Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. PADYBU

PADYBU Forum Resident

Well that's a pity, thanks for letting me know. If anyone would like to send me photos from the BOTT era, that'd be much appreciated.

stepeanut and Mr. Explorer like this.
  2. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Thanks, that's more readable. These liner notes are understandably famous. Hamill's in the groove with Dylan's songs although he gets a little metaphorical in this writing. What would he have written for an update? A shame they're not giving him the chance.

Oh, and I like the Blood On the Tapes cover art. I also like the photo very much, it's appropriate even though it's a year too early from Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.

Photos from these sessions are hard to come by. I'm not sure any leaked out. I think we'll be session photos for the first time in the accompanying book.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. Arkady

Arkady Forum Resident

Ah, I do that too, but the acoustic version is a masterpiece. Utterly mesmerising.

signothetimes53 and monkeyboy67 like this.
  4. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

Calm down, noob.

5. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

I’m very sure that a 6cd set, with lavish packaging, is going to be limited. Marketing ploy or not.

6. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Thank You!!!

7. kuddukan

kuddukan Forum Resident

I really like this. Great use of the photo with a stylish text and simple colors. Thank you.

poolie, PADYBU and Mr. Explorer like this.
  8. Mr.Kite

Mr.Kite Forum Resident

Hey all, I hope this hasn't already been asked, but I haven't read through this thread.... Do you know which takes were originally planned to be on BOTT before he re-recorded some of them in MN? Thanks!

asdf35 and NYMets41 like this.
  9. George P

George P Notable Member

I believe it's the ones on the test pressing.

[​IMG]

NYMets41, IronWaffle and Sean Murdock like this.
  10. Mr.Kite

Mr.Kite Forum Resident

I mean do we know which take Dylan used on that album that you linked? Like did he use take 1 of Blood on the Tracks for the release? Take 2? etc... Thanks

11. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Is the packaging any more lavish than any of the other BS deluxe sets ? Of course they are all limited in a sense but not so much so that we need to rush to pre-order. As with all the previous releases we can rest assured that this set will be available for a long time. For all previous releases I have waited for the price to drop and purchased second hand over a year later. I'm sure the same will hold for this release.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    NYMets41 and Dave Gilmour's Cat like this.
  12. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Each to their own, but that it the very thing I do desire...

Also if they have the multitracks for the Minnesota tracks, which is implied by the fact they are being remixed, why not break them down so we can hear the different layers as we did with Like a Rolling Stone etc. on Cutting Edge? Hello I seem to have started nit-picking...

JohnKale and NYMets41 like this.
  13. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Just wait till the review copies go out :)

adriatikfan likes this.
  14. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Is it the same Pete Hamill as the leader of Van Der Graf Generator?

15. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

I'm guessing that each week (Friday?) leading up to the release, a new song will be made available, as was the case with Trouble No More.

NYMets41 likes this.
  16. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

No.

Pete Hamill - Wikipedia

17. voles

voles Forum Lurker

here's hopin'

streetlegal likes this.
  18. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Thanks, I have wondering about that since 1974 - don't know why I never checked...

19. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Google is your friend — at least since 1998.

Mr. D and Mr. Explorer like this.
  20. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I sort of agree which is why I ordered the 2LP. However, the Tell Tale Signs 3-disc deluxe set from 2008 retailed at over £100 making it, by far, the “worst ever value” of a Dylan deluxe set. Just one extra disc and a book for near £100.

SteveM likes this.
  21. culabula

culabula Unread author.

They appear to be located in Cambridge, in the U.K., promising day of release delivery.

22. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident Thread Starter

I know it’s an unfashionable viewpoint here, but I refuse to listen to any of the previews. I just want to soak up the full release as something that’s entirely new to me. It’s strange to read you all raving about the new ‘IYSHSH’ when I won’t hear it until November, but as with previous sets I know I will be glad I waited.

23. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

I would like to have seen this, too. A bonus Blu-Ray disc, giving us everything plus "stems" from Minneapolis as a minimum.

In the absence of stems, isolating the two rear channels on the BOTT 5.1 surround mix reveals plenty of musical detail on the Minneapolis tracks, not least Bob's "stabbing", "possessed" organ overdub.

IronWaffle, timnor and slane like this.
  24. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Ok - 1975 or whatever. As far as I remember the original copy I bought in the UK didn't have any liner notes though...

25. voles

voles Forum Lurker

I just assumed it was who I thought it was...