Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbo3688

jimbo3688 Forum Resident

I'm sticking with my bd.com order - I will not reconsider. As far as I'm concerned that $185 has already been spent.

2. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident Thread Starter

+1 :righton:

To update my own order: A very cordial and helpful Sandbag team member responded to an email I sent the other day, and FINALLY provided me with an order confirmation number and an actual screenshot of my original order. That was all I ever wanted, and now I'm just gonna relax and wait for that slow train carrying my package to arrive a few weeks from now.

No more stages of grief for me -- the (sticker) shock, denial (that I need it), bargaining (for a lower price), etc., have led me to acceptance....ahhhhh, that's better.

And I'm hopin' for all of them awesome JWH outtakes as an extra bonus, too...(C'mon, Mr. Jeff Rosen, be a pal!)

3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

If they promise JWH out takes I would buy from BD

HominyRhodes likes this.
  4. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

We need a Bob insider to let us know if this is happening. Perhaps I should shoot Geoff Gans an email? His shop I believe was the first to promote the Cutting Edge MP3 holiday gift.

5. kuddukan

kuddukan Forum Resident

Sounds like a good plan. What’s to lose?

LonesomeDayBlues likes this.
  6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Why do you think they would just "give" us the JWH outtakes? No way that will happen. If they release them they will charge. Guaranteed

bluesbro likes this.
  7. HominyRhodes

To be clear -- there has been absolutely no indication from the Dylan camp that the JWH session tracks will ever be released. That's only a pipe dream among some of us here at the SH Forums, but maybe if we respectfully suggest it, they'll let them out of the vault. As a freebie/bonus? Probably not. But wouldn't that be nice?

Percy Song and aoxomoxoa like this.
  8. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I paid extra for fedex overnight on bobdylan.com . Eager to hear the CD of the San Diego concert I attended.

9. kuddukan

kuddukan Forum Resident

What happened to the main BS 13 thread???

The Bard and SlimLee like this.
  10. HominyRhodes

We're investigating.

11. kuddukan

kuddukan Forum Resident

I sprung for the 2day shipping on BD.com. Here's hoping they shoot them out early enough that we get them on release day.

12. kuddukan

kuddukan Forum Resident

This is literally true, because they already charged my card, and I already paid it off.

Percy Song and HominyRhodes like this.
  13. savemenow

savemenow Forum Resident

Maybe it started at this price, but the Amazon UK price of the MP3 download is 39.99 ($52.27 US). The Amazon US mp3 version is $79.99. I'm tempted, but still trying to wrap my head around all the repetitiveness of the live song titles. As George Harrison once wrote "It's all too much" :doh::doh:

I'm actually hoping I can buy just the 2 discs of studio rarities/unreleased/rehearsal individually as MP3 :winkgrin:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  14. The Bard

The Bard Highway 61 Revisited. That is all.

Yup. I 'm saving for the next one already ;)

Percy Song likes this.
  15. The Bard

The Bard Highway 61 Revisited. That is all.

I really, really hoped it was going to come back 3 days later.

16. HominyRhodes

LonesomeDayBlues likes this.
  17. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Just tell her and trust in the L--d.

Wugged and DeeThomaz like this.
  18. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

You're saying this is going to be LOUD? Or dripping with LARD?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  19. Percy Song

Good call, I think, although I do understand other people's concerns. I started with a 1965 Christmas/birthday gift from my two sisters; Highway 61 Revisited. It won't stop 'till I drop, and I say this with the knowledge that I don't have an unlimited budget now that I'm a pensioner - I just try to plan well in advance. I think I'd prefer it if Bob Inc. took a more, shall we say, flamboyant approach to these types of releases and chucked everything at us at a reasonable price regardless of whether there is a copyright factor or not. The mega King Crimson boxes set a good example for others to follow in my opinion. Beautiful 12" x 12" boxes brimming with CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, books, posters, additional downloads and on and on, for (comparative) peanuts. I've mentioned elsewhere (or here, possibly) that the latest 27-disc release (exhaustively covering 3 years of studio and live work by the group) retails for approximately what many people will end up paying for the 9 disc BS13 .

https://burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/king-crimson_sailors-tales_boxset

I'm not aware of anyone else that gives this much attention to their product or such value to the fans: I may be wrong. Obviously, one does have to be a fan to appreciate these types of releases. There's not much point in buying a 27 disc box of King Crimson if you have no interest in King Crimson! :laugh: My interest is probably too marginal, despite it being my favourite period, to indulge, but then again....

Bob Inc. is taking a different, perhaps more curated, approach, especially to the non-copyright stuff. Late 1978 t0 late 1981 (which BS13 spans) would require an absolutely massive box if the KC everything-plus-the-kitchen-sink model was applied, and (whisper it quietly) I'm not sure I'd listen to everything if that model was applied. Still, the bottom line is I want that San Diego show on officially-released CD.

My card has been charged, I've paid the price, and I can still laugh about the fact that my car is worth less than the "BS13: Trouble No More" Deluxe Edition.

20. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Personally I hope that the bonus disc includes the backing singer stuff, particularly the opening set. My copy of the 5th July 1981 Birmingham is almost complete, and is all the better for it. The shows were beautifully timed with the opening set leading into the main show quite superbly.

PhantomStranger and DeeThomaz like this.
  21. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Oh yeah.

I don't think it's going to happen. I'm pretty sure the raps will be edited out, let alone the non-Dylan performances. But I'll be delighted to be proven wrong.

22. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

I'm closing on that figure too :D 17 year old Saab here - and I love it :)

Percy, we have a lot in common, great musical tastes and ancient cars :D

Percy Song likes this.
  23. Percy Song

Well, yes, there might be a Loud reply from her, and she may throw some Lard at him! But I say, "Telleth ye the facts before ye get foundeth out."

Wasn't it Woody Allen who said: "Swimming isn't a sport; it's just something you do to stop yourself drowning" ?

Mazzy, DeeThomaz and Wugged like this.
  24. Percy Song

17 year-old Mitsubishi Lancer Estate. Had it from new. It's passed 14 MoT tests without a murmur. I'll never let it go. Value: £150 :laugh:

Wugged likes this.
  25. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

I hate to admit it but I really don't like Woody Allen at all. But this quote is wonderful. Priceless :D . Of course, I will steal it and use it often......................... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.