

• Nov 6, 2017
    • 10:57PM CT
    Houston, TX, US
    PROCESSED

• 10:08PM CT
    Houston, TX, US
    ARRIVAL AT DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER

• 2:50PM CDT
    EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER

• 2:30PM CDT
    ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION RECEIVED: YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN PROCESSED AND TRACKING WILL BE UPDATED SOON
    ============================================

So, that means that DHL’s tracking indicates they have “tendered to delivery service provider” in Memphis on 11/10 — this is 3.5 full days ago. But, I reiterate, there is STILL no movement on the USPS tracking site.

So who has my package? USPS or DHL? Is it in Memphis? Nashville? Still in Houston? I have no way to know this for sure, because the USPS tracking shows no movement since 11/07, and no indication that USPS has ever received the package.

Frankly, I am upset. If left to their own devices, USPS Priority Mail would never have taken 7+ days to get a package from Houston to Nashville. I believe that DHL being involved has been the main problem here, but I also believe Sandbag is to blame for the fiasco that has unfolded.

I spent a large amount of money on a premium item. I expected a reasonable amount of efficiency. I expected forthright customer service, rather than dishonesty (e.g. a “shipment confirmation” on 11/03, when really it didn’t ship anywhere ’til 11/06). I also expected tracking that gives me usable and current information, which is not what is being provided. But most of all, I selected USPS Priority Mail shipping, and that is not what happened here — a situation that could be tantamount to fraud in some people’s eyes.

I imagine it’s possible I will get my package tomorrow in Nashville, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen at all. As far as I know, this package is forever lost and there is nothing I can do about it except explain the situation to you and eventually ask for a replacement.

How do you suggest we proceed? I do ask for my shipping fees to be refunded, but that seems like small recompense for the stress and disappointment this ordeal has caused me and my fellow Bob Dylan super-fans. This level of customer service is embarrassing, and I hope you have learned from the misfires here and will find a way to make it up to the Dylan community in the future.

If there is anything else you can do, or any further information I can provide you, please let me know.

Sincerely,
    Thomas D. Schreck

19. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

"Naive" can't be described to anyone who expected this set in a reasonable timeframe. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Tom Schreck and HominyRhodes like this.
  20. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Well my package is moving again. Its been sitting in Secaucus NJ since Friday. Now it’s in CT. Too bad I live in NY. The saga continues.......

HominyRhodes likes this.
  21. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

Another day down. Nothing in the late afternoon delivery. No change in the tracking information since last Thursday morning.

L.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  22. mesfen

mesfen Senior Member

Ordered 2 got 1!! Got a complaint in at the site

HominyRhodes likes this.
  23. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Here is the tracking update I just got from USPS:

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 3:12 pm on November 13, 2017 in REDDING, CT. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect.

What a well oiled machine.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  24. JMGuerr

JMGuerr Forum Resident

Ordered a Dylan book + CD box set from ebay on Nov. 8 (seller located not in Bulgaria, but France), received it today....3 business days.

vegard martinsen likes this.
  25. redsock

redsock Writer, reader, grouch.

How could it become a PR issue?
    Maybe it's time to start sending complaints to Sony via Twitter and/or Facebook - that is certainly more public than this forum.

EDIT: Did not see the last page of replies before this post. Now I see others had the same idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.