Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Box up your Sinatra at Capitol collection and send it over, Tribute.
    I'll shop around for the same editions until match it label to label.
    Replicate your collection then send your vinyl back to you.

Seriously ... the Brits seem to be the only one's selling sealed copies of The Witmark Demos and The Original Mono Recordings on vinyl. I may have to postpone buying those until the next go-round.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Richard--W

Do I want British pressings?
    Are they the same as USA editions?

3. Bob M.

Bob M. Forum Resident

Nice job! I remember when I finally bought Bootleg series 1-3 (original 1991 import from Holland) for $300 it was announced about a month later that that the reissue would be available worldwide. I do love the original & it was cut from analog masters when possible & it sounds great but I'm still holding out for BS Volume 5 to get the same treatment. At least I've avoided temptation of dropping $400 so far ;-)

Richard--W likes this.
  4. Richard--W

If I had $400 left and no other Bootleg Series sets to buy I'd probably drop it on BS 5 The Rolling Thunder Revue. I spent two entire days shopping online and in local stores for the best deals on the original pressings in new sealed condition. At this late stage I won't be able to get a few sets unless I pay high prices, and whether or not I pay the high prices depends on how I get things arranged in the home expenses. I must be out of my mind to collect vinyl again. But I cleared 18 inches of shelf space, so ....

Just added the vinyl set Side Tracks for $32, and the vinyl single Duquesne Whistle for $10. with the alternate take of "Meet Me In the Morning" on the B side. If it weren't for the song from Blood On the Tracks I'd have passed on it.

Of course, I have no intention of opening them until I find the right speakers. The speakers are everything. I haven't even started on that yet. I want Bob Furmanek's speakers.

DmitriKaramazov and Bob M. like this.
  5. RoyalPineapple

RoyalPineapple It ain't me in the photo, babe.

The film is on BBC4 tonight at 10 o'clock.

Almost Simon likes this.
  6. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Unless you plan on keeping them sealed, I would not pay more than a 10% premium for sealed. My A/B testing of many "modern" (post CD era) Dylan vinyl with the same on CD found no significant difference from the CD editions.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  7. savemenow

savemenow Forum Resident

I see the Box is still for sale on BD.com with the 2 exclusive CDs. I thought there were only 5000 available when this was released, and remember that when you entered your "quantity" in the field when purchasing, the "number remaining available" popped up. I remember seeing the "number remaining" in the low 2000s at one point. This is no longer the case. In fact, if you enter 5000 in the quantity field, it accepts that amount (I obviously did not follow thru and purchase 5k copies). My questions are:

1. Did Columbia make more than 5000 available? or
    2. Have they not yet sold 5000?

Just curious...

8. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

I think they updated the system so you are not prevented for placing an order regardless of how many copies exist. I don't think there is any chance they have sold $5000 copies of a box set with 20 versions of slow train coming.

savemenow likes this.
  9. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

My guess is that the deluxe box was not absolutely limited to 5,000 copies. It is more likely that it is limited to how many copies they can sell within a time frame that may change depending on sales patterns.

10. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

jumpinjulian likes this.
  11. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Sean Murdock likes this.
  12. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Hoping for a similar drop available in the US!

13. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Bonddm and CBackley like this.
  14. Tony LeMesmer

Tony LeMesmer Forum Resident

Shame they don't ship to the UK.

15. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

16. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

I've been on the fence with regard to picking up this box set but Amazon dropped the price of this to $91.56 today which prompted me to add it to the list of box sets I have picked up this fall...

Sean Murdock and Richard--W like this.
  17. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I've been waiting for a price drop. Thanks!!

18. Tony LeMesmer

Tony LeMesmer Forum Resident

I ordered this big one earlier from Amazon.co.uk for £16.00. Pricing error. It says its despatched. Lets see what turns up...

timnor likes this.
  19. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.